Gay Disney Fans shout out

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
I was thinking the other day about how I would love a bf who loved Disney as much as I do, and then wondered if there were any other LGBT disney fans on this site.

JustInTime

Interesting thread. I guess I will bite! The stereotype for male Disney fans = gay in most people's eyes (I know better though). So I have been wondering what the actual ratio of Gay vs. Straight Disney fan really is. Especially on the boards as it would help explain he cattiness. :ROFLOL:

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years and we go once a year for a couple's trip. It's lovely. It's my favorite place in the world and we are treated no different than straight couples. And I come here because it's the closest I can get to being there.

SosoDude

When I read the title of this thread I was wondering if gay disney fans were getting in groups and shouting like the brazillian tour groups or something....:veryconfu

Nevermind..... I'll just tip-toe qiuietly out of here.......

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
It would be kind of funny if there was a "Gay Disney Gang" then went around beating up straight dudes in Disney World. They would never get in trouble and would RULE The Park cause no dude would ever admit what happened. Haha.

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
Interesting thread. I guess I will bite! The stereotype for male Disney fans = gay in most people's eyes (I know better though). So I have been wondering what the actual ratio of Gay vs. Straight Disney fan really is. Especially on the boards as it would help explain he cattiness. :ROFLOL:

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years and we go once a year for a couple's trip. It's lovely. It's my favorite place in the world and we are treated no different than straight couples. And I come here because it's the closest I can get to being there.

Maybe I should have made this thread a poll so we could figure out the ratio

Wilt Dasney

Straight Disney fan here, but I can tell you that the 5 months I spent working at WDW was definitely an eye-opener in the appeal Disney has to the gay community. I knew going in that the gay:straight ratio would be higher than I was used to, but it was still higher than I expected.

Of course some were easier to spot than others, but it seems like every week or two I would find out another low-key co-worker I had automatically tagged as straight was gay. By the end of my program, I also learned that all 3 of my roommates were either gay or bi$exual. I like to think the experience helped me relate to gay people better and not rely on stereotypes so heavily when I meet new people.

JustInTime

Straight Disney fan here, but I can tell you that the 5 months I spent working at WDW was definitely an eye-opener in the appeal Disney has to the gay community. I knew going in that the gay:straight ratio would be higher than I was used to, but it was still higher than I expected.

Of course some were easier to spot than others, but it seems like every week or two I would find out another low-key co-worker I had automatically tagged as straight was gay. By the end of my program, I also learned that all 3 of my roommates were either gay or bi$exual. I like to think the experience helped me relate to gay people better and not rely on stereotypes so heavily when I meet new people.

The idea of a dating thread is odd. But I don't wonder about members at times. I guess that is human nature.

And Wilt, your post really means a lot. I hope other people can experience what you have. What you have said is pretty amazing. Thanks for adding that. I hope you enjoyed working there. I am pretty jealous.

Wilt Dasney

And Wilt, your post really means a lot. I hope other people can experience what you have. What you have said is pretty amazing. Thanks for adding that. I hope you enjoyed working there. I am pretty jealous.

No problem. :)

And I had a blast working there...partially due to the fact there was a lot less competition for girls. :lookaroun :lol:

JustInTime

No problem. :)

And I had a blast working there...partially due to the fact there was a lot less competition for girls. :lookaroun :lol:

Oh, I am sure! And I bet you learned one of the best kept secrets too! If you wanna get with a girl, become friends with the Gay best friend. It never fails.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom