Gatlinburg Honeymoon destroyed, Disney, you're up!

R W B

I'm pretty sure this isn't possible but figured I'd post up and ask anyway.

No one has any PIN codes or special discounts I could use for next week huh? Big question is, are they even transferable? I'm assuming their not.

Next question, besides Best Friends Pet Center on property does anyone have any recommendations on dog boarding centers close to WDW? Best Friends website says their booked next week.

My wedding is Friday and we were suppose to be heading to tennessesse on Monday for our Honeymoon. That's obviously not happening with the wild fires now so we're trying to do a last minute Disney trip.

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
So sorry I know how much y'all were looking forward to the honeymoon. No pin codes are not transferable. Disney of course is beautiful at this time so I hope you can find a resort that is in your budget. The Best Friends Pet care is wonderful from what I hear and right on property. Hope everything works out for y'all!! Keep us updated. :)

Upvote 0

R W B

Original Poster
I'm so sorry about your upcoming honeymoon. Best wishes on your day.
Thank you!
So sorry I know how much y'all were looking forward to the honeymoon. No pin codes are not transferable. Disney of course is beautiful at this time so I hope you can find a resort that is in your budget. The Best Friends Pet care is wonderful from what I hear and right on property. Hope everything works out for y'all!! Keep us updated. :)
I didn't think they were transferable. We just PO French Quarter, it's a great resort. Nice and small. We've stayed there during December before and enjoyed it. We've also used Best Friends in the past too but they are fully booked now.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Thank you!

I didn't think they were transferable. We just PO French Quarter, it's a great resort. Nice and small. We've stayed there during December before and enjoyed it. We've also used Best Friends in the past too but they are fully booked now.

Oh darn I missed that part that they were booked in the original post. :(. Yes POFQ i agree is a great resort can't go wrong there. For your pet give Woof Gang Bakery in Celebration a call. I'm sure they know some great boarding places nearby. If you have never gone there in Celebration their shop is awesome lots everything for dogs. They even bake all their own treats in house that they also sell. That is the first one and they have several others across the country now. It was opened by a lady who used to work in corporate for Disney or her husband worked for corporate. They should be a great resource to point you in the right direction for boarding. We always visit there each trip to buy things for our fur babies. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Herdman

We go to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge at least once every year. So sad to see what is happening there right now. Hope things turn out well for you at Disney.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Oh darn I missed that part that they were booked in the original post. :(. Yes POFQ i agree is a great resort can't go wrong there. For your pet give Woof Gang Bakery in Celebration a call. I'm sure they know some great boarding places nearby. If you have never gone there in Celebration their shop is awesome lots everything for dogs. They even bake all their own treats in house that they also sell. That is the first one and they have several others across the country now. It was opened by a lady who used to work in corporate for Disney or her husband worked for corporate. They should be a great resource to point you in the right direction for boarding. We always visit there each trip to buy things for our fur babies. :)

And sorry darn spell check it's Woof (not Wolf oops) Gang Bakery in Celebration. ;)

Upvote 0

R W B

Original Poster
Oh darn I missed that part that they were booked in the original post. :(. Yes POFQ i agree is a great resort can't go wrong there. For your pet give Wolf Gang Bakery in Celebration a call. I'm sure they know some great boarding places nearby. If you have never gone there in Celebration their shop is awesome lots everything for dogs. They even bake all their own treats in house that they also sell. That is the first one and they have several others across the country now. It was opened by a lady who used to work in corporate for Disney or her husband worked for corporate. They should be a great resource to point you in the right direction for boarding. We always visit there each trip to buy things for our fur babies. :)
As many time as we've been to WDW we've never been to Celebration. I'm gonna try and make it this trip, especially this bakery. They were able to give me a couple names but the issue is none of them are really 24/7 like Best Friends. Our dog has bad anxiety when he's not around people or animals he knows so when we board him it has to be a place we can go see him for just 20min and he's fine. At Best Friends on our last trip we would show up at midnight and it was fine. The places I've called so far highly suggests that we don't visit at all but of course we're allowed to but they have normal business hours for the public. So that's gonna be hard.

We go to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge at least once every year. So sad to see what is happening there right now. Hope things turn out well for you at Disney.
Its terrible what happening there. I've never been there but my fiancé use to go often growing up and she was real excited to be able to show me things she enjoyed from her trips there. Hopefully we'll be able to make the trip soon.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

As many time as we've been to WDW we've never been to Celebration. I'm gonna try and make it this trip, especially this bakery. They were able to give me a couple names but the issue is none of them are really 24/7 like Best Friends. Our dog has bad anxiety when he's not around people or animals he knows so when we board him it has to be a place we can go see him for just 20min and he's fine. At Best Friends on our last trip we would show up at midnight and it was fine. The places I've called so far highly suggests that we don't visit at all but of course we're allowed to but they have normal business hours for the public. So that's gonna be hard.

Its terrible what happening there. I've never been there but my fiancé use to go often growing up and she was real excited to be able to show me things she enjoyed from her trips there. Hopefully we'll be able to make the trip soon.

Yeah Best Friends hours are awesome and hope you can find one for him or hope maybe they get some openings. Woog Gang Bakery and Celebration in general is a wonderful relaxing little community and worth a visit. They have a delicious Sushi restauraunt called Ari I believe if you like sushi, and several other great restauraunts and shops. The lake is beautiful in the middle of town and looking at the homes is fun too. It's my dream place to live one day. ;)

Upvote 0

R W B

Original Poster
Yeah Best Friends hours are awesome and hope you can find one for him or hope maybe they get some openings. Woog Gang Bakery and Celebration in general is a wonderful relaxing little community and worth a visit. They have a delicious Sushi restauraunt called Ari I believe if you like sushi, and several other great restauraunts and shops. The lake is beautiful in the middle of town and looking at the homes is fun too. It's my dream place to live one day. ;)
It's funny because my fiancé says the same thing about wanting to move there but yet she never wants to take the time to go visit there lol.

I would call Disney Guests Services and explain your situation. They have names of kennels and they can put something special together for your Honeymoon. These kind of situations is where "Disney Magic" is real.
We did explain our situation and the operator did show some compassion but didn't offer anything special. Not saying I expected her to but I do read stories of free upgrades and what not.

There is a A Pet's Palace Resort on Orange Blossom Trail.
Haven't contacted this one yet, I'll give them a call. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom