Gas Prices near WDW insane

WDWFigment

I am only close to a BP and a Marathon and I paid 3.85 on Thursday....

I am going to WDW in October and driving from Indy, I am curious how the gas prices will be then. I have looked around for cheap airfare and found only AirTran cheap and I can't handle that airline! I am going for a confernece in Orlando so I will need a car anyway, this way I don't have to rent one.

The only gas stations I go to in town are the Thorntons over by my house, and a BP on Fall Creek Blvd. because they have the best prices. The gas at the BP went up to $3.85 on Thursday...could this be the same station to which you referred?

I'd recommend downloading Ding! from Southwest. If you watch that, you should be able to find a ~$200 roundtrip.

Hrudey3032

I don't think having an amusement park is the determining factor for gas prices. That said, I got gas for $3.65 on Wednesday at the Thornton's near Keystone and I was pretty pleased. That pretty well beat the national average.

Yea until it jumped back up to $3.85 on thursday even though oil dropped :fork: but the point I was making about the amusement parks down in Florida was there is alot of tourism(Indy isnt known for major tourism) gas was cheaper than here.This summer Indiana was one of the higher gas prices around.

awalkinthepark

In Central FL, I find Hess and Racetrac to be be the lowest priced gas....Shell and 7/11 running slightly higher and BP just doesn't seem to want to actually sell gas...in Lakeland they are normally 15-20 cents more than the next highest priced station.

If we are going to the Orlando airport or traveling over to the space coast we will go to a Hess on Disney property to fill up.

smk

The only gas stations I go to in town are the Thorntons over by my house, and a BP on Fall Creek Blvd. because they have the best prices. The gas at the BP went up to $3.85 on Thursday...could this be the same station to which you referred?

I'd recommend downloading Ding! from Southwest. If you watch that, you should be able to find a ~$200 roundtrip.
No, I live in the Lawrence Township (think old Fort Harrison and you would be REALLY close) and my BP is on 56th street. If I had a Thorton's by me it would be great, I really have no choices when it comes to buying gas conviently.

msep003

hey guys your gas is very cheap .

here in France we paid $2,40 per litres then now it dropped to $2,28 per litres .

a Gallone is 4 litres so we usually pay $9,12 per gallon .

i refill my small car for $105 in the US it would be like $35 or less

Hrudey3032

No, I live in the Lawrence Township (think old Fort Harrison and you would be REALLY close) and my BP is on 56th street. If I had a Thorton's by me it would be great, I really have no choices when it comes to buying gas conviently.

Thornton's by Pendelton Pike and Sunnyside/German Church.Near the Walmart over there.

WelshBatman

I live on US 27 between I-4 and 192 and it's weird because the prices near 192 are significantly lower than near I-4 and the prices at the Hess stations on Disney property are usually near the prices that are around 192.

The gas prices aren't that insane.

jen2009

i agree about the hess station. it was much cheaper there than anywhere we saw. we will definately remember for our next trip.

ewensell3

i agree about the hess station. it was much cheaper there than anywhere we saw. we will definately remember for our next trip.

I'll third the on-property Hess stations. They tend to be cheaper than anything just off-property and on-par with everything else. When I went in June they were "only" 5¢/gal more than back home.

Something else to watch out for is different prices for cash vs. credit card. Separate pricing is a rare thing where I come from (as a matter of fact, there's only one chain that does it). I stopped at a Chevron near FL Mall thinking I had found a great price only to find that the price on the sign was if you paid with cash. Credit card was 5¢/gal more. Didn't see the fine print on the pump until I had almost finished. Still saved a few cents relative to the other nearby stations, but even so... :brick:

Hrudey3032

:snore:
Yeah, Gas cost more than it used to.
Just pay up and stop complaining.
Jeez.

Does everyone of your comments always have to be inflammatory? :brick:
You are beginning to sound like the boy always going "nyah nyah nyah!"
Doesn't it annoy you that in less than a year we have gone up as much as we have? When I bought my new car in March gas was 3.09 a gallon by July 4th it was 4.19 a gallon.Yes things go up but 33% in 4 months?That is ridiculous. You and thousands of others served in the military so I can use my freedom of speech and if people want to gripe its their god given right.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Does everyone of your comments always have to be inflammatory? :brick:
You are beginning to sound like the boy always going "nyah nyah nyah!"
Doesn't it annoy you that in less than a year we have gone up as much as we have? When I bought my new car in March gas was 3.09 a gallon by July 4th it was 4.19 a gallon.Yes things go up but 33% in 4 months?That is ridiculous. You and thousands of others served in the military so I can use my freedom of speech and if people want to gripe its their god given right.
I think they do!

That's why I put him on IGNORE.

800px-Trolling_drawing.jpg

maelstrom

Gas prices here in the mid Hudson valley in NY are falling as well, I paid $4.05 the other day. You have to go to NJ to find prices below $4 (and they are not that far below). Using the link SpongeScott posted it seems just about all the stations are cheaper than around here. :shrug:

Gas is $3.97 in Middletown and $3.99 in Florida/Warwick. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom