Gargoyles Comic

Lhriangel

Original Poster
It's a mix of snow, ice and rain here today. Work closed early so I came home, shoveled, am going to have some lunch, and read some comics!

Bought comics.. suprisingly large load so I am having the two countdown specials (Atom and Red Son) held till next week :). Will read tomorrow and let you know. I did get the latest Gargoyles comic woohoo!

Lhriangel

Original Poster
There's a new Gargoyles issue out? What number is it?
It's Gargoyles 7.

Also got the following:
Countdown Arena
JLA Classified
Wonder Woman
Nightwing
Countdown to Final Crisis
Wonder Girl
Superman Confidential
Booster Gold
Green Arrow and Black Canary
Captain Carrot and the Final Ark
Salvation Run

Haven't read them yet though.

Green Lantern

It's Gargoyles 7.

Also got the following:
Countdown Arena
JLA Classified
Wonder Woman
Nightwing
Countdown to Final Crisis
Wonder Girl
Superman Confidential
Booster Gold
Green Arrow and Black Canary
Captain Carrot and the Final Ark
Salvation Run

Haven't read them yet though.

Today at work was our Christmas party so we got out early after the luncheon. At home waiting for me was a box of comics from Demolition Comics in Tampa. It had the Invincible issues I needed as well as Garogyles Bad Guys.

I need to order Gargoyles #7. This is killing me with my store not carrying it.

Who is writing Nightwing now? I think the new writer is or will be Tomasi? The same guy who is writing GL Corps. I may look back into Nightwing if the writing is good. Once Chuck Dixon left I really lost my love for that book. I loved it when it first came out and with McDaniels on art it was just awesome. I hope they bring back Nightwing to its glory.

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Today at work was our Christmas party so we got out early after the luncheon. At home waiting for me was a box of comics from Demolition Comics in Tampa. It had the Invincible issues I needed as well as Garogyles Bad Guys.

I need to order Gargoyles #7. This is killing me with my store not carrying it.

Who is writing Nightwing now? I think the new writer is or will be Tomasi? The same guy who is writing GL Corps. I may look back into Nightwing if the writing is good. Once Chuck Dixon left I really lost my love for that book. I loved it when it first came out and with McDaniels on art it was just awesome. I hope they bring back Nightwing to its glory.

I haven't had the chance to read/look at my books yet. I do know however that this was the last Ra's issue of Nightwing so I think the new author on that and Robin starts with the next issue?

Green Lantern

I haven't had the chance to read/look at my books yet. I do know however that this was the last Ra's issue of Nightwing so I think the new author on that and Robin starts with the next issue?

I'm reading from my stack of "To Read" comics now. Currently I am reading Thor: Son of Asgard. I love Norse mythology, and my favorite Thor comics are when they deal with Asgard and the Norse myths. So this comic is really good.

I hear the official Batman trailer goes up tomorrow for the new movie!

Lhriangel

Original Poster
I'm reading from my stack of "To Read" comics now. Currently I am reading Thor: Son of Asgard. I love Norse mythology, and my favorite Thor comics are when they deal with Asgard and the Norse myths. So this comic is really good.

I hear the official Batman trailer goes up tomorrow for the new movie!

I need to see the trailer. Haven't had time to do that OR read my books due to work. I'm hoping to read them tonight :).

Green Lantern

Not sure... will let you know tomorrow.

I only got one book yesterday, the new Paul Dini issue of Detective Comics. Next week though, oh boy, big week, bunch of comics, Preview mag, new Wizard.

My comic book shop said for the next two weeks, due to the holidays, comics come in on Fridays. Don't forget!

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Comics come out Friday this week due to the holiday. What is on your comic list this week? Did you have a nice holiday?

Good Holiday! And some awesome comics to be had by all :) :).

I loved the last Flash, it was great... and Teen Titans Year One was great as well. All in all it's been a great new year so far in terms of comics :).

Green Lantern

Good Holiday! And some awesome comics to be had by all :) :).

I loved the last Flash, it was great... and Teen Titans Year One was great as well. All in all it's been a great new year so far in terms of comics :).

I read on newsarama.com that Mark Waid is leaving The Flash. A shame, he's a great writer and wrote one of my favoite runs (no pun intended) on Flash back in the 90's. Geof JOhns run is also great on Flash, but I am beginning to think anything he writes is good. His Green Lantern is one of the best ever.

I've been reading my Detective Comics trades with the Paul Dini stories in them, real good stuff. I hope he stays on this book for a long time.

Lhriangel

Original Poster
I read on newsarama.com that Mark Waid is leaving The Flash. A shame, he's a great writer and wrote one of my favoite runs (no pun intended) on Flash back in the 90's. Geof JOhns run is also great on Flash, but I am beginning to think anything he writes is good. His Green Lantern is one of the best ever.

I've been reading my Detective Comics trades with the Paul Dini stories in them, real good stuff. I hope he stays on this book for a long time.
I like Dini, interesting and different style. I also LOVE Flash right now and hope the next writer can keep the kids intrigated into the storylines.

Green Lantern

I like Dini, interesting and different style. I also LOVE Flash right now and hope the next writer can keep the kids intrigated into the storylines.

Flash is a great character, I love Wally West, my favorite Flash. Have you ever rad any of Geoff Johns Flash run? They are out as trades, you should check them out, really good stuff, he made his rogues gallery something to be feared.

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Flash is a great character, I love Wally West, my favorite Flash. Have you ever rad any of Geoff Johns Flash run? They are out as trades, you should check them out, really good stuff, he made his rogues gallery something to be feared.
I have not actually read them. They are on my list. lol

Green Lantern

I have not actually read them. They are on my list. lol

They're really good comics. He really made the rogues to be a force to be reckoned with.

I keep hoping Geoff Johns will get put on Nightwing. Johns really seems to know his DC characters well.

While I am hoping, I hope they but Chuck Dixon back on Nightwing one day with Scott McDaniels doing pencils (like when they started the book) and give Ron Marz his own Kyle Rayner/ Green Lantern solo book. I love what Johns is doing with the GL books, but I do miss Kyle having a solo run, he is what got me into the GL books.

Lhriangel

Original Poster
They're really good comics. He really made the rogues to be a force to be reckoned with.

I keep hoping Geoff Johns will get put on Nightwing. Johns really seems to know his DC characters well.

While I am hoping, I hope they but Chuck Dixon back on Nightwing one day with Scott McDaniels doing pencils (like when they started the book) and give Ron Marz his own Kyle Rayner/ Green Lantern solo book. I love what Johns is doing with the GL books, but I do miss Kyle having a solo run, he is what got me into the GL books.

I'm not sure about Geoff Johns on Nightwing, he's a bigger writer and that's not as big a book. And I'm sorry but I am of the opinion that there are too many GL books!!!!! lol

Green Lantern

I'm not sure about Geoff Johns on Nightwing, he's a bigger writer and that's not as big a book. And I'm sorry but I am of the opinion that there are too many GL books!!!!! lol

LOL Have you read Green Lantern, the one Johns does, not the GL Corps? It's pretty good. The Corps book I could do without, but the main one is really good. Most likely Kyle Rayner will be a supporting character in the GL books so he won't get his own title.

Nightwing is such a good character, but the past few years of his comic have just been awful. I thought it would get better when Marv Wolfman came on, and I read the first few issues of that, than dropped the book again. I'm thinking of picking it up with the new writer but not sure if it's worth it. The guy who is writing GL Corps is doing Nightwing I beleive.

I'm surprised DC hasn't signed Jud Winnick onto Nightwing. Is the book worth checking out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom