Game of Thrones: Season 7

21stamps

Should we be using spoiler tags or no? I'm thinking no, but want other people's opinions.

Imo no, because you have to willingly click on the to read it. I couldn't watch til 10:30 last night, so I avoided all social media and this thread.

This thread is much easier to avoid than reading something on a FB newsfeed.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Thoughts on Stormborn:

Euron's Gift
  • Looks like it's Ellaria Sand. I'm guessing that if Euron delivers Ellaria, Tyene, and Yara, Cersei will have Tyene killed on the spot- a daughter for a daughter- before sentencing Ellaria to death.
  • The gift that Cersei will return will be Yara; she has literally no use or care for her
  • Also, good riddance about the other two Sand Snakes; I was on Euron's side during the battle scene before he captured Yara and Theon jumped ship.
  • Speaking of Theon- that was heartbreaking. I could tell that he wasn't going to fight for his sister, but those moments were agonizing. :cry: He'd come so far, and yet still couldn't overcome the violence around him.
Dragonstone
  • Was anyone else a little concerned for Varys? Because I was :eek:
  • Yayyyyyy Grey Worm and Missandei! Too bad it'll probably be their last encounter :( I just don't see them getting a happily ever after
  • With Melisandre there, it looks like another showdown between her and Davos is brewing. Which brings me to a major question- does the show even bother with proper travel times anymore? It took Robert and Co. a month to get to Winterfell from King's Landing. Unless Jon and Davos take a ship, it's going to take them at least 5 weeks to get to Dragonstone
Oldtown
  • That surgical scene between Sam and Jorah? Nope nope nope nope nope
  • Really hard to watch
  • And I couldn't tell what the process was? Like, how is Sam planning on curing Jorah?
The North
  • Nymeria :cry: I just wanted Arya to have her wolf again
  • With Brienne at her side, I think Sansa should be safe from Littlefinger while Jon's away
  • which brings me to the best comment I read about that Jon/Littlefinger scene: "I wish I could be as bold as Littlefinger, to ask a brother for his barely legal sister's hand. Petyr Baelish has more balls than Varys and The Unsullied combined ...."
  • So, who will make it home first: Arya or Bran?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Thoughts on Stormborn:

Euron's Gift
  • Looks like it's Ellaria Sand. I'm guessing that if Euron delivers Ellaria, Tyene, and Yara, Cersei will have Tyene killed on the spot- a daughter for a daughter- before sentencing Ellaria to death.
  • The gift that Cersei will return will be Yara; she has literally no use or care for her
  • Also, good riddance about the other two Sand Snakes; I was on Euron's side during the battle scene before he captured Yara and Theon jumped ship.
  • Speaking of Theon- that was heartbreaking. I could tell that he wasn't going to fight for his sister, but those moments were agonizing. :cry: He'd come so far, and yet still couldn't overcome the violence around him.
Dragonstone
  • Was anyone else a little concerned for Varys? Because I was :eek:
  • Yayyyyyy Grey Worm and Missandei! Too bad it'll probably be their last encounter :( I just don't see them getting a happily ever after
  • With Melisandre there, it looks like another showdown between her and Davos is brewing. Which brings me to a major question- does the show even bother with proper travel times anymore? It took Robert and Co. a month to get to Winterfell from King's Landing. Unless Jon and Davos take a ship, it's going to take them at least 5 weeks to get to Dragonstone
Oldtown
  • That surgical scene between Sam and Jorah? Nope nope nope nope nope
  • Really hard to watch
  • And I couldn't tell what the process was? Like, how is Sam planning on curing Jorah?
The North
  • Nymeria :cry: I just wanted Arya to have her wolf again
  • With Brienne at her side, I think Sansa should be safe from Littlefinger while Jon's away
  • which brings me to the best comment I read about that Jon/Littlefinger scene: "I wish I could be as bold as Littlefinger, to ask a brother for his barely legal sister's hand. Petyr Baelish has more balls than Varys and The Unsullied combined ...."
  • So, who will make it home first: Arya or Bran?

Time Travel - yes, it got really bad with Varys' movements in the past.
Sam Wise - he was slicing the top level greyscale off, then would coat the underlying skin with an oitment. (think pulling off a scab..)

The confronting littlefinger right as Jon leaves town (and still needing the Vail) seemed odd.

misterID

The battle was awesome. And I was cheering on Euron also when he killed the sand snakes. He should have killed Yara. It made no sense to keep her alive, and it's pretty obvious she's alive only for Theon to redeem himself and save her.

The_Jobu

Also, good riddance about the other two Sand Snakes

Don't bring a whip to an axe fight, indeed.

And I couldn't tell what the process was?

Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be a little more involved and I thought dragonglass was supposed to be involved? Maybe I just read that elsewhere and it's not part of show-canon. But you'd think this terrible affliction would have a more quest-y cure than "cut it off, rub ointment".

Nymeria :cry: I just wanted Arya to have her wolf again

What did she say at the end? I dont get captioning for this. Something like "it wasn't you"?

21stamps

Don't bring a whip to an axe fight, indeed.

Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be a little more involved and I thought dragonglass was supposed to be involved? Maybe I just read that elsewhere and it's not part of show-canon. But you'd think this terrible affliction would have a more quest-y cure than "cut it off, rub ointment".

What did she say at the end? I dont get captioning for this. Something like "it wasn't you"?

She said "that isn't you". Because the wolf is like Arya.. doesn't want to settle down in one place.

It was a fantastic scene.. but I wanted the wolf to go some with her. I don't think that's the last we'll see of that pack either way.

The_Jobu

She said "that isn't you". Because the wolf is like Arya.. doesn't want to settle down in one place.

It was a fantastic scene.. but I wanted the wolf to go some with her. I don't think that's the last we'll see of that pack either way.

Well now, that would make sense.

misterID

Is anyone else as stoked as I am about Jon and Dany FINALLY meeting?
Yup. I'm just glad they're not stringing it out until the end of the season.

Dany is getting stone cold again. Fierce. Cersi actually had a good argument to get some back up against her. The crucifixions and all that destruction that has been left in her wake kind of gets lost in her charisma/arc of her character. Not to mention she has Dothraki who are going to rape and pillage.

That dragon bow :(

I say Jon refuses to bend the knee.

21stamps

Dany is getting stone cold again. Fierce. Cersi actually had a good argument to get some back up against her. The crucifixions and all that destruction that has been left in her wake kind of gets lost in her charisma/arc of her character. Not to mention she has Dothraki who are going to rape and pillage.

I definitely don't the think the "be a dragon" line was for nothing. Tyrian made a mistake, even with the best intentions..so I think now we will see Dany doing things "her way".

Cersei's position in life and on the throne just went from near destitute to back on top thanks to Euron.

I don't know if Jon will kneel.. I probably agree with you, or at least know that it won't be immediate. Those 2 together though..best power duo of all time if they join forces.

misterID

Going by the teasers of the season, I have a feeling they're going to force Jon to capture a white walker to prove they exist before giving him dragon glass.
It will be completely unforgivable if he bends the knee to her within the north.

21stamps

Here's my question..

The white walkers were able to get into the tree because they touched Bronn, right?

So does that mean that they can now cross the wall?

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Here's my question..

The white walkers were able to get into the tree because they touched Bronn, right?

So does that mean that they can now cross the wall?
Bran, not Bronn ;)

And I think so? Not sure though, but I'll be shocked if White Walkers aren't below the Wall by the finale.

Princess Leia

Original Poster

I don't know if Jon will kneel.. I probably agree with you, or at least know that it won't be immediate. Those 2 together though..best power duo of all time if they join forces.

If Jon bends the knee I will be majorly ticked off. However, these are 2 of the most stubborn characters on the show, so who really knows how this meeting will go.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
If Jon bends the knee I will be majorly ticked off. However, these are 2 of the most stubborn characters on the show, so who really knows how this meeting will go.

Dany will be in a weaker position too. She just lost, I'm guessing, at least half her fleet. I can't imagine him actually kneeling, he's not just going to hand the north over to her. I would imagine I would imagine a partnership if anything at this point. If Dany wants to rule the 7 kingdoms she can't just let the Whites down to take over everything.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Going by the teasers of the season, I have a feeling they're going to force Jon to capture a white walker to prove they exist before giving him dragon glass.
It will be completely unforgivable if he bends the knee to her within the north.

To me it's more of a question of will a marriage be proposed by tyrion..

flynnibus

Premium Member

Cersi left out the people Danni crucified were slave masters.... and slavery is very much looked down upon in westeros.

The dragon bow... what did they literally just read the hobbit?

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Cersi left out the people Danni crucified were slave masters.... and slavery is very much looked down upon in westeros.

The dragon bow... what did they literally just read the hobbit?
Gosh I was so disappointed with the dragon bow. They just used it on a very much dead dragon's skull. Good luck using that thing on a living breathing dragon. Bard lucked out when he killed Smaug, since there was a weak spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom