Game of this Generation?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
With the next generation of consoles right around the corner there is no better time than now to ask ourselves "What is your favourite game of this generation?"

For me it's Minecraft, with Red Dead Redemption coming in at a close second. What about you guys?
Since this generation of gaming is about to close with the release of the Xbox One and the PS4...I'd say Red Dead is tops of those consoles, with Skyrim being second (best fantasy game ever) and San Andreas being third.

WED99

Original Poster
Since this generation of gaming is about to close with the release of the Xbox One and the PS4...I'd say Red Dead is tops of those consoles, with Skyrim being second (best fantasy game ever) and San Andreas being third.
Update list for me...
1) Red Dead
2) GTA V
3) Minecraft

WED99

Original Poster
San Andreas is last gen, but still one of the greatest of last gen.

WED99

Original Poster
Minecraft? I never really hear that game in these kinds of lists
It has no story and at first glance looks like a cheap arcade game, but anyone who has played it knows how amazing it is.

It kickstarter the indie game revolution, one of the biggest events of this gaming generation, and was the first game to truly capture the complete freedom feeling.

If you haven't played it I suggest you do. It's great for designing rides/attractions, there's even an online server with majority of WDW re-created, check it out (McMagic.us)

bsiev1977

It has no story and at first glance looks like a cheap arcade game, but anyone who has played it knows how amazing it is.

It kickstarter the indie game revolution, one of the biggest events of this gaming generation, and was the first game to truly capture the complete freedom feeling.

If you haven't played it I suggest you do. It's great for designing rides/attractions, there's even an online server with majority of WDW re-created, check it out (McMagic.us)

I've seen some of the really extreme things people have designed in Minecraft, so I can appreciate it in that regard. I'm just not a fan of playing it since I don't have the artistic/design skills necessary to do anything beyond the simplest things.

Jimmy Thick

The game of this generation and generations past is and continues to be World of Warcraft.

When a game has more people playing per month than all the people who will visit IOA all year, you really can't compare it to anything else.

Jimmy Thick- How many WoW killers have there been that have failed?

WED99

Original Poster
The game of this generation and generations past is and continues to be World of Warcraft.

When a game has more people playing per month than all the people who will visit IOA all year, you really can't compare it to anything else.

Jimmy Thick- How many WoW killers have there been that have failed?
I wouldn't agree that numbers are enough to make it game of this generation. I've heard the gameplay is excellent, but it was still released last gen and doesn't really count.

Matt7187

I wouldn't agree that numbers are enough to make it game of this generation. I've heard the gameplay is excellent, but it was still released last gen and doesn't really count.
It must be good enough if universal is serious about putting it in their parks

HTF

I saw it on screamscape, and @HTF said on twitter that he thinks they are right, so I think it's happening. Now sure how happy I am about it , though. Never played WoW

Very blue sky btw, i was just pointing out its come up before is all. Now if the movie is crazy successful...

Jimmy Thick

Numbers define just about everything in society. Generation defining would be the game that attracts the most people to its concepts and gameplay and when a game like WoW, which has more than likely made more money, and been played more than any other game ever and will continue to do so for the unseen future, how can you argue that's its not?

Ask a person off the street if they played oh say Call of Duty and ask them if they have played WoW and chances are you would get a 7-3 in favor of WoW.

WoW was released like 6 or 7 years ago yet they keep refreshing the game with expansions to keep things as up to date as possible graphically yet keeping minimum requirements relatively low to keep the game available to as many as possible. To call it last generation is a little unfair when I have personally played since the beginning and to say its the same game is completely untrue and totally not factual. Every new expansion alters the game and in some cases dramatically.

I see where you are coming from and respect your opinion, but WoW saved PC gaming and keeps chugging along.

Jimmy Thick- WoW fanboi.

Jimmy Thick

It must be good enough if universal is serious about putting it in their parks

Universal is making the WoW film but putting it in the theme parks would be stretching things. WoW is an extremely dark game and I can't see it evolve into family friendly theme park attractions without lightning up the lore, and to do that would be silly. I would love to see it though, don't think its possible but would love to see it.

Jimmy Thick- Would love to take a picture with Thrall screaming "FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!!!".

WED99

Original Poster
Numbers define just about everything in society. Generation defining would be the game that attracts the most people to its concepts and gameplay and when a game like WoW, which has more than likely made more money, and been played more than any other game ever and will continue to do so for the unseen future, how can you argue that's its not?

Ask a person off the street if they played oh say Call of Duty and ask them if they have played WoW and chances are you would get a 7-3 in favor of WoW.

WoW was released like 6 or 7 years ago yet they keep refreshing the game with expansions to keep things as up to date as possible graphically yet keeping minimum requirements relatively low to keep the game available to as many as possible. To call it last generation is a little unfair when I have personally played since the beginning and to say its the same game is completely untrue and totally not factual. Every new expansion alters the game and in some cases dramatically.

I see where you are coming from and respect your opinion, but WoW saved PC gaming and keeps chugging along.

Jimmy Thick- WoW fanboi.
I'm not sure about the US but I can guarantee you in Australia more gamers have played CoD than WoW.

I respect the impact the game made and I'm sure it's still great to play, but in my opinion that isn't enough to change the fact it was released in a past generation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom