GALS, I need your advice on footwear..

LMSB

We're 69 days out but I want to start shopping for a good pair of sneakers for our trip. I've never been a big sneaker person so I have no idea what's popular now. Recommendations, please & thank you!

jaklgreen

I favor Skechers running shoes with memory foam -- they're cool (breathable), comfortable and long-wearing. For socks, thin moisture-wicking Hanes no-shows. I wear them for several hours every day of our vacation and (knock on wood) I've never gotten a blister at Disney yet.

These are the shoes that I wear. They fit my foot well and have good support. Like Weather Lady said, they are breathable which makes a big difference. I scotch guard my shoes and even with that they let air in. I am on my feet all day at work so my feet get a work out and I find these to be the best shoes for me to wear all day long.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

Different shoes work for different people . What works great for me may not fit your feet properly. The trick is to go to a store that specializes in athletic footwear. Tell them what you want them for (walking, not running or cross training or tennis, or anything else). They'll size your feet and suggest shoes that will be right for you. And don't buy the first pair that feel OK. Try them all and walk around in them for a bit. Take your time.

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

Not a Gal but I'll chime in anyway. Not on brands though because several good ones have been given. Fit is everything! We have a old fashioned show store in town that actually measures the foot. His machine is more modern than the sliders of yesterday and has literally changed my life. I had no idea I was wearing the wrong size and type for so many years!

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

I favor Skechers running shoes with memory foam -- they're cool (breathable), comfortable and long-wearing. For socks, thin moisture-wicking Hanes no-shows. I wear them for several hours every day of our vacation and (knock on wood) I've never gotten a blister at Disney yet.
These are my go to for the gym, etc. but I've never been able to wear sneakers to the parks. I found very comfortable pairs of crocs flip flops for my last trip and will be using them again this year.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

I love my Brooks Launch for sneakers and alternate with Teva Mush Sandals. That's what works for me, but you need to try to go to a store that specializes in running shoes etc and get fit properly and find out what their suggestions are for you personally.

Upvote 0

oliviosis

I love the Nike Free Run and New Balance Classics for cute shoes that aren't as bulky as running shoes.
For dinners when I want to dress up a bit, I like Vionic sandals and Earth or Softt wedges.

Upvote 0

Jeffrine13

Not a tennis shoe person also, wore Asics for a couple of visits and feet and calves killed me the first two days. I'm fluffy, 50 the last time we visited and had broke my foot 1 year before our last visit and wore my Croc sandals the whole time. No foot pain Or leg pain at all. Here's a picture of Croc's Sloane sandal....
IMG_0662.JPG

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

I think it is fascinating that some people can wear the flip flop type of shoes with any comfort. For me, the part between the toes always rubs and your toes need to curl to keep the shoes on making it a very awkward and painful walk. Not to mention when it rains your foot will get wet and have the added friction on the shoe. I wonder if it is all in what your foot gets used to. Like I have said, I work on my feet all day so support and comfort are a key and I pretty much always wear good walking sneakers. If I wear anything else that has less support for more then a couple of hours, I get horrible pain all up my foot and legs and back. The key is to find what works for you.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I wear Skecher Go Walk 4 with anti blister socks. My advice? Go up 1/2 size. Your feet will swell with all that walking and that extra half size can make a difference. If there's a toe or part of your foot that's always prone to blister, get some anti-blister liquid - you brush it on that part before putting socks on. Can't remember the name of it, but Google. Think it's made by the company that makes Band Aids. I some times will rub Body Glide over the bottom of my feet and target that one toe that always likes to blister.

I avoid wearing flip flops in the parks - too many strollers to run over my toes.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

IMG_1273.jpg After DH commenting for days several trips ago about "how can you wear flip flops all day....?!?!" I finally put on my Sketchers for an afternoon. Two hours in....back to the resort to get the Nike flip flops sporting a big blister! I can't wear athletic shoes of any sort for any length of time. Get a blister somewhere Every. Single. Time. My go-to are Sanuk yoga slings. It's like walking on air and so comfortable!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
View attachment 224288 After DH commenting for days several trips ago about "how can you wear flip flops all day....?!?!" I finally put on my Sketchers for an afternoon. Two hours in....back to the resort to get the Nike flip flops sporting a big blister! I can't wear athletic shoes of any sort for any length of time. Get a blister somewhere Every. Single. Time. My go-to are Sanuk yoga slings. It's like walking on air and so comfortable!

Yes, Sanuk flip flops are so comfortable - I was thrilled to see a store in Disney Springs. My wallet, not so much, lol.

Our first visit to WDW after a 14 year lapse was to Epcot. I wore my very comfortable Nike walking shoes. I could barely walk to and stand waiting for the bus at the end of the day, that's how bad my feet were. And we were leaving the next morning to go over to Uni. I didn't know how I'd manage to walk around Universal. Fortunately, our resort's gift shop had some Sanuk sandels. I didn't care if they were over $30, they went on my feet and those nice Nike shoes went in the trash as we walk to the boat to City Walk. I always bring a pair to wear in the evening if we don't visit a park.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I love New Balance Zante v3 fresh foams. They are so comfy and really cute. These are the ones I got for this upcoming trip. I wore them in a different color last trip and they were so comfy. I have to wear sneakers to the parks, not flip flops. But when we are relaxing around the resort, I will always wear my Sanuk yoga mat flip flops. I just can't wear flip flops in the parks with all of the walking. I wish I could.

upload_2017-8-22_5-41-35.png

Upvote 0

LMSB

Original Poster
I love New Balance Zante v3 fresh foams. They are so comfy and really cute. These are the ones I got for this upcoming trip. I wore them in a different color last trip and they were so comfy. I have to wear sneakers to the parks, not flip flops. But when we are relaxing around the resort, I will always wear my Sanuk yoga mat flip flops. I just can't wear flip flops in the parks with all of the walking. I wish I could.

View attachment 224299
Those are cute! I'm going to put those on my list to try:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom