Galactic City (tomorrowland) need help.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
Ok, i completely though of a new way to enhance MK's Tomorrowland!!
I figure i would kinda take the idea from TDL's proposed Sci-Fi City and change it up to become Galactic City.The new theme of the land would focuse more on Sci-fi and a little computer networking/ cybernetics here and there.

The look of the land would make you feel like youre on a new planet and have a lot of kenetic energy. It would also have more color- a step away from the white/silver/blue. It wouldnt be uncommon to see some new theme park characters strolling around(by that i mean they technically wouldnt be Disney characters, they would be characters made for the park....like Figment)

Another important thing that you will notice is........Star Command!
i know that many of you may not like the idea or the old show, but hear me out. Things like the TTA would be rethemed to the SCTA, and there will be an enclosed etrance to the land (hub side) that would put you in a special effects tunnel making it seem like youre warping to Galactic city. An XR(http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7214/xryn7.jpg) audio animatronic would greet guest here. Im not sure yet whether he should be like Raz in DCA or Mr. Potato Head.....anyway, Star command would run this land as the Police. Although, Buzz wont be over-done. Buzz would be featured as a member of Star Command, rather than having him milked everywhere.

Now with this idea, Tomorrowland would be completely over-hauled. Meaning that the entire land might be shut down for a few years (dont hurt me(words hurt too):cry:

Attractions (this is gonna be the part where i need help)
  • Space Mountain: New Frontier
This is Gonna be almost like a sequel to SM - one with i bit more of a story and a little higher thrill ratting. I got the idea after seeing Tim Delaney's concept for a SM (http://progresscityusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/delaney_shanghaispace.jpg) The thing that stod out to me was that ring around the structure. When i saw it, i imagined an actual lauch system for the attraction. If the current SM had a ring (adjusted size ofcourse)and outdoor launch, like 0-50 in 5 seconds thet traveled on the ring then entered the mountain. not only would that look cool but it would slightly raise the thrill rating. Also, if you notice, SM is kinda on like a peninsula. if they couls expand SM to fill up the peninsula thet would make it less cramped and you could add som effects to it. like projections and floating comets/planets/astroids ect. audio would be nice. too. the rockets may bare the SC color scheem. White/green with a little red. Maybe glow in the dark. But thats not really something i care about too much.
  • The Star Command Transit Athority
First well come on, its the people mover! any theme could be good and SC would fit with the rest of the SC theme. So besides different Narration and color scheem, the reall thing i want to change it the ride itself. I saw this concept art http://davelandweb.com/tomorrowland/popup.htm?images/50s/Drall_TlandConcept3.jpg and i realized how much cooler it looks being suspended. so yeah
  • Network Array/ Network Transmission (working on title)
This new attraction would take the space of eithe Monsters Inc LF or Stichs Great Escape. Its basically Rocket Rods mixed with a dark ride. Story: you are a computer program and you are exploring inside all these different networks. Ther resembalence to RR would be that the the ride can speed up and slow down back and forth. Every time you go through the nework/ warp you would got all fast then you slow down to look at the detail and visuals of the dark ride.
  • Cpt. EO would be moved to either the SGE or M.I.L.F. building.
  • Star Command HQ
This would be located in the Carrosel of progress building. It is the head quarter with interactive things for the kids to do and play with. it will also house the Star Comand Prison. basically Tokyo's proposed alien Zoo except they are bad guys....but they would e cute so kids dont ______ them selves.
This is where i need help. SCHQ will also house a dark ride. the Problem is i dont want too much of the same thing....I have to proposed dark rides that are both similar to BLSRS(astro blasters)
  1. 626 Great Escape.
Dont worry folks! its not the same attraction...Althou its the same story and uses some of the same props....The ride is basically Monster's Inc Ride and go Seek. The ride would be and omnimover...or whatever Astro Blasters, TSM, MIRagS vehicles are called. The ride takes place after Stit-er 626, cuts off the power. you will be armed with flash lights trying to find him on the Giant ship thats in the movie. The same effects in SGE will be used like the shoulder restraints bouncing as 626 jumps on you, water when he spits on you, and the smell of whatever he just ate.
  1. My second proposed dark ride would Kinda bring back the Alien Encounter that many people loved so much. But with a twist. First the attraction would be similar to Buzz and Stitch. i dont know whether to use blasters or flash lights here.....I think there would be a glove you put on that resembles Buzz's and you would press the lasser beem. anyway, the attraction would have a big warning sign saying that its no kiddie ride so parents cant go saying it scared the daylights outta my 3 year old. The attraction would start in a continuation of the Space Command prison that kids under 10 cant go into. It would house all of the scary aliens who are the most dangerous. one of them has escaped and killed some space rangers. They need back up- in this case, you. The ride would literaly be pitch black at some points. the Omnimovers would also have EMV motions equiped ( when you get hit by the alien or when he jumps on your vehicle. The vehicles will also feature sirens for the heck of it. there will be a few video seens on screens that show other space rangers trying to capture the creature. This will be the scariest ride in Disney History.
Now the problems I need your help with are
  • would there be too many similar rides in one area?
  • should the SCHQ be located ontop of space ranger spin?
  • Shoud the Sticth just take up Buzz's place?
  • Should astro blasters be moved to Star Command HQ?
  • Should Alien Encouter be scraped?
  • Should buzz and stich share the star command buliding while AE takes up buzz's old spot?
Feel free to give some suggestions and input. I plan on being an imagineer when i grow up......Yes im a kid with high intelect.....anyway i wanna build a portfolio of ideas to show when im at a possible job inteview...Crittisizm Welcome!
thanks

FigmentJedi

I've been thinking of a Flying Saucers remake concept using a rather obscure character within the Mickey comics as a host: Eega Beeva.

Origin's shifted around from either being an alien or (the original and I think current backstory) a hyperevolved human from a future where everyone has Mickey-like proportions.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
um i dont know about the saucers but were do you think it would be put? i wanna save that space behind msusa for a future expantion. and how would the saucers represent that youre mickey-proportioned

FigmentJedi

MOre of a character hosted thing, with Beeva showing us future tech. And I was thinking of the old Galaxy Palace space for it, unless if that was already covered in your plans.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
oh. well if thats the case, i think that all the realistic future things would go to Epcot. I also want a reason to bring Von Drake into the parks-Epcot mainly. as for where the galaxy place theater used to be, it shoulb be left blank so when tomorrow land expands into the area behind msusa, its easily accessible.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
Im starting to think that a space coliseum would be cool.. it would be like Medeivel Times but that would probably take up a lot of space and time. But that would also be where the stage of tomorowland would be...

and the astrobitor could alternate between HKDLs ufos and rockets.

I still dont know where to put lightcycles......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom