FYI-Tickets

Lauriebar

Hey all!!

Just wanted to share an experience I had on our October trip...

Usually, I book a package for our WDW vacation but, this time I found it would be less expensive to book hotel seperately and buy our four day Park Hoppers online in advance.

Well, since I am so used to just picking up our room keys with the Park Hoppers on them at check in at the resort, I TOTALLY FORGOT to pack my already purchased PH's and off we went on our 12 hour drive to Orlando. I didn't even realize it until we hit Florida. Needless to say I was frantic, I didn't think that there was any chance anything could be done except for us to buy new PH's when we got to the resort. Did I mention that I had also purchased MNSSHP tix early as well and forgot them too?:hammer:

Once we arrived at the Polynesian, I was totally prepared to buy new tix and was praying that MNSSHP was not sold out. The CM who was checking me in could tell that I was extremely upset and asked what the matter was. Well I just started blubbering, telling her what I had done and how stupid I was. She told me to calm down and that she would do whatever she could to help me. She asked where I had purchased the tix and I told her, on the WDW website. She then smiled and said that if that was the case then she was sure that she could help us. She called ticketing and explained the situation to them and arranged for us to be able to pick up replacement tickets at park guest relations the next morning!! I was beside myself to say the least!!

The moral of the story is that if you don't purchase your tixs from WDW, and you forget them then chances are they won't be able to help you if you are a dumbhead like me and forget or lose your tix!!

wannabeBelle

rosebud's mom said:
I've actually had nightmares like that ever since I bought my AP ! :lol:
Never fear on that score!!! I have forgotten my AP and they cheerfully replaced it with proof of identity. They did ask me a few questions just to make sure I was who I said I was for security of course, but no problems on replacing this type of ticket either!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Here's a VERY important word of advice for those of you buying Park Hoppers. Making a photocopy of the BACK (the striped side) of the ticket will get you out of huge jams, even if you don't purchase your ticket from WDW. Having this can be used as evidence that you had the ticket, and give WDW the info they need to pull them up in the system. Without a copy, you basically screwed, because they can't simply take you on your word alone. :)

Upvote 0

Woody13

Main Street USA said:
Here's a VERY important word of advice for those of you buying Park Hoppers. Making a photocopy of the BACK (the striped side) of the ticket will get you out of huge jams, even if you don't purchase your ticket from WDW. Having this can be used as evidence that you had the ticket, and give WDW the info they need to pull them up in the system. Without a copy, you basically screwed, because they can't simply take you on your word alone. :)
I will expand just a bit on the sage advice given by Main Street USA concerning Park Hoppers. Before you leave home, there are two things you need to do to expedite later recovery of a lost ticket:

1. When the tickets arrive, photocopy the back of the tickets immediately. This will show the serial number and other information Guest Relations will need to know if you lose one. Be sure to pack this copy separately from your passes.

2. Keep your receipt. This will make replacement much easier. Photocopy your receipt as well, and pack the copy separately from the original.

If the worst should happen and you lose a pass, compare the serial numbers of your remaining passes to those on the photocopy to determine which ticket is missing. Take your photocopy and your receipt (copy or original) to the nearest Guest Relations office, where they will replace the lost ticket.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

Original Poster
I was also told that if they could not replace them for me because I hadn't bought them from WDW directly that, when I got home I could send the tickets that I left at home back for a refund. But of course that only helps if you leave the tix at home not if you lose them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom