Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

EpcotServo

Some photos from today along with a great video have been added to our live coverage thread here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=2515690&posted=1#post2515690. Thank Matpez for his quick uploads... The memories are already flowing through my mind!
Looks like you guys had a great time! Can't wait for tomorrow...
:D

Hey, what's the times and deal for the Marty Sklar talks? Is there anything we have to do or something to get in? Or is it just a show-up-and-get-in thing?

jedimaster1227

Looks like you guys had a great time! Can't wait for tomorrow...
:D

Hey, what's the times and deal for the Marty Sklar talks? Is there anything we have to do or something to get in? Or is it just a show-up-and-get-in thing?

If you are signed up for the dessert party, we will give you tickets for one of tomorrow's sessions. If you are not attending the dessert party, you are basically on your own. Only passholders and cast members can get into these sessions if you aren't in our party. I don't have any further details about the overall event other than how our group's sessions will be handled.

CaptainMichael

If you are signed up for the dessert party, we will give you tickets for one of tomorrow's sessions. If you are not attending the dessert party, you are basically on your own. Only passholders and cast members can get into these sessions if you aren't in our party. I don't have any further details about the overall event other than how our group's sessions will be handled.

I thought there were some for the public in the CoL theater. It's listed in tomorrow's Times Guide.:shrug:

EpcotServo

Ok, that's good they didn't have a sign-up thing. I'm a Passholder so I'm not worried about getting anymore.

Ok, time for sleep! See everybody tomorrow!
:wave:

spectrodanny

since I was not able to be there w/ all of you today at 10:01 (my time) I watched the opening of Epcot Center 25 years ago. There were times I wanted to cry knowing how much fun you all were having but meraculously I held back. IDK HOW i did i just did. LONG LIVE EPCOT CENTER!

AKQJ10

I know I don't get on here very often, and posted something similar on some of the other C25 threads, but I really wanted to take a second and give my sincere thanks and appreciation to Adam, Jenn and Jason for their incredible efforts with Celebration 25.

It was truly an historic event that has never been done before, and likely will never be repeated again. Your efforts represent the true meaning of community, and evidence the fact that Epcot and WDW means such a great deal to so many of us.

The events over the two days, and everything that led up to them proved to create for me (and I think many others here), one of the most memorable trips I have ever taken. Everything went perfectly, from registration until the last firework shot into the night sky.

The passion that we all share for Epcot was seen throughout both days, in the smiles on our faces as special guests joined our group, to the tears that streamed down the faces of so many as classic Epcot melodies played at the end of the evening on October 1.

Again, I applaud your amazing efforts, and on behalf of EVERY Guest that visited and enjoyed EPCOT Center on October 1, we say...

THANK YOU!!

imamouse

I would like to echo your remarks, Lou, and include you in the list of those to be thanked and praised.

It truly was a remarkable event, and the bright yellow lanyards that you so generously donated made it easy to identify our group.

I wish I could have attended more than one history walk, as John did an outstanding job.

Thank you Adam, Jenn, Jason, Jeff, and Lou for hosting so many fans at such a wonderful event!

EPCOT.nut

I know I don't get on here very often, and posted something similar on some of the other C25 threads, but I really wanted to take a second and give my sincere thanks and appreciation to Adam, Jenn and Jason for their incredible efforts with Celebration 25.

It was truly an historic event that has never been done before, and likely will never be repeated again. Your efforts represent the true meaning of community, and evidence the fact that Epcot and WDW means such a great deal to so many of us.

The events over the two days, and everything that led up to them proved to create for me (and I think many others here), one of the most memorable trips I have ever taken. Everything went perfectly, from registration until the last firework shot into the night sky.

The passion that we all share for Epcot was seen throughout both days, in the smiles on our faces as special guests joined our group, to the tears that streamed down the faces of so many as classic Epcot melodies played at the end of the evening on October 1.

Again, I applaud your amazing efforts, and on behalf of EVERY Guest that visited and enjoyed EPCOT Center on October 1, we say...

THANK YOU!!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Everyone in our groups was WONDERFUL. And yes, thank you for the lanyards. I will wear mine every time we go to WDW.

EPCOT Explorer

:animwink:

It's OK - I am a local (within a few hours distance) and I can't go until Sunday AM. I leave my house Sunday at 4:30am, pick up my sister at 5am and hopefully get to EPCOT at 7:30am. We are staying the night at POP. I am so excited to be getting together with all of you. I just can't wait!

See you all Sunday! :wave:

Thanks for your offer!

Quicktime just displays an error that says the file is not a movie file.

littlemom_3

I would also like to say thanks for the yellow lanyards which made it so easy to identify each other while in the parks. It was a wonderful event. Thanks again to those who made it happen.

brkgnews

I'm in my hip waders right now trying to make it through the 33-some-odd pages of the other threads, so I'll just post here...
- It was awesome to meet everyone whom I've chatted with all these years!
- Dinner Sunday night was awesome! My Mexico crew knows who they are!
- Sunday was like hitting the Disney lottery, running into Charlie Ridgway, Marty Sklar, and Dave Smith (along with Alex Wright later on).
- To the three people who didn't get to hear my historical rant (no, not the 1939 Trylon/Perisphere rant -- the other one), it was appropriate that we dang-near drowned on opening night, since the dedication ceremony (the very very very beginning of the Danny Kaye special) was full of deluging rain too!
- Without a doubt, and without exaggeration, this has been the best trip I have EVER had to a Disney park. And it was all about the PEOPLE involved.

Much EPCOT love to you all!

AKQJ10

On this week's WDW Radio Show (wdwradio.com), I do a full recap of the event and have exclusive interviews with Adam, Jenn, Jason, as well as Disney Legends Marty Sklar, Dave Smith and Charles Ridgway, as well as Epcot’s Vice President Jim MacPhee, and Michael and Lowell, two of Disney’s official Ambassadors. Other guests will include a former Disney Imagineer who helped build EPCOT Center and a number of other authors, podcasters and fans who felt it was important to be present on this historic day.

Visit the Show Notes page for a link to my Celebration 25 and Epcot's 25th photo gallery, and where you can download an unedited MP3 of the entire rededication ceremony.

nibblesandbits

On this week's WDW Radio Show (wdwradio.com), I do a full recap of the event and have exclusive interviews with Adam, Jenn, Jason, as well as Disney Legends Marty Sklar, Dave Smith and Charles Ridgway, as well as Epcot’s Vice President Jim MacPhee, and Michael and Lowell, two of Disney’s official Ambassadors. Other guests will include a former Disney Imagineer who helped build EPCOT Center and a number of other authors, podcasters and fans who felt it was important to be present on this historic day.

Visit the Show Notes page for a link to my Celebration 25 and Epcot's 25th photo gallery, and where you can download an unedited MP3 of the entire rededication ceremony.
Thanks Lou! Can't wait to listen! Is this show gonna be like 5 hours? :lookaroun

AKQJ10

Well... I must admit that this is my longest show ever. Yes, Jeff and I really took time trying to convey what the day and events meant as a whole, and then there are the interviews and audio clips, etc. And I know this one is long (and that I'll get some good0natured ribbing for it), but I can't tell you how much I had to edit down and remove! So much going on and SO many wonderful people who were there!

nibblesandbits

Well... I must admit that this is my longest show ever. Yes, Jeff and I really took time trying to convey what the day and events meant as a whole, and then there are the interviews and audio clips, etc. And I know this one is long (and that I'll get some good0natured ribbing for it), but I can't tell you how much I had to edit down and remove! So much going on and SO many wonderful people who were there!
:lol:

Good, I like them long! :D

jedimaster1227

I know I'm gunna be listening to this on the bus tomorrow! :animwink: Thanks again Lou, for everything! (By the way, if you don't mind, I would like to call you tomorrow to ask some advice about a recent "situation" that has arisen with my site...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom