Frozen

AllyInWonderland

I saw this on Pinterest. I doubt this is true. I hope Elsa doesn't get anybody, because I want her to be independent.
image.jpg

AndyLL

Congrats to Frozen for passing 400 million domestic today.

Nobody could have predicted that.

The only thing that stopped Frozens box office run was Frozen itself ( the DVD release )

It also is continuing its amazing run in Japan... it has a reasonable shot of becoming top 10 of all time.

BigTxEars

Congrats to Frozen for passing 400 million domestic today.

Nobody could have predicted that.

The only thing that stopped Frozens box office run was Frozen itself ( the DVD release )

It also is continuing its amazing run in Japan... it has a reasonable shot of becoming top 10 of all time.

No doubt it's run and impact has been amazing. Somebody made the right call on this one :)

Animaniac93-98

"Frozen continued its fantastic run in Japan, where it added $11.1 million in its eighth weekend in theaters. Remarkably, that's the movie's top weekend so far there. To date, it has grossed $143.2 million in Japan, and should continue to put up strong numbers for weeks to come. On a worldwide basis it reached $1.17 billion, and is now around $46 million away from topping Iron Man 3."

Box Office Mojo

Sped2424

Original Poster

Life's too short actual outtake/deleted scene from wdas. This was given out during a lecture. To think they have amazing extra's and they managed to leave a good chunk of them out of the actual "collectors" edition of the film is just appalling. Since this film was changed mid schedule that must mean they have a slew more scenes like this with performances by Kristen belle and idina menzel.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I can see why they cut it. It's a cute segment, but it changes the tone of the film considerably.
I don't know, I am torn whether I like this or for the first time in forever reprise. As a song I love for the first time in forever far more than life's too short, but I do like the confrontation here adds some real tension to the resentment probably held on both sides of the sisters. But you make a good point because this scene leaves the question why would elsa let anna go if she had known she had frozen her heart? Which is something they managed to fix in for the first time in forever. But cute isn't what I would call this. still my main issue is if there is great behind the scenes content like this, why the hell isn't it on the collectors edition of the dvd. That frozen "ultimate" edition I keep reading about better happen.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Life's too short actual outtake/deleted scene from wdas. This was given out during a lecture. To think they have amazing extra's and they managed to leave a good chunk of them out of the actual "collectors" edition of the film is just appalling. Since this film was changed mid schedule that must mean they have a slew more scenes like this with performances by Kristen belle and idina menzel.

This is just bad. I can see why it ended up on the cutting room floor (be it script or development).

SpectroMan93

I don't know, I am torn whether I like this or for the first time in forever reprise. As a song I love for the first time in forever far more than life's too short, but I do like the confrontation here adds some real tension to the resentment probably held on both sides of the sisters. But you make a good point because this scene leaves the question why would elsa let anna go if she had known she had frozen her heart? Which is something they managed to fix in for the first time in forever. But cute isn't what I would call this. still my main issue is if there is great behind the scenes content like this, why the hell isn't it on the collectors edition of the dvd. That frozen "ultimate" edition I keep reading about better happen.
I like the tension in this scene, but I prefer For The First Time In Forever Reprise in it's musicality, staging, and emotional climax at the end. It all comes together perfectly. Plus, their confrontation scene in the ballroom earlier already allowed Anna to express her anger toward Elsa. The point of her coming after Elsa is because she finally understands what she's been going through, which allows her to let go of that resentment. And Elsa could never be mad at Anna. She is traumatized by what she did to Anna in the past, so she punishes herself because of it. All of the decisions she makes are to protect Anna, not to spite her. Which is why it there's no need for them to be angry at each other here. Both are trying to do what's best for the other, maybe not in the best way, but the only ways they know how.

Matt_Black

I like the tension in this scene, but I prefer For The First Time In Forever Reprise in it's musicality, staging, and emotional climax at the end. It all comes together perfectly. Plus, their confrontation scene in the ballroom earlier already allowed Anna to express her anger toward Elsa. The point of her coming after Elsa is because she finally understands what she's been going through, which allows her to let go of that resentment. And Elsa could never be mad at Anna. She is traumatized by what she did to Anna in the past, so she punishes herself because of it. All of the decisions she makes are to protect Anna, not to spite her. Which is why it there's no need for them to be angry at each other here. Both are trying to do what's best for the other, maybe not in the best way, but the only ways they know how.

On the other hand, siblings fight about stupid crap all the time, so this song makes sense in that regard. As noted, they already had the one fight, so this is a bit unnecessary. Olaf shaking his butt was funny though.

Bairstow

I can see why they cut it. It's a cute segment, but it changes the tone of the film considerably.

For the better.

"Life's Too Short" is a lame song but it would have fixed the plot of the movie.
In the finished film, the conflict of the sisters is resolved as soon as they meet back up at Elsa's Dr. Manhattan palace; the only reason there's any discord at all between them leading up to the climax is a stupid misunderstanding, not an actual conflict of ideas. Also, this Elsa isn't so much a character (because she has no real character arc) as she is a plot device. "Life's Too Short" doesn't fix that, but it does help a little.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Well like I said there is a real issue here, clearly they got the deleted scenes and bonus features to make an excellent dvd and instead they gave us a musical number that lead to nothing on the dvd. So this leaking out just seems like a giant middle finger to the fans lol

Matt_Black

And now, crazy internet fan theory time- Hans wasn't actually evil, he was brainwashed by the trolls so Anna would hook up with Kristoff! While insane, it actually kind of makes sense.

Hobnail Boot

I saw the film finally and really enjoyed it. It didn't feel like a classic, but I think within a few years I will feel differently.

Now for an off-the-wall question, does anyone know where I can find images of Arrendelle? I need the actual town around the castle. I'm making a Frozen ride in RollerCoaster Tycoon and need some pictures for the facade. Google has been no help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom