Frozen Summer Fun 2015

bunnyman

Plus, two show stops each time.

Olaf will be making appearance on the Event Stage throughout the day.

• Olaf’s Summer Cool Down – Several times each day, the Ambassador of Hollywoodland brings Olaf and some of his friends to the Event Stage to have a little fun with everyone “In Summer.” And as temperatures heat up, Olaf happily shares a burst from his personal snow cloud to cool things off.

Noticed several times in the announcement that they used the word "Hollywoodland"...any significance with the pending park name change?

SirLink

"Big Hero 6" will get no representation in the parks whatsoever because AUDIENCES don't care about Disney's non-Frozen films.

The Frozen bashing around here is completely baffling to me. It's like Disney somehow forced Frozen to be wildly and undeniably popular against the will of the people, who secretly hate it but for some reason continue to eat up movie tickets and blurays and merchandise like candy. Wrong. Disney offering Frozen attractions, merchandise, and special events is exactly what Disney SHOULD be doing: giving the people what they want.

Cause: People love Frozen
Effect: Disney unveils tons of Frozen crap

Lots of people here have that cause-and-effect relationship exactly backwards.

Frozen bashing? Really? No way perhaps its being forced down theme park fans collective throats for one. Sell the merchandise to the parents of the kids who will never go to theme parks in Asda/Walmart/Target/Tesco and keep that crap out of the parks.

Now what Disney should be doing with the theme parks is creating events not based on IP they could create a Hollywood's Golden Summer and create an event based on the Streetmosphere characters in the front of the park, bring the Golden Mickeys show and place it in the AI building. You know why they wont - Disney is creatively bankrupt and they would rather be risk averse and cheap.

Brer Panther

Question. They got rid of the hat because it blocked the view of the Chinese Theater.
And now, in its place, they're putting in a stage that will presumably ALSO block the view of the Chinese Theater.
Kind of defeats the purpose of getting rid of the hat in the first place, doesn't it?

note2001

Question. They got rid of the hat because it blocked the view of the Chinese Theater.
And now, in its place, they're putting in a stage that will presumably ALSO block the view of the Chinese Theater.
Kind of defeats the purpose of getting rid of the hat in the first place, doesn't it?

We don't know what they have planned for the stage. It could turn out to be a beautiful short-stanced platform with lighting that is put off to the side and/or telescoping. There might be palms on both sides of the stage, and fountains... OK, so that last part is improbable. ;) I believe the new stage area will be better than either the giant BAH or the erector set of a stage that was in front of it. If not, I'll eat my ... err... hat.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Last summer there was a stage blocking the view of the hat, blocking the view of the Chinese Theatre. At least this year it will just be a stage, with the Chinese a Theatre behind it.

Bocabear

I actually don't see anything wrong with Frozen summer fun. Does nothing but add rather than take away like what's happening in norway.
That's a whole other discussion about what's happening in Norway...lol
Frozen Summer Fun part 2 seems kinda Meh to me... Guess it is nice to have some little special thing...especially in a park with so few actual attractions...

Kman101

Not criticizing anyone who buys that package, but lol, it went up $10? Is it less than what was offered before? I guess many families can find the benefit in that package.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Not criticizing anyone who buys that package, but lol, it went up $10? Is it less than what was offered before? I guess many families can find the benefit in that package.
Such a symbiotic relationship between Disney and the fans who salivate over these packages. You cant destroy one without harming the other.

Frozen fun days are not the worst thing ever and at least there is something extra at DHS, but whats funny is that when it debuted last year and people found the offerings a bit cheap and rag tag, it was pointed out how it was thrown together last minute. Well, after a year to plan the next one it doesnt seem they have really attempted to outdo themselves, except for raising the price.

The cost of flour, sugar and icing must be skyrocketing in Florida because every Disney upcharge event that serves cupcakes is more expensive now. Its ok though, Mr. Slater used the words "enhancement" and "immersive" in the press release so its obviously gonna be AMAZING!

Kman101

Exactly. I guess they could plus the sing-along (it's not totally awful but IMO it should be much more than watching the video sing along on-screen with a random burst of a character appearance ... the historians are great), but it looks like not much different. Probably less will be offered overall. Shame people continue to shill out money for less. I mean, why would anyone pay nearly $100 for a day at DHS when they've TAKEN AWAY things that were there when the price was lower? Why do more people not have an issue with this?

note2001

Exactly. I guess they could plus the sing-along (it's not totally awful but IMO it should be much more than watching the video sing along on-screen with a random burst of a character appearance ... the historians are great), but it looks like not much different. Probably less will be offered overall. Shame people continue to shill out money for less. I mean, why would anyone pay nearly $100 for a day at DHS when they've TAKEN AWAY things that were there when the price was lower? Why do more people not have an issue with this?
Have you seen the number of people who post on each Disney blog and FB post, all of which simply exclaim "I'll be there in XX days! Can't wait!" All of whom are totally disregarding the topic? Those are the same folk who have no idea of value. Even someone in my own family who deals with finances and is a stickler for saving has been known to fall into this group. Their attitude: it's a Disney vacation therefore I don't care about the cost and even a backed up Disney bathroom would be magical. The pain of listening to this attitude sort of ruins the magic for me a little as I think about the things I've read ... until I have a couple drinks at the pool and realize it's all their money, and if they get a kick out of thinking this way, so be it. ;)

Last edited:

asianway

Such a symbiotic relationship between Disney and the fans who salivate over these packages. You cant destroy one without harming the other.

Frozen fun days are not the worst thing ever and at least there is something extra at DHS, but whats funny is that when it debuted last year and people found the offerings a bit cheap and rag tag, it was pointed out how it was thrown together last minute. Well, after a year to plan the next one it doesnt seem they have really attempted to outdo themselves, except for raising the price.

The cost of flour, sugar and icing must be skyrocketing in Florida because every Disney upcharge event that serves cupcakes is more expensive now. Its ok though, Mr. Slater used the words "enhancement" and "immersive" in the press release so its obviously gonna be AMAZING!
Desserts are the absolute cheapest food item there is when prepared in bulk.

Disneyland had a blogger press event yesterday where they talked about 60th cupcakes for a couple hours

Kman101

Have you seen the number of people who post on each Disney blog and FB post, all of which simply exclaim "I'll be there in XX days! Can't wait!" All of whom are totally disregarding the topic? Those are the same folk who have no idea of value. Even someone in my own family who deals with finances and is a stickler for saving has been known to fall into this group. Their attitude: it's a Disney vacation therefore I don't care about the cost and even a backed up Disney bathroom would be magical. The pain of listening to this attitude sort of ruins the magic for me a little as I think about the things I've read ... until I have a couple drinks at the pool and realize it's all their money, and if they get a kick out of thinking this way, so be it. ;)

Yep. It's sad but I guess to each their own and I can't fault Disney for capitalizing on it. I mean, I can ... but a part of me can't blame them for taking advantage of their consumer. They must be so gleeful that they can charge just about anything, take away offerings and the consumers just eat it up. I wish I had the money to travel to the other Disney parks. I'm so itching to get back to California and Disneyland. Not to mention getting to Tokyo, Hong Kong and Paris ... Anyway .... back to the topic at hand.

I have zero issues with their summer fun of Frozen. It's nice they're offering something. It just says a lot that they can basically throw together something and the majority eats it up like the best thing ever.

mm52200

I know the event doesn't start for another month, but I was wondering if there had been any talk to what the processional schedule would be since they're doing it twice a day now. Also on July 4, do you think DHS will do it's July 4 fireworks show in place of the Frozen Fireworks, both shows, or just the Frozen fireworks?

cjk0318

Original Poster
I know the event doesn't start for another month, but I was wondering if there had been any talk to what the processional schedule would be since they're doing it twice a day now. Also on July 4, do you think DHS will do it's July 4 fireworks show in place of the Frozen Fireworks, both shows, or just the Frozen fireworks?
No 4th of July fireworks, the last time Disney's Hollywood Studios did theirs was 2013. Only the Magic Kingdom has a dedicated July fourth presentation shown on the third AND the fourth, and Epcot has a special "Hearbeat of Freedom" fireworks tag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom