Frozen Souvenirs @ WDW...are they plentiful?

mattdenine

Wow I was expecting to be tripping over Frozen merchandise but I guess that's not the case. My DD want's a stuffed Olaf and they don't seem to be available in Canada so we planed on getting her one on property.

AndyS2992

Just got back from my nearest Disney Store and brought home this little guy :D

image.jpg

He's supposed to be the 'small' one but he's pretty big, and very soft. Expensive though lol

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
The Philadelphia Inquirer had an article last week about the Frozen merchandise craze. It mentioned Elsa dresses going for $1500 on EBay! The article also explained that manufacturing in China from where all of the merchandise comes was closed for a few weeks due to religious reasons. A flood of merchandise from China is expected to start arriving again in May. My DDs would love a small stuffed Olaf and I definitely would like a Frozen Christmas ornament. It is a shame the merchandise won't be available until after Easter; it would be perfect for baskets.

I did hear that about those dresses! I feel sorry for the kids that really want it and can't get it. Brings me back to the days of Cabbage Patch Kids in the 80's! I remember being jealous of the little girl on my bus who was the first to have one.

TinkandCrew

Original Poster

He's supposed to be the 'small' one but he's pretty big, and very soft. Expensive though lol
Oh my goodness!!!!!! I want him! I want him! If I'm being honest....I think I want him as much if not more than my lil 4yo does! :oops: :happy:

He is adorable! I'm telling you....my Disney Store has nothing, nada, zip! Oh Olaf......

ImagineerDude

A few Olaf plush dolls were at the Disney Store in Indianapolis about a month ago. There were also a few baby Anna dolls. The lady working told us that tons of people were waiting for a new shipment of Frozen merch at the end of April or May?

**I also saw those giant Olafs in JC Penny's, Sears, and maybe Macy's...

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
A few Olaf plush dolls were at the Disney Store in Indianapolis about a month ago. There were also a few baby Anna dolls. The lady working told us that tons of people were waiting for a new shipment of Frozen merch at the end of April or May?

**I also saw those giant Olafs in JC Penny's, Sears, and maybe Macy's...

If I lived in a mansion, I swear I would buy it. I'm a snowman collector, so it would be a no brainer for me. When I walked up and wrapped his floppy stick arms around me, my husband just looked at me and shook his head. :hilarious:

Btw, it looks like we will be vacationing at the same time! We are 4/30 to 5/7! Look for me....I'll be the one saying "has anyone seen a plush Olaf?????!!!??????" :D

TinkandCrew

Original Poster

So....I was talking to your Olaf this morning and he said his deepest wish is to be packed in a box, put on an airplane and sent to my house. I tried talking him out of it and told him he has a really great home there with you, but since he isn't the brightest....he wouldn't listen and take no for an answer. :joyfull:

MarkTwain

Frozen stuff is soooo hard to come by, whether it be at the parks, Disney Store, Target/Walmart, etc. The only things I ever find in stock anywhere are Anna related - no one wants her stuff, just Elsa. :p

I find that really interesting (and true). I would have thought Anna would have been the more relatable character for the young girls demographic.

cw1982

I find that really interesting (and true). I would have thought Anna would have been the more relatable character for the young girls demographic.

But Elsa's the one with the magic powers... and arguably prettier, at least after she transforms on the mountain. Maybe not physically prettier, but the way her appearance changes at that point definitely emphasizes her mystical nature and makes her seem cooler (pardon the pun).

tl77

Could anyone confirm if these are in fact the park authentic Anna and Elsa dresses? I really like the Anna one.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

The Elsa dress looks like the Park/Disney Store version of the dress that's been selling on eBay for crazy money, and I've never seen this Anna dress before but it looks too good to be an imitation, plus they both have the small picture/emblems of the princesses on the neck and that's the sign I know of that they are official Disney licensed products

HouCuseChickie

The Elsa dress looks like the Park/Disney Store version of the dress that's been selling on eBay for crazy money, and I've never seen this Anna dress, but they both have the small picture/emblems of the princesses on the neck and that's the sign I know of that they are official Disney licensed products

I was just wondering since the park dresses are usually different from the Disney Store dresses. I found them on ebay, but the prices didn't seem off from what they'd charge in the parks. i.e. that Anna dress was selling for $60, which would be right on pace for a Disney parks dress.

tl77

I was just wondering since the park dresses are usually different from the Disney Store dresses. I found them on ebay, but the prices didn't seem off from what they'd charge in the parks. i.e. that Anna dress was selling for $60, which would be right on pace for a Disney parks dress.

Ok I think you're right these are "Parks" dresses, and the Anna dress is one she wears in the new Festival of Fantasy Parade in WDW, and is also sold in Epcot as well which is were this photo apparently was taken

41f5d00b064fb3638e32620ed5ed6968.jpg

Plus there are 2 different Disney store versions of the dress for Both Anna and Elsa, and 2 more variations of each sold in Kmart, Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us, and 2 variations of each sold in the UK...

So there are at least 7 versions of Elsa's dress and 7 different Anna dresses, all of which official Disney licensed with the plastic picture emblem on them, and there are few unofficial ones for sale as well

Lisalyn

Town Center Mall Kennesaw, GA - just got back from our Disney Store. They actually had about 30 of the FROZEN little figurine sets that come inside the little clear plastic bubble thing, about 20 singing OLAF's (OMG to die for but I'm not paying $29.95 - I'll wait till it comes down), an odd assortment of towels and little girl Anna and Elsa t'shirts. However the CM informed me don't blink - they'll be gone in an instant! This is the first "real" merchandise I've seen after stalking our store about 3 months now.

StarWarsGirl

We leave on April 30th and I will be in Epcot on May 1st! We shall see.....may the force be with me!!!! ;)
If all you are looking for is a Plush, you shouldn't have too much trouble. Look wherever they sell plush toys, Main Street, Mousegear in Epcot, Norway...just anywhere you see plush, look.

If you run out of luck, there is this one from disneystore.com
http://www.disneystore.com/disney/s...talogFromSearch=10002&storeId=10051&N=1000267
There's also this one from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Frozen...TF8&qid=1397934261&sr=8-2&keywords=Olaf+Plush

I do recall seeing them in January, so just keep looking everywhere when you go

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom