Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haymarket2008

And I shudder to think that "Universal" screens will be their plan of attack. I pray to Mickey Mouse that they put incredible AA's in there to knock my socks off.

Sped2424

Riding Maelstrom many times on my last trip brought me to an unsettling conclusion: there simply is no space to house a ride or the crowds that a Frozen ride demands. There are only, maybe, 6 spaces for show scenes currently in Maelstrom. The ride as it stands now includes show scenes connected by incredibly narrow corridors. If and when a Frozen ride is announced I will be fascinated to hear how they manage this major obstacle. Just one more shred of evidence toward this terrible idea.
The logic is that the theater shall become the new queue area for the ride. Still that doesn't warrent the lines that will be there for this ride.

HatboxGhost

I have yet to see Frozen however I do eventually want to as my wife has said it was good.
My problem is that its the flavor of the month. As huge as it is now, in a couple of years it wont be and kids and adults will be on to something new. Things don't have the longevity like they use to.
If the plan is to keep the Frozen overlay ONLY for a year or two then return the Maelstrom to the way it was then I am cool(no pun intended} with that plan.

Sped2424

I have yet to see Frozen however I do eventually want to as my wife has said it was good.
My problem is that its the flavor of the month. As huge as it is now, in a couple of years it wont be and kids and adults will be on to something new. Things don't have the longevity like they use to.
If the plan is to keep the Frozen overlay ONLY for a year or two then return the Maelstrom to the way it was then I am cool(no pun intended} with that plan.
flavor of the month? Did you mean months to almost a year? The film did come out in november of 2013. Again to everyone saying this movie won't have longevity I can't help but disagree, all evidence points to that it's not going anywhere no matter how much some people want it to. Sure it won't be as in your face, but like it or not the film is going to be apart of the company's legacy and it's future endeavors indefinitely. Also if anything longevity is even more so than it is now than it was in the past, constant reboots, or spin offs, etc etc. Hollywood blockbusters are starting to turn from new stories to remakes and reboots of films from the past.

Matt_Black

Movies have a bit of a longer shelf life than other pop culture properties. Beauty & The Beast, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and The Lion King are all well-represented throughout the parks, and those are all twenty years old.

HatboxGhost

Movies have a bit of a longer shelf life than other pop culture properties. Beauty & The Beast, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and The Lion King are all well-represented throughout the parks, and those are all twenty years old.
I am most likely getting old but imo classics like the ones you mentioned just don't get made anymore. Again, its probably my age, but imo there hasn't been a "classic" film in a long time. Maybe and I say maybe, Frozen will be a new classic.

Last edited:

HatboxGhost

flavor of the month? Did you mean months to almost a year? The film did come out in november of 2013. Again to everyone saying this movie won't have longevity I can't help but disagree, all evidence points to that it's not going anywhere no matter how much some people want it to. Sure it won't be as in your face, but like it or not the film is going to be apart of the company's legacy and it's future endeavors indefinitely. Also if anything longevity is even more so than it is now than it was in the past, constant reboots, or spin offs, etc etc. Hollywood blockbusters are starting to turn from new stories to remakes and reboots of films from the past.
I am not sure but was it popular right when it came out or did it only catch on in the past few months. I ask this because I am really not sure having not seen it yet. Also, was it the quality of the film itself or the catchy "Let it Go" song that lured people to the film after its theatrical release?

Matt_Black

I am most likely getting old but imo classics like the ones you mentioned just don't get made anymore. Again, its probably my age, but imo there hasn't been a "classic" film in a long time. Maybe and I say maybe, Frozen will be a new classic.

Well, for the post-Disney Renaissance, both Lilo & Stitch and Tangled seem to have the acclaim and staying power that those other films have.

I am not sure but was it popular right when it came out or did it only catch on in the past few months. I ask this because I am really not sure having not seen it yet. Also, was it the quality of the film itself or the catchy "Let it Go" song that lured people to the film after its theatrical release?

Here's a breakdown of how much it made each week of it's theatrical release.

Haymarket2008

The logic is that the theater shall become the new queue area for the ride. Still that doesn't warrent the lines that will be there for this ride.
And that will definitely help immensely, for sure. I think they really only have a shot at maintaining a slight percentage of the crazy crowds that will come by using the theatre. The actual ride itself...yikes. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train uses a significant queue line and a pretty large line for fast pass. How can poor Norway fit this Frozen beast in there?

misterID

Since i've been out of the loop, what's the word on the Ratatoullie ride in Paris going into France... Just a rumor? It seems like it would make sense seeing they're putting Frozen into WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom