Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceMountain77

If we are all truly honest, then we should really expect minimal change in the proposed 18-month timeline. The conversion of The Yankee Trader to a dedicated Haunted Mansion shop is operating on a 6-month timeline. I can certainly name other active projects, but if a gift shop conversion is scheduled for 6-months, what do you really expect from an 18-month attraction conversion?

Anna and Elsa AA's? Yes, those are being prepared in the same shop as the Donald, Jose and Panchito AA's.

EPCOTCenterLover

If we are all truly honest, then we should really expect minimal change in the proposed 18-month timeline. The conversion of The Yankee Trader to a dedicated Haunted Mansion shop is operating on a 6-month timeline. I can certainly name other active projects, but if a gift shop conversion is scheduled for 6-months, what do you really expect from an 18-month attraction conversion?

Anna and Elsa AA's? Yes, those are being prepared in the same shop as the Donald, Jose and Panchito AA's.
You mean and stored with the other figs from Mickey Mouse Revue? ;)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Would be surprised to see AA's. Look at The Seas and Caballero conversions. Rides converted to 99% screens. Really cheap and disappointing
I wouldn't call the Seas a cheap screen-only thing. There are physical props (including the Kuka fish and the shark that don't always work, but they do exist), and most of the "screens" were turning windows into transparent screens.

Three Caballeros, however...cheap execution indeed.

bhg469

Would be surprised to see AA's. Look at The Seas and Caballero conversions. Rides converted to 99% screens. Really cheap and disappointing
They've proven time and time again that they do not have to go top notch to have people buzzing about their new projects. They literally used cardboard on sticks and plywood for the frozen events at DHS and it was wildly successful. Disney doesn't cater to high brow clients anymore. They do as little as possible and still profit so why try harder?

afar28

I wouldn't call the Seas a cheap screen-only thing. There are physical props (including the Kuka fish and the shark that don't always work, but they do exist), and most of the "screens" were turning windows into transparent screens.

Three Caballeros, however...cheap execution indeed.
Guess you're right with the Nemo ride, just I feel they could've done something much better. The ride doesn't even properly follow the storyline.

SpaceMountain77

They've proven time and time again that they do not have to go top notch to have people buzzing about their new projects. They literally used cardboard on sticks and plywood for the frozen events at DHS and it was wildly successful. Disney doesn't cater to high brow clients anymore. They do as little as possible and still profit so why try harder?

Agreed.

We are currently at WDW and, after our trip, I would really like to write an observation post. Briefly, anecdotal evidence suggests that WDW is no longer catering to guests of higher genetic ability. Attractions aside, have you seen how challenging it is for guests to use and understand FP+? Right now, at Magic Kingdom, there is one cast member for every two podiums. We have ALWAYS waited behind someone who is unable to use an iPad. Moreover, it seems as though half of the guests that walk into the FP+ line at an attraction are turned away for either not having a valid reservation or arriving too early.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Guess you're right with the Nemo ride, just I feel they could've done something much better. The ride doesn't even properly follow the storyline.

I don't believe the ride is supposed to follow the plot of the movie. Nemo has gotten lost "again", so this is a "sequel" of sorts, not a retelling.

Cody5242

Oh boy, i'd be shocked if they didn't!
If I wanted to see video screens of the movie I would either:
A)Go see the singalong at HS
B)Watch the movie at home

Now if they make unique scenes just for the ride then that's a different story.
They will probably make elaborate sets and add screens

Haymarket2008

Yeah, as Tahu said, Tiempo was basically all screens to begin with. And I highly doubt that they would make an AA-less attraction for Frozen in Maelstrom. The space for show scenes in that ride are too big to not be used. Also there is quite a lot of space unused in Maelstrom that is occupied by curtains or black walls. That being said, I really don't want another reason to be upset with Disney. They take away Maelstrom, they BETTER deliver to make up for it.

afar28

Well they can't just can't have a boat ride with video screens playing scenes from the movie....Right......
Doubt they'd do that. They might have some content from the film, but they'd probably do some new animations for the ride. That's if they go down the screen route for the ride

afar28

El Rio Del Tiempo was always a 99% screen-ride. The only figures that weren't part of the Mary Blair-esque sequence were the static Aztec guy at the beginning and the scary puppet show at the end.
That's my bad then. Well hopefully they won't convert maelstrom to soemthing similar..

Matt_Black

Agreed.

We are currently at WDW and, after our trip, I would really like to write an observation post. Briefly, anecdotal evidence suggests that WDW is no longer catering to guests of higher genetic ability. Attractions aside, have you seen how challenging it is for guests to use and understand FP+? Right now, at Magic Kingdom, there is one cast member for every two podiums. We have ALWAYS waited behind someone who is unable to use an iPad. Moreover, it seems as though half of the guests that walk into the FP+ line at an attraction are turned away for either not having a valid reservation or arriving too early.

... Words fail me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom