Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocabear

Likewise I agree... they don't have to follow any particular storyline...I just thought it was funny someone said it had an "enchanting storyline"... I like the basic ideas of Maelstrom but it feels like they started to build a ride and ran out of money and abruptly ended it in the North Sea. I do wish it was expanded into a more complete experience...like 7 Dwarfs, it is just a little too brief...

Magenta Panther

I don't think of it as having a storyline, but I don't think rides have to have one. It's an experience ride, where you get a taste of the history and culture of Norway, not a linear narrative.

Personally, I love Maelstrom and I don't quite get the hate it gets here. I'd be happy to see it stay as is, with just refurbishment to keep it clean/fresh/operating well.

Yeah, I don't get the hate either. Must be coming from a particular type of mindset. Maybe if TDO put colorful tights and a cape on the polar bear...:rolleyes:

Magenta Panther

Likewise I agree... they don't have to follow any particular storyline...I just thought it was funny someone said it had an "enchanting storyline"... I like the basic ideas of Maelstrom but it feels like they started to build a ride and ran out of money and abruptly ended it in the North Sea. I do wish it was expanded into a more complete experience...like 7 Dwarfs, it is just a little too brief...

I think Maelstrom does have an eerie, otherworldly charm. From the moment you ascend into the darkness as Odin's Eye sweeps over you, to your exit into a quaint Nordic fishing village, you're def in another world. I think it accomplishes a great deal within its limitations. I agree it's too short, but after all, TDO doesn't like it when people are experiencing too much magic on a ride and not running around to gift shops spending money...

aw14

I think Maelstrom does have an eerie, otherworldly charm. From the moment you ascend into the darkness as Odin's Eye sweeps over you, to your exit into a quaint Nordic fishing village, you're def in another world. I think it accomplishes a great deal within its limitations. I agree it's too short, but after all, TDO doesn't like it when people are experiencing too much magic on a ride and not running around to gift shops spending money...
I couldnt agree more about the feel of the ride. It can be lame to some, but as someone who's lineage can be traced back to the Norse, I am always entranced by it. Would love to see some other updates with some historical accuracy. However, I think that is just the former history teacher in me.

In terms of the gift shops. I read this comment a lot here, and I am always astounded that it seems many think it is only the WDO that partake in this philosophy. These are business's after all. (not saying anything to you in particular, just a general statement)

Mawg

Oh I hope they re-make the ride to frozen soon, no one has ever made a sing a long ride have they? They should do this!!! Can't wait.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Cody5242

image.jpg
There's hope

doctornick

I know it doesn't fit but since it's happening and there's nothing anyone can do about it, I'm hoping for a great attraction

Agreed.

I'd also say that if they place the budget high enough, I'd be more open to a new Frozen attraction/mini-land in the open space next to Norway than replacing the existing stuff. Still a terrible fit, but would at least allow the country of Norway to have a proper presence.

Timekeeper

I'd also say that if they place the budget high enough, I'd be more open to a new Frozen attraction/mini-land in the open space next to Norway than replacing the existing stuff. Still a terrible fit, but would at least allow the country of Norway to have a proper presence.

Are you suggesting that this snowman does not properly represent a diverse country of over 5 million people?

6ce8a68a0ec1de967304babab9d0b781.jpg

:cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom