Frozen - Live at The Hyperion

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

Old Mouseketeer

Perhaps the initial three shows coroborate with only one cast being 'ready'. Hopefully it will shift to the ?5 that Alladin used to run.

That is correct, according to what I hear from my rebel spies. Specifically, people working on the show report that only one of three casts is on-stage. The other two have been in the rehearsal halls and will only start overnight rehearsals in the theater in a week or two. Tonight, the media preview show made it through without stops. I got this from a cast member who was in the audience. Wednesday night, the preview for Disney management and salaried cast had four stops in the show.

Aladdin typically had two casts per day. It's going to take some weeks before Frozen gets up to a full schedule. And possibly every show without stops. But everyone I have talked to says it is potentially pretty incredible. Shout-outs to tonight's Elsa, the Olaf puppet and performer, the trolls, Elsa's on-stage costume transformation, and the Staircase.

I'm burnt out on Frozen mania, even though I enjoyed the movie. But I'm looking forward to seeing this production. YMMV.

NB: No Bothans were harmed in acquiring these secret plans.

Emmanuel

Any video of the dress transformation?

I think we'll see footage of that after the shows are done today (or even on Instagram after each show). Fastpass for the first show are already gone. Reports are that the first show ran out in less than 30 minutes after park opening

Phroobar

Heard nothing but great things about the show's premiere last night. All Fastpasses were distributed within an hour of park opening, so if you want to see this one, it's a rope-dropper.
At least for a few weeks. If I just can't walk up five minutes before I'm not going to bother.

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
At least for a few weeks. If I just can't walk up five minutes before I'm not going to bother.

Do you really think there's a chance of that happening given that we are just a few weeks out from the busy summer season? Frozen and Soarin' are going to the be the hot tickets at DCA this year.

Disney Analyst

That is correct, according to what I hear from my rebel spies. Specifically, people working on the show report that only one of three casts is on-stage. The other two have been in the rehearsal halls and will only start overnight rehearsals in the theater in a week or two. Tonight, the media preview show made it through without stops. I got this from a cast member who was in the audience. Wednesday night, the preview for Disney management and salaried cast had four stops in the show.

Aladdin typically had two casts per day. It's going to take some weeks before Frozen gets up to a full schedule. And possibly every show without stops. But everyone I have talked to says it is potentially pretty incredible. Shout-outs to tonight's Elsa, the Olaf puppet and performer, the trolls, Elsa's on-stage costume transformation, and the Staircase.

I'm burnt out on Frozen mania, even though I enjoyed the movie. But I'm looking forward to seeing this production. YMMV.

NB: No Bothans were harmed in acquiring these secret plans.

My friend is in the show and has a very specific performance schedule, which leads me to believe there are definitely some cast already rotating. She hasn't been rehearsed on Elsa yet, but she will be soon. So she has another track to learn, but she has posted her performance dates online for the next few weeks.

As well, I've seen photos and video of two different Ana's and Elsa's.

Idoonu

I just skimmed through the entire show and I was very impressed. Very cool technology going into this production.

That said, I really can't figure out why there are so many dislikes/hate comments on the "highlights" clip from the ITM channel. Is it just nostalgia for the Aladdin show? Or are people just blinded by the "I hate frozen and everything associated with it" mentality?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom