Frozen - Live at The Hyperion

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

TP2000

The "only one cast ready" thing cannot be true. One cast cannot do 3 shows a day, 7 days a week. There has to be more than one whole cast ready to perform. The entire rotation of people may not be rehearsed up and ready to go, but it can't just be one cast.

I know absolutely nothing about the theater, after my brief stint on the stage was brought to an immediate close when I messed up my lines as Shepherd #2 in a fifth grade Christmas pageant. I had no idea that a stage show like this requires multiple casts, but I guess that makes sense.

Are you saying that theme park shows like Aladdin had three complete casts in rotation to get the show performing five or six times per day? That must cost a fortune!

Stevek

Exactly.

Ironically, one of the most commonly heard defenses of today's Disney theme park mis-management is a citation of something from Disneyland c.1955. It proves the point that management spent the first 30 years of Disney theme parks writing the book of how to do it right, and the last 30 years burning the book.
Is the insinuation that every guest should be able to experience every show, attraction or parade in a given day? Has never been that way, never will. It's not ideal that there are 3 shows but it could be a matter of getting their legs under them before expanding to perhaps 4 a day.

GiveMeTheMusic

I know absolutely nothing about the theater, after my brief stint on the stage was brought to an immediate close when I messed up my lines as Shepherd #2 in a fifth grade Christmas pageant. I had no idea that a stage show like this requires multiple casts, but I guess that makes sense.

Are you saying that theme park shows like Aladdin had three complete casts in rotation to get the show performing five or six times per day? That must cost a fortune!

Aladdin often had 2 people performing the principal roles each day, and AGVA performers get a whole 8 hours pay regardless of how much they actually work that day. These shows are very expensive.

On top of having multiple casts in the same day, you need subs and swings to fill holes when someone calls in sick or goes on vacation, plus full schedule coverage 7 days a week.

There are at least 8 women cast as Elsa, if not more. These shows are a much bigger undertaking than most realize.

TP2000

Aladdin often had 2 people performing the principal roles each day, and AGVA performers get a whole 8 hours pay regardless of how much they actually work that day. These shows are very expensive... These shows are a much bigger undertaking than most realize.

Wow. I can only imagine how expensive that must be, especially with the cost of labor today.

This better be a good show.

It's a minor miracle that these lavish shows even exist at all at Disneyland. And suddenly the much simpler, smaller and cheaper foamhead shows they do in overabundance at WDW and keep for decades at a time suddenly make more sense. How does TDA get away with it?

GiveMeTheMusic

Wow. I can only imagine how expensive that must be, especially with the cost of labor today.

This better be a good show.

It's a minor miracle that these lavish shows even exist at all at Disneyland. And suddenly the much simpler, smaller and cheaper foamhead shows they do in overabundance at WDW and keep for decades at a time suddenly make more sense. How does TDA get away with it?

Disneyland benefits from being down the freeway from the bigwigs and it's also just how things are done around here. Even shows in the mid to late 90's, like Pocahontas & Animazement, had big AGVA casts needed to keep them running. It's really a wonderful thing that right now we have two parks with lavish stage productions. Map is as lavish as that theater can stand without a total rebuild, and Hyperion is a Broadway-level venue that can hold high level productions, like Frozen.

Even with the recent cutbacks, there's never been so much entertainment at DLR.

Figments Friend

Yes indeed!

Which is why I come West when I want a quality 'Disney Theme Park' fix.
The live entertainment options are a big plus to me, and I do enjoy the staged productions.
There are live performers everywhere in the Park during the daytime....you turn a corner and either meet a random strolling character or come across a setting featuring live musicians.
It's great, and for me really adds a lot to the experience of visiting.

I'm not a big fan of 'Frozen' by any stretch of the word, but I am looking forward to seeing what they have up their sleeve for presenting this particular Show on stage.

-

Emmanuel

A "Re-Upload" of the Behind the Scenes video of the tech in the show was uploaded on the Resorts Facebook Page. What it shows in this video is the "Black Trax" tech thats going to be used on the costumes to project on to them.

This is the website of the company providing that tech:http://www.cast-soft.com/blacktrax

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 8.50.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 8.50.49 PM.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 64

TP2000

Even with the recent cutbacks, there's never been so much entertainment at DLR.

Yes, I've noticed.

Once Animal Kingdom finally gets their Rivers of Light show running, maybe this fall, WDW's four parks will finally have one (1) additional major entertainment offering (parade, fireworks, water show) than DLR's two parks have had for the past five years. I'm fascinated how WDW is spending all this money to add rides to DHS, but they keep running 1990's shows like Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Beauty & The Beast. For paying customers! :rolleyes:

GiveMeTheMusic

Yes, I've noticed.

Once Animal Kingdom finally gets their Rivers of Light show running, maybe this fall, WDW's four parks will finally have one (1) additional major entertainment offering (parade, fireworks, water show) than DLR's two parks have had for the past five years. I'm fascinated how WDW is spending all this money to add rides to DHS, but they keep running 1990's shows like Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Beauty & The Beast. For paying customers! :rolleyes:

I'm fully over WDW. My last visit was so disappointing, and I even gave it a four year break. Went back to find all the same crap (plus a Belle love 'n' shove and Mine Train!) with more deletions than additions, and prices that would make Scrooge McDuck cringe. I won't be going back to that giant sinkhole for a very long time. At least at DLR some effort is still made on most fronts.

Disney Analyst

My friend posted her performance schedule, so it definitely appears multiple casts are ready to go.

Also, I believe tonight is the media preview, looking forward to full footage.

GiveMeTheMusic

My friend posted her performance schedule, so it definitely appears multiple casts are ready to go.

Also, I believe tonight is the media preview, looking forward to full footage.

I was told no cameras or phones tonight, so I don't think we'll get a full video until tomorrow's performances begin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom