deleted

TP2000

The good news is that the Beauty and the Beast theatre is planned to be enclosed and heavily renovated. The key word being "planned", however, and the fact that it hasn't happened already is ridiculous.

It's cute that they have a plan. George K., or whomever replaces him when that revolving door spins in a year or two, can point out that they already "invested" in that theater back in the 1990's when they covered it with a shade structure. When it first opened it was entirely outdoors. Because Eisner.
mgm1a.jpg

As for Big Band Beat at Tokyo, of course their theater looks like that. Everything in Tokyo is done better. But then we couldn't have nice stuff like that because our nation's children are very ill-behaved and would spill popcorn everywhere (We have to be allowed to have snacks! And iPads!) and our nation's adults are morbidly obese and would bang their rental scooters into the marble walls and would refuse to lumber up the stairs and would form huge lines for the wheelchair lift into the theater.

I'm doing another Japan trip next year, with two days at Tokyo Disneyland. I will check it out. I usually just find myself watching the crowd behavior and flawless audience etiquette in these rubberhead musical shows anyway.

Last edited:

Phroobar

As for Big Band Beat at Tokyo, of course their theater looks like that. Everything in Tokyo is done better. But then we couldn't have nice stuff like that because our nation's children are very ill-behaved and would spill popcorn everywhere (We have to be allowed to have snacks! And iPads!) and our nation's adults are morbidly obese and would bang their rental scooters into the marble walls and would refuse to lumber up the stairs and would form huge lines for the wheelchair lift into the theater.

At least we don't have Shanghai's problems of guests pooping in the flower beds.
http://shanghaiist.com/2016/07/19/shanghai_disneyland_uncivilized_behavior.php

GiveMeTheMusic

I will be forced to sit through the abysmal Beauty and the Beast show next month as I have family coming for the first time who "simply MUST" see it. I may need to stop by the Hangar Bar before showtime :cry:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong. If you're lucky, you'll at least get to see the Gaston who doesn't need fake muscles!

Darkbeer1

OK, I would love to see the current queue area become a true lobby with restroom, concessions, and staging areas at all levels to speed up the process. But I doubt those are in the budget...

But why not at least a simple shade structure, and maybe some more TV screens to keep those waiting entertained, maybe just videos of pre-show and rehearsal things that would add to the performance. Of course, Disney could also promo upcoming movies and other things coming soon. Nothing too fancy, and would be a nice enhancement, especially those waiting in the hot sun, since most of the performances are held during the day, and the waiting area is on the south side, which gets the most sun.

BrianLo

A couple other fairly well done venues include the Mermaid Lagoon Theatre, the Pirates of the Caribbean one in Shanghai and (so that WDW isn't left out) I think The American Adventure should technically qualify.

TP2000

A couple other fairly well done venues include the Mermaid Lagoon Theatre, the Pirates of the Caribbean one in Shanghai and (so that WDW isn't left out) I think The American Adventure should technically qualify.

The American Adventure show? Inside the pavilion? The attraction? I'm not sure that should count, any more than Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln or the Tiki Room would count.

We're talking live theater venues here, not animatronic shows.

brb1006

It's cute that they have a plan. George K., or whomever replaces him when that revolving door spins in a year or two, can point out that they already "invested" in that theater back in the 1990's when they covered it with a shade structure. When it first opened it was entirely outdoors. Because Eisner.
mgm1a.jpg

I'm doing another Japan trip next year, with two days at Tokyo Disneyland. I will check it out. I usually just find myself watching the crowd behavior and flawless audience etiquette in these rubberhead musical shows anyway.
Don't miss the electrical parade and maybe Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

BrianLo

The American Adventure show? Inside the pavilion? The attraction? I'm not sure that should count, any more than Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln or the Tiki Room would count.

We're talking live theater venues here, not animatronic shows.

Ya I know, but it's the venue I was judging. It's a nice staged venue even if the actors are mechanical. The lobby is lovely, the facade appropriate and the seating itself cushy.

AA's are people too!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom