Frozen in Fantasmic?

The Visionary Soul

After seeing it for myself last night, I can tell you that they actually re-edited ALL the footage going on to the mist screens. That means someone went back to the original source files and tried to re-match everything with the restored versions of the films. To be honest, they didn't do a perfect job. It's good, but not perfect. A lot of transition timings are off by about half a second from the music, and some things that used to be present are just gone now. (For example, in the old bubble sequence, a bubble pops and the character inside falls down. That sound effect is still there, but the imagery of the bubble popping is gone.) Also, it looks like some video scenes were not changed because it would have been too costly to re-edit them with the new restored footage, so some of the old stuff is in there too. (The villains all laughing sticks out to me as being one of those times, but there are others.) Having said all that, the quality of the new footage is just amazing.

I think this is telling that someone requested an editable living master be created for the show that can be continually updated. I expect more in changes in the future.

GVentola

Fantasmic is my very favorite attraction, and I was so afraid they were going to add Frozen to it and ruin it by having it replace the Pocahontas sequence. Glad to find out that won't happen. Fantasmic proves that even Mickey Mouse likes to imagine Pocahontas and John Smith together, even if the historical Pocahontas (who is not one and the same with Disney's Pocahontas) married John Rolfe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom