Frozen in Fantasmic?

Jahona

It's crazy that these projectors were still film. Does anyone know what kind of set up it was? I thought the projectors were in those plastic enclosed bubbles above the stadium or are they towards the back? Did the film have to be changed regularly?

The projectors are located below the stage pointing slightly upwards. You can see through the mist screens a bright hotspot.

ChristianG

It's crazy that these projectors were still film. Does anyone know what kind of set up it was? I thought the projectors were in those plastic enclosed bubbles above the stadium or are they towards the back? Did the film have to be changed regularly?
The projectors are located on the bottom tier of the stage behind the water screens pointing towards the audience.

drew81

Another change they could make is get rid of the Dwarfs except Dopey and add Terk, Max, Daisy, Oswald, Jiminy and Olaf.

YodaMan

Unless I'm mistaken, the last official change to the character line-up was when they cut Megara and Mr. Penguin around 2012 (?) in favor of Tiana (and someone else?). Depending on the night and who happens to be available sometimes Megara (in place of Tiana), Robin Hood, or Lilo come out instead. Theoretically they could change out the characters on a fairly regular basis, but I'm sure they have a reason for not doing so.

mf1972

when we were last there in April 2014, it looked like frozen extreme down there. has it died down or pretty much the same?

MickeyMouseGal

I really don't see the need to tinker with Fantasmic as it is in my opinion the best show in all of WDW, but Disney will add Frozen and continue to ride the coat tails of its success as much as it can.

Fantasmicguy

Honestly adding frozen is one of the best things they can do for this show. It keeps the show updated, all three of those movies should have added sooner being completly honest.I also feel anna and elsa need to be on the boat ending.That being said I dont think it should replace the pocahontas scene because an action scene is traditionally at that spot.

Jon81uk

Wish they included Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Brave, Inside Out, Wreck-It Ralph, and Big Hero 6.

I would say don't add Toy Story or Nemo, keep it a Disney show not a Pixar one. But manybe Ralph should be there somewhere, but doesn't really fit with Mickey well due to the different styles of animation.

champdisney

Hmm, well okay... While I appreciate the digital upgrades, I don't fully understand what the point was in adding a Frozen sequence to the "bubble scene". Yes, besides the fact that Frozen is currently the highest grossing Disney Animated feature since The Lion King. I'll agree if you consider Frozen, a Disney Classic. However, I don't understand why Disney had to mettle with montage that's nearly 20 years old. Yes Frozen is insanely popular but what about the other Disney Animated movies that came out after Hercules? They should've left the segment alone and if they really wanted to include Frozen that bad, why couldn't they cut the tired Pocahontas show opener and replace it with a Frozen one? Elsa can freeze the lagoon or something. Along with other upgrades as well, Fantasmic can still go.

Jon81uk

Hmm, well okay... While I appreciate the digital upgrades, I don't fully understand what the point was in adding a Frozen sequence to the "bubble scene". Yes, besides the fact that Frozen is currently the highest grossing Disney Animated feature since The Lion King. I'll agree if you consider Frozen, a Disney Classic. However, I don't understand why Disney had to mettle with montage that's nearly 20 years old. Yes Frozen is insanely popular but what about the other Disney Animated movies that came out after Hercules? They should've left the segment alone and if they really wanted to include Frozen that bad, why couldn't they cut the tired Pocahontas show opener and replace it with a Frozen one? Elsa can freeze the lagoon or something. Along with other upgrades as well, Fantasmic can still go.

Because if they replaced Pocahontas with Frozen everyone on these boards would complain about the "Frozenication" of DisneyWorld.

They added Princess & the Frog and Tangled as well so all the recent princesses are represented. Only other Disney Animation missing worth noting are Wreck It Ralph and Big Hero Six but I'm not sure they fit. Home on the Range and Chicken Little aren't worth adding really. It could be argued that Tiana & Naveen, Rapunzal & Flynn and Anna & Kristoff (or Elsa) should be on the Princess barges instead of Ariel?

champdisney

Because if they replaced Pocahontas with Frozen everyone on these boards would complain about the "Frozenication" of DisneyWorld.

I would swap a Frozen opening segment for Fantasmic over another year of "Frozen Summer Fun" any day... What a slick way to sucker people in on paying full price for a deflated park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom