Frozen in Fantasmic?

mm52200

Just watched someone's periscope and Princess and the Frog was added, and Frozen was added at the tail end, I couldn't tell if I saw Tangled in there or not. Thank goodness they finally upgraded to digital projectors, they look great in the video. However, I love how when DL did this you heard all about it, but WDW does it and no one says a word. I think it's important to appreciate and acknowledge WDW when they do subtle upgrades like these that make a difference ultimately.

ToTBellHop

Just watched someone's periscope and Princess and the Frog was added, and Frozen was added at the tail end, I couldn't tell if I saw Tangled in there or not. Thank goodness they finally upgraded to digital projectors, they look great in the video. However, I love how when DL did this you heard all about it, but WDW does it and no one says a word. I think it's important to appreciate and acknowledge WDW when they do subtle upgrades like these that make a difference ultimately.
Well, in fairness, they "did it" 2 hours ago. Not much time for congratulations.

YodaMan

I guess new projectors are up and running? Any one at the show know if the overall quality was any better? Any other changes to the projections?

Rteetz

I guess new projectors are up and running? Any one at the show know if the overall quality was any better? Any other changes to the projections?
After watching the periscope I watched the finale seemed to stand out to me. I don't know if it was just me but it just seemed really good.

ChristianG

Here are some screenshots I got from the periscope. Credit for the video goes to Mark Willard on Periscope.
FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender (4).jpg FullSizeRender (5).jpg
FullSizeRender (6).jpg FullSizeRender (7).jpg
Some notes:
- Frozen and Tangled are definitely in the bubbles. Unfortunately Periscope doesn't have a rewind or fast forward option so I couldn't catch them in time. I recall Rapunzel and Flynn with lanterns appearing right after Mulan and Anna and Elsa appearing very briefly after Under The Sea.
- Transitions from different clips to others or blackouts are much smoother. During the princess projections Aladdin and Jasmine fly off into the distance and fade away rather than simply cutting to black. Also, when Maleficent is rising, the short clips that interrupt her fade in and out.
- Dragon wasn't working
- Some of these pics are low quality but ones such as the Tinkerbell screenshot, for example, really show how vivid the colors are now.
- The finale lasers MUST have been updated recently because they look amazing.
- The show is in pretty good shape.

EDIT: Found a video of the new bubble additions:

Last edited:

YodaMan

Watched the periscope as well and definitely noticed the Tangled and Frozen clips as stated. Nice to see they're making changes on the very first night the projectors are up an running. But now the question becomes: Are they willing to make larger changes to the show? I can't foresee them altering anything with the performers in the immediate future, but might they be willing to make audio changes as well now that it's gone digital? How hard would it be to replace a song or two in the bubble montage instead of just adding new images? Would it be possible to switch out some of the villains and their dialogue (does anyone even remember Frollo anymore?)?

spectromagic04

Watched the periscope as well and definitely noticed the Tangled and Frozen clips as stated. Nice to see they're making changes on the very first night the projectors are up an running. But now the question becomes: Are they willing to make larger changes to the show? I can't foresee them altering anything with the performers in the immediate future, but might they be willing to make audio changes as well now that it's gone digital? How hard would it be to replace a song or two in the bubble montage instead of just adding new images? Would it be possible to switch out some of the villains and their dialogue (does anyone even remember Frollo anymore?)?
Who doesn't know Frollo!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 80

YodaMan

Who doesn't know Frollo!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure most people on the site know him. But if you ever watch Fantasmic, you'll often hear other guests ask who that guy was. There is literally zero reference to Frollo or HoND anywhere else in WDW, and I wouldn't be upset if they replaced him with another villain that's proven to be more timeless. The show was made in the 90s and hasn't been touched since the 90s and it's very noticeable. Disney just lucked out because *most* of the 90s films ended up being modern classics.

mm52200

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure most people on the site know him. But if you ever watch Fantasmic, you'll often hear other guests ask who that guy was. There is literally zero reference to Frollo or HoND anywhere else in WDW, and I wouldn't be upset if they replaced him with another villain that's proven to be more timeless. The show was made in the 90s and hasn't been touched since the 90s and it's very noticeable. Disney just lucked out because *most* of the 90s films ended up being modern classics.
True, but I love the little time capsule that our Fantasmic is to the 90s and is the last place on property you can find the smallest of reference to Pocahontas, Hunchback, Hercules, and Mulan, all fantastic films that have become vastly underrated. It would be nice to see a few updates here and there, but I don't think there's too much they can do without majorly changing the structure of the show because most of the water screen segments are there to facilitate set changes on the mountain and costume changes for the cast. It's all pretty carefully choreographed.

Twilight_Roxas

I wouldn't mind if one of the villains excluding the Queen, Ursula, Chernabog, and Maleficent is replace by Dr.Facilier. As for the Frozen in Fantasmic I would see that replacing Monstro part with Let It Go with new animation of Mickey shown in the Tokyo Fantasmic, and World of Color: Celebrate, but only in the winter version, and Frozen event. Oh, and the flowers part would be replace by the winter fairies from Fantasia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom