Frozen Gals On Once Upon A Time?

Matt_Black

I thought it was awesome. Squealed like a little girl on her birthday when Belle and Rumple started dancing. And the thing Rumple found...

giphy.gif

beast32

I thought the Frozen storyline was terrible and forced. The shark has indeed been jumped.

I am hoping they just kind of threw that stuff in there to give people their Frozen stuff, and now they can focus more on the actual story lines of Anna and Elsa and their connection to the characters we love from the Enchanted Forrest.

I thought the episode was good, nothing spectacular. I do think the season has a lot of potential with Regina, Rumple stories. I am intrigued to find out what Elsa and Anna's parents were planning on doing. Kind of interested to see what they are going to do with Snow and Charming. They don't seem to have much going on. I would love to see a lot of flashbacks to the Enchanted Forrest with Snow (I prefer her with long hair).

beast32

I forgot to mention, I loved the scene they gave us with Regina and Emma. Had a Frozen connotation, but was not shoved in our face. Those two have really good chemistry!

Matt_Black

Well, this season has a lot going for it besides Frozen. Maleficent is returning, as is the Knave of Hearts, plus...

It looks like we'll finally, FINALLY find out who wrote that darn book! My main concern is Regina's line coupled with The Hat reveal makes me think that the writers might try and go metatextual and we'll see Mickey or Walt (or someone who they won't call Walt but that is totally, unmistakably Walt) as the Writer of the Book.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Well, this season has a lot going for it besides Frozen. Maleficent is returning, as is the Knave of Hearts, plus...

It looks like we'll finally, FINALLY find out who wrote that darn book! My main concern is Regina's line coupled with The Hat reveal makes me think that the writers might try and go metatextual and we'll see Mickey or Walt (or someone who they won't call Walt but that is totally, unmistakably Walt) as the Writer of the Book.
I was hoping for Merlin.

Sped2424

honestly, the frozen aspect to this episode was the better half. The terrible plot line with regina of will she or won't she is so played at this point I almost wanted to fast forward. The rumple parts were great as were the interactions with swan and hook. The only faults I saw was again regina's same old same old plot and the snowflake necklace being obviously placed in the news paper for elsa to find. The second thing is a nit pick, but the regina story needs to get resolved quickly.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Side note as people have complained about the bad wigs on the show before. Kristoff had short hair because the wig they made for him was so awful the couldn't use it. So they threw in the line about his haircut for the wedding for the first episode. The actor playing Kristoff has said he is growing out his hair so we will he gy Kristoff eventually.

Matt_Black

Side note as people have complained about the bad wigs on the show before. Kristoff had short hair because the wig they made for him was so awful the couldn't use it. So they threw in the line about his haircut for the wedding for the first episode. The actor playing Kristoff has said he is growing out his hair so we will he gy Kristoff eventually.

They played it up brilliantly. He's taking his hat off and moving his head around hoping Elsa might make a comment, but she's totally oblivious. Loved that part.

216bruce

I thought the Frozen storyline was terrible and forced. The shark has indeed been jumped.
I've watched this show since its first episode and it's one of my top two or three favorite shows, but what we have really enjoyed in it was the subtlety it used to have when characters were introduced. You'd end up saying "Hey, I get it, that's The Beast along with being Rumple" or ""Cool way to show Chip" or "Interesting way to use Pinocchio". You know, a quick nod to Disney often with a twist that made it different yet familiar. We also really love "Frozen" but the replicating of the movie directly into the show ruins the subtle stuff for us. Also, playing "Beauty and the Beast" during the dance scene was sweet, but I think folks "got it" without beating them over the head with it by playing the song. They could have played a phrase or two from the song. I hope after they get whatever audience share they hope to pick up by copying "Frozen" they go back to how the show worked beforehand. I have great hope for the 'item' and who may own it and who may be with them too.

AllyInWonderland

I don't know. I feel like Elsa was too dull and was constantly angry. When Elsa is not scared, she's happy and mischievous like when she made Anna dance with the Duke of Weselton, and when she made Anna ice skate.

I just think they could've done better with her.

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Frozen felt forced to a degree, but not to the point that they can not pull a good story line out of it. I was impressed with the CGI Frozen add ins, I did not expect to see those. I will gladly give it a chance to level out.

I am a bit disapointed that they seem to be taking the two characters back towards being bad. That good / bad seesaw has been used a lot already with them. Feels like a rehash yet again....pretty soon I am going to just hope someone offs them as gets it over with....

And Henry is getting freaking huge, not sure how much longer he can pull off the sweet pie in the sky kid....he is going to be trying to hook up with the visiting princess pretty soon instead of trying to help them with their quests... :)

But I still enjoyed the episode as it was good to see everyone back in action :) And I think even with my grips I will enjoy this season.

BigTxEars

Original Poster
They kept talking about how they couldn't do Olaf but they did all that? I demand Olaf with Josh Gad voicing since they already went this far.

Oh I am betting he shows up, it's too big a cameo for them to skip IMO. How hard could he be to do after the other things they did in this episode?

Get me a costume I will play him!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom