Frozen Ever After opening day

RSoxNo1

September 10th was available at some point. Either they're all booking up in the 60+10 window, or they've cut FP+ capacity even more. Neither would surprise me. It's a shame the ride is good because if it wasn't it would be easier to get rid of.

aladdin2007

Is it having days now where it does NOT go down? Or is still doing down daily. Mornings are usually pretty good right its in the afternoons when it seems to start having issues?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Speaking of which, I was wondering, since we are allegedly all Disney Park Fans, if there is anyone in our circle that has ever noticed the tombstone for Leota just before you enter the Mansion? And if so, how many have never seen what happens to it if you watch it long enough?
Pretty much common knowledge amongst fans. IIRC it was added in 2002. And..... Edit. Already answered.

Goofyernmost

Pretty much common knowledge amongst fans. IIRC it was added in 2002. And..... Edit. Already answered.
Common knowledge to those that live, eat and breath Disney, however their is a portion of fans that are fans but not fanatical. I was more talking to them, those that frequent these boards, but, do not have mouse ears hanging over their beds. Apparently, by the response most of those here were well versed on the tombstone. You would be surprised at the how many of the non-obsessed have never noticed it or even been aware of it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Common knowledge to those that live, eat and breath Disney, however their is a portion of fans that are fans but not fanatical. I was more talking to them, those that frequent these boards, but, do not have mouse ears hanging over their beds. Apparently, by the response most of those here were well versed on the tombstone. You would be surprised at the how many of the non-obsessed have never noticed it or even been aware of it.
Oh I know. The more you see the more you look.

DisneyRoy

Well thanks for mentioning! I had no idea and just went to You Tube to see what you guys were talking about. Something to look out for on my next trip I guess!

Goofyernmost

I haven't seen it down when I check the app recently, but the wait times are down to 75 minutes. It's gotten to the point where sometimes Soarin' will have a longer wait (once, I saw it at 90 minutes!).
90 min. for this time of year is quite an improvement. I have seen it at that in Mid February. Frozen has a more focused audience then Soarin. So it is still likely to be attended by more in a day then Frozen.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I'm going to rant about this ride for a moment if I may (you have no choice ;)).

I've ridden it a few times and now after watching video I took, I'm able to digest this ride for what it is, just a cute family boat ride. Nothing more. Nothing less. I'm sorry that I don't agree with other sites who state that it's "Disney's greatest dark ride!" because it simply is not.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the ride. The animatronics were beyond amazing, especially in Elsa's Ice Palace scene. They were all visually stunning. The queue line was awesome too. You would never be able to tell that this same building housed Maelstrom at one point. The best part of the ride was seeing all the little kids' smiles after coming off of the ride (which is what I think really matters in the end).

The problem with this ride in my opinion is that Frozen deserved better. The story does not flow, it doesn't feel cohesive. It doesn't tell the story of Frozen. It feels just so crammed. To the park enthusiast it doesn't make sense at all. To children, it's great because all of their favorite characters are there.

Frozen is now one of Disney's all-time classics, why not build it a proper ride? Why cram it into such a small space? I get it, this is Bob Iger's fit as many IPs as possible everywhere Disney. This though was a mistake, not only because of capacity issues (talk about beating a dead horse into the ground), but because so much more could've been done. I would have loved to have seen a scene were Anna turns from ice back to normal (think PotC at Shanghai and Jack Sparrow). I would have loved more of the story being told (did Prince Hans not play a role in the story of Frozen?). Belle and Ariel have their own little nooks over in MK, Frozen should have had it's own as well. That is where my disappointment with this ride and Disney in general lie. The ride is fun, but it could've been an absolute classic had Disney Imagineers given it a proper treatment.

Sorry for the long rant.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm going to rant about this ride for a moment if I may (you have no choice ;)).

I've ridden it a few times and now after watching video I took, I'm able to digest this ride for what it is, just a cute family boat ride. Nothing more. Nothing less. I'm sorry that I don't agree with other sites who state that it's "Disney's greatest dark ride!" because it simply is not.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the ride. The animatronics were beyond amazing, especially in Elsa's Ice Palace scene. They were all visually stunning. The queue line was awesome too. You would never be able to tell that this same building housed Maelstrom at one point. The best part of the ride was seeing all the little kids' smiles after coming off of the ride (which is what I think really matters in the end).

The problem with this ride in my opinion is that Frozen deserved better. The story does not flow, it doesn't feel cohesive. It doesn't tell the story of Frozen. It feels just so crammed. To the park enthusiast it doesn't make sense at all. To children, it's great because all of their favorite characters are there.

Frozen is now one of Disney's all-time classics, why not build it a proper ride? Why cram it into such a small space? I get it, this is Bob Iger's fit as many IPs as possible everywhere Disney. This though was a mistake, not only because of capacity issues (talk about beating a dead horse into the ground), but because so much more could've been done. I would have loved to have seen a scene were Anna turns from ice back to normal (think PotC at Shanghai and Jack Sparrow). I would have loved more of the story being told (did Prince Hans not play a role in the story of Frozen?). Belle and Ariel have their own little nooks over in MK, Frozen should have had it's own as well. That is where my disappointment with this ride and Disney in general lie. The ride is fun, but it could've been an absolute classic had Disney Imagineers given it a proper treatment.

Sorry for the long rant.

You should have been around when it was announced...

Captain Barbossa

I've been enjoying watching all this caos unravel ever since this ride has opened. I was at EPCOT twice about 2 weeks before it was to open and was very surprised that there wasn't a soft opening. That was just stupid. Do think its a FantasyLand actraction. RIP Maelstrom you will be missed.

SJN1279

I just got back from WDW, and I have to say that I thought the Frozen ride was outstanding. I would consider it an E ticket for the entire family. It greatly improved on Norway, and made excellent use of the space. With Fastpass +, I got on the ride in roughly 10 minutes as well. It is definitely a must do.

Another plus, I thought themeing of the area was extremely well done, and not cartoony at all. Just a total win for Disney.

Can't wait to try Kong next trip.....

KikoKea

Edit: Oops- missed the question asked above! Is the ride staying open without breakdowns now?
I would have preferred an updated Maelstrom and a Frozen ride in the MK's FL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom