Frozen Ever After FP+?

Rob562

I assume the Frozen FastPass will be the hardest one to get since the 7DMT over at the MK!

Yup. If I were looking to minimize possibly long waits for a ride I wanted to go on, I'd choose Frozen as your Tier 1 unless you plan to rope-drop it. Once or twice I've been able to find random openings for Soarin' mid-day for late-afternoon ride times. It's not definite, but it's a much better chance of getting it than Frozen.

On my trip this fall, we'll be going to Epcot for Food & Wine Festival on multiple days, so our plan is to just do each Tier 1 we want to do on different days.

-Rob

disneygeek90

I am an AP and literally am looking every day for a Frozen pass a month out and they never seem to be available. I was able to reserve one a few weeks ago in the late evening and the ride was down when I arrived and never got back up. Anyone know why they are always unavailable within minutes of it 'opening' on the exact date? Surely they wouldn't let all the Disney resort people snatch them all up 60 days out...

I am an AP and literally am looking every day for a Frozen pass a month out and they never seem to be available. I was able to reserve one a few weeks ago in the late evening and the ride was down when I arrived and never got back up. Anyone know why they are always unavailable within minutes of it 'opening' on the exact date? Surely they wouldn't let all the Disney resort people snatch them all up 60 days out...

I think they are letting the resort guests take them all. They did this when Anna and Elsa were at MK and with 7DMT (which has become a little easier to get since Frozen has opened). It's an additional incentive to stay on-site.

bpadair32

Are people able to get on-site 60 day out frozen fast passes? The 30 day ones seem pretty booked solid. :(

Yes I was able to get one at 60.

Yes they are. That is the point of it being an advantage to staying at the resort you get to book FP+ at 60 days. If they held some for 30 days, it wouldn't be as much of an advantage.

disneygeek90

Yes I was able to get one at 60.

Yes they are. That is the point of it being an advantage to staying at the resort you get to book FP+ at 60 days. If they held some for 30 days, it wouldn't be as much of an advantage.
Yeah I understand that thought process, but at the same time I feel they should at least be reserving a set amount for AP. I don't feel someone that lives 15 mins away as I do should be penalized because I don't have to stay in a hotel.

bpadair32

Yeah I understand that thought process, but at the same time I feel they should at least be reserving a set amount for AP. I don't feel someone that lives 15 mins away as I do should be penalized because I don't have to stay in a hotel.

But on the other hand, if you are local and have an AP, you likely have many, many more opportunities to visit and get that FP+, perhaps at a lower crowd time than people that are traveling and staying at the resort.

disneygeek90

But on the other hand, if you are local and have an AP, you likely have many, many more opportunities to visit and get that FP+, perhaps at a lower crowd time than people that are traveling and staying at the resort.
True, but the fact that I cannot find one fastpass for the next 30 days at any time I find a little annoying.

I will probably have to wait until school is back in session and go on a random weekday night in september.

bpadair32

True, but the fact that I cannot find one fastpass for the next 30 days at any time I find a little annoying.

I will probably have to wait until school is back in session and go on a random weekday night in september.

While I totally understand your annoyance. Imagine how much more you would be annoyed if you could only go once every few years, spent the extra money to stay on property, and go to book your FP+ for a "must-do" attraction and couldn't get it even though you got on right at the start of the FP+ time.

ToTBellHop

Be clever.

Book a night at an All-Star (room only). Book FP+ 60+10 days out. Then cancel your reservation at 30 days.

It's not hard.

disneygeek90

While I totally understand your annoyance. Imagine how much more you would be annoyed if you could only go once every few years, spent the extra money to stay on property, and go to book your FP+ for a "must-do" attraction and couldn't get it even though you got on right at the start of the FP+ time.
Oh I understand the pain. I didn't always live here and we had our family spring break trip once a year to WDW like so many others. But back in those days it was without the FP+ so you could just show up early and get a fastpass :p

Be clever.

Book a night at an All-Star (room only). Book FP+ 60+10 days out. Then cancel your reservation at 30 days.

It's not hard.
I have never thought about that... Interesting.

Johnguelff

30 days out for frozen is pretty much a no go it seems. I was on the site and my phone for my 60 day out fast passes last Saturday, right at 7am. wed, thurs, fri and sat all nothing available, already. Sept 14th- 19th. No way they last until 30 days out, they are gone in 5 seconds. Got one for that Sunday and had to rearrange our whole trip for September because of it.

RMichael21

Original Poster
30 days out for frozen is pretty much a no go it seems. I was on the site and my phone for my 60 day out fast passes last Saturday, right at 7am. wed, thurs, fri and sat all nothing available, already. Sept 14th- 19th. No way they last until 30 days out, they are gone in 5 seconds. Got one for that Sunday and had to rearrange our whole trip for September because of it.
We were able to get one of a few slots (I believe there were at least four times available, I picked the earliest one) 30 days out.

But, we recently got back and while the wait for standby was 90 minutes, we were in and out of the ride in 15 minutes, despite a breakdown of the ride 30 minutes earlier. I guess the FP line hadn't backed up yet due to the breakdown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom