1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Frozen Ever After Closed During FP Window?

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by Wellington2011, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Wellington2011

Wellington2011 Member

We're heading to WDW in 3 weeks. I've noticed that Frozen Ever After closes often. What happens if we have a FP for the ride and it closes during our window? Do they issue a different time, or is it a wasted FP? We're actually going to Epcot on two different days in case we can't get on the first day,

2. Coaster Lover

Coaster Lover Well-Known Member

In my limited experience, I believe if it is closed during your window, you can come back at anytime after it reopens. They should send an email to the email associated with your MDE account if it does close giving you your options.

sxeensweet likes this.
  3. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

That's correct. They actually give you the option of using it for the same attraction after it reopens, or a list of alternates you can just walk up to and tap. No rescheduling necessary.

Also, this new "wildcard" FastPass won't get in the way if making your 4th FastPass after your first three are used.

-Rob

Courtney6682 and sxeensweet like this.
  4. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Is this new Rob? When I have been issued the "wildcard" FP due to the ride being down, I was unable to make a 4th since the unused wildcard prevented me from doing so.

I actually received a "wildcard" today for Splash but did not attempt to make a 4th due to my unsuccessful past experience. (Not that it mattered, the MK is slammed today and FP selections are slim. Hoping Splash is back up when we return to the park tonight.)

5. UpAllNight

UpAllNight Well-Known Member

Any experience on how long it normally takes in the FP queue for Frozen once you're in? Unbelievably I bagged one just 30 days out, but it's cutting it fine before illuminations.

6. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

15 mins tops. Probably more like 5-10.

7. UpAllNight

UpAllNight Well-Known Member

Excellent...thank you!

8. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member

9. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

We had it happen when 7DMT was down. I talked to the guys at the kiosk just to see what our options were and they said they could override issues there if something happened to our 7DMT or we wanted to make more FP+. We got lucky and the ride came back within an hour after our FP+ window closed - and it was the first we had of the day so we didn't have to go back to fix it, but even as of last time when it broke down the CMs admitted it can cause issues.

Tuvalu likes this.