Frozen 2 officially announced.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I used to like Frozen until the hype, the Maelstrom takeover, and the fact that I started to watch many more Disney movies kicked it out of my top 10 Disney movies. I can't say I'm surprised that this is happening, but I'm not happy about it.

Really? Hype stops you from liking something? Why let hype ruin what you like and let others change what you like?

Me for instance, I am a fan of the movie...but the new attraction location in Norway, not so much.

prberk

They also annouced that another Star Wars movie will be released in 2017.. Not sure if thats olds news or not..

NEW YORK (AP) — Disney is developing a sequel to its hit "Frozen" movie and will release a new "Star Wars" movie in 2017.
The Walt Disney Co. also said Thursday at its annual shareholder meeting in San Francisco that investors had voted down shareholder proposals that would separate the CEO and chairman role and limit accelerated executive pay.
The board had recommended voting against both proposals.
Bob Iger has been CEO since 2005 and chairman as of 2012. He received $43.7 million in compensation last year, up 27 percent from the previous year.
Disney had a blockbuster year in 2014 thanks to popularity of "Frozen" and other films

I really, really, really hope that Disney does not force such quick turnarounds on Star Wars films that they kill the golden goose. First, pushing the current one in develpment to be done six months earlier than the normally successful May date; and now pushing the next one to be done in two years (or less), as opposed to the normal three years that have been put into the others.

I know it is driven by money, but the success of the others, especially the original trilogy says something about pacing and getting it right.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Really? Hype stops you from liking something? Why let hype ruin what you like and let others change what you like?

Me for instance, I am a fan of the movie...but the new attraction location in Norway, not so much.
It's not really the hype as much as the fandom. Almost everything Disney related thing I see on other sites is Frozen, Frozen, Frozen. I get annoyed that people call it the greatest movie when it's not even close to being the greatest DISNEY movie. It's good, but not that good. I just got incredibly annoyed that it kept getting shoved in my face all the time.

MickeyPeace

Let's see what I don't like about Frozen: the younger sister who talks like a female hipster and dumbs down the plot constantly with her snark, the overproduced incessant Broadway songs constantly making the viewer feel like it's already been on Broadway, the annoying voice on the jacked up snowman and a general lack of a good plot.

But I like the scene inside the castle when the older sister creates a winter fantasyland and almost kills her sister.

Sped2424

Original Poster
It's not really the hype as much as the fandom. Almost everything Disney related thing I see on other sites is Frozen, Frozen, Frozen. I get annoyed that people call it the greatest movie when it's not even close to being the greatest DISNEY movie. It's good, but not that good. I just got incredibly annoyed that it kept getting shoved in my face all the time.
I am an active part of the Disney fandom in most places. And not once have I ever seen anyone advocate constantly that it's the best thing Disney has ever made. It's more like this weird myth people keep making up to continue to hate this film for whatever hype related reasons. To me it's more like this thing is popular therefore I am the counterculture who get's it's not cool cause I am above those who like it. More than "this thing is bad".

AndyLL

I really, really, really hope that Disney does not force such quick turnarounds on Star Wars films that they kill the golden goose. First, pushing the current one in develpment to be done six months earlier than the normally successful May date; and now pushing the next one to be done in two years (or less), as opposed to the normal three years that have been put into the others.

Actually the current one was pushed back from May 2015... not up. And the spin-offs have been in the works since Disney bought star wars... it was just given an official title and date today.

Disney has gotten pretty good at juggling multiple Marvel movies at the same time. I assume they are using that experience to handle the Star Wars spin-offs

Mickey_777

Seems like a cash grab but if they end up producing a good film then I may change my mind and watch it. Not in theaters but I'll watch it.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Actually the current one was pushed back from May 2015... not up. And the spin-offs have been in the works since Disney bought star wars... it was just given an official title and date today.

Disney has gotten pretty good at juggling multiple Marvel movies at the same time. I assume they are using that experience to handle the Star Wars spin-offs
Marvel is responsible for their own success.

216bruce

Picture this conversation...circa 1930: "Yeah, I really liked Mickey Mouse and enjoyed Steamboat Willie, but after it got really successful and it was everywhere- watches, stuffed guys, model railroad stuff, magazines. Then they made all those Steamboat Willie sequels. Man, it was too much."

Presented for comparisons sake only, no anger intended. Some restrictions may apply, operators are standing by. Please call collect.
Use with caution. If symptoms persist please see your doctor. If your doctor persists, please use caution.

Matt_Black

Yeah, if it were JUST in the States, I could see Frozen-mania as just early fan-hype that quickly went viral. However, the fact that it's been successful all over the world would suggest that there's some meat to film. The other major film that's on that level is Toy Story 3, and I don't think anybody here would argue that the only reason it was successful was due to viral hype.

lazyboy97o

Picture this conversation...circa 1930: "Yeah, I really liked Mickey Mouse and enjoyed Steamboat Willie, but after it got really successful and it was everywhere- watches, stuffed guys, model railroad stuff, magazines. Then they made all those Steamboat Willie sequels. Man, it was too much."

Presented for comparisons sake only, no anger intended. Some restrictions may apply, operators are standing by. Please call collect.
Use with caution. If symptoms persist please see your doctor. If your doctor persists, please use caution.
It's not really the same. The shorts could take months or years to reach your town. Even merchandise wasn't the same because most towns weren't full of exactly the same stores with exactly the same merchandise.

Brer Panther

Didn't John Lassenter put an end to Disney sequels? I mean, I know there was Winnie the Pooh, but I see the Winnie the Pooh movies as more as "extensions of the franchise" (along the lines of the Tinker Bell movies) than sequels...

Matt_Black

Didn't John Lassenter put an end to Disney sequels? I mean, I know there was Winnie the Pooh, but I see the Winnie the Pooh movies as more as "extensions of the franchise" (along the lines of the Tinker Bell movies) than sequels...

I think his official words were something along the lines of "no sequels UNLESS it's worth being in the WDAS canon".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom