Frozen 2 officially announced.

Sped2424

Original Poster
It was announced at a shareholders meeting this morning. Here comes the sequel and while I think it's interesting and could be fun and cool I am sure more than enough of you shall begin your rants. For which I am prepared.

tumblr_inline_n55y6yG55t1r7yxk7.png

DinoInstitute

At least this is interesting. Never before have we gotten a fairytale musical to get a sequel that was apart of the Walt Disney Animation legacy. (Toon disney did all those other sequels).
That's true. Could be a potentially good sign.

I mean, frozen was a good film, I just want the while frozen fun and all that stuff to cease.

Sped2424

Original Poster
That's true. Could be a potentially good sign.

I mean, frozen was a good film, I just want the while frozen fun and all that stuff to cease.
I don't mind frozen fun, creates stuff to do rather than kill it off (like poor norway) and Frozen fun is temporary! While killing norway in favor of arendelle is not.

DinoInstitute

I don't mind frozen fun, creates stuff to do rather than kill it off (like poor norway) and Frozen fun is temporary! While killing norway in favor of arendelle is not.
Well, yes it is temporary, but I feel like last year when it happened it drowned the whole park in fun. I didn't like the way they set it up.
Norway is just sad.
But, there are two whole other threads for this:p

Matt_Black

I'm excited, because there was a lot of stuff hinted in the first film that would be really cool to expand on, namely the implication that Elsa having powers is not unique. Combine that with the other countries in the film, Weselton, the Southern Isles, and more, and you could have a really neat fantasy adventure that builds on what we saw before.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I used to like Frozen until the hype, the Maelstrom takeover, and the fact that I started to watch many more Disney movies kicked it out of my top 10 Disney movies. I can't say I'm surprised that this is happening, but I'm not happy about it.

Dubman

They also annouced that another Star Wars movie will be released in 2017.. Not sure if thats olds news or not..

NEW YORK (AP) — Disney is developing a sequel to its hit "Frozen" movie and will release a new "Star Wars" movie in 2017.
The Walt Disney Co. also said Thursday at its annual shareholder meeting in San Francisco that investors had voted down shareholder proposals that would separate the CEO and chairman role and limit accelerated executive pay.
The board had recommended voting against both proposals.
Bob Iger has been CEO since 2005 and chairman as of 2012. He received $43.7 million in compensation last year, up 27 percent from the previous year.
Disney had a blockbuster year in 2014 thanks to popularity of "Frozen" and other films

doctornick

As much as I enjoyed the film, I am concerned that the green light did not come from there being a strong story.

Exactly this. Frozen is a perfectly fine movie and doesn't deserve the hate it gets on these pages just because it is popular or "overexposed".

But the issue with a sequel is that it is almost certainly going to be forced without a good story to tell. Would be better off as a direct to video endeavor rather than a theatrical release.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Would be better off as a direct to video endeavor rather than a theatrical release.
The last direct to video sequel of a Disney Animated canon movie was in 2008. For better or worse in this specific situation, I think Disney has learned their lesson from their direct to video mishaps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom