Frontierland & Critter Country (from my 6th Disney theme park proposal)

KentB3

Original Poster
Well, I've finally completed the Magic Kingdom park from my Disney theme park proposal with my rendering of the final two lands; Frontierland and Critter Country.

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=6236

FYI, the dashed line shows the boundary where Frontierland and Critter Country meet. Also, Frontierland's rides and attractions have large numbers to indicate them. whereas Critter Country's rides and attractions have smaller numbers.

Here is my list of the rides and attractions for both lands:

Frontierland:
1.) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
2.) Diamond Horseshoe Saloon (presenting Diamond Horsehoe Saloon Revue; a Western Saloon show much like the former WDW show, complete with can-can dancers!)
3.) Fantasmic!: The Fantasmic! show is presented on this stage, which sits on the end of Pocahontas Island, and on the Rivers of America-- very much like Disneyland's show, with the Frontierland Riverboat finale and the
Peter Pan segment on the Sailing Ship Columbia!
4.) Fantasmic! seating: These are open-air theater-type seats for the Fantamsic! audience.
5.) Frontierland Jail: Basically, this is a jail building from the Old West era. Great fun for the guests, especially the kids!
6.) Frontierland Riverboat: This is the dock on which the riverboat boards.
7.) Frontierland Shootin' Arcade
8.) Legends of the Wild West
9.) Pocahontas Island: Similar to Tom Sawyer's Island, but with a Pocahontas theme. Includes the following attractions:
a.) 17th century Jamestown settlement re-creation
b.) Enchanted Glade Forest exploration area, complete with a talking Grandmother Willow Tree!
c.) Indian Village, with the Ceremonial Dance Circle, among other things. The Ceremonial Dance Circle is a dancing stage, where REAL Indians/Native Americans demonstrate their native dance steps for the guests.
d.) a restaurant of some sort
e.) Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends stage show

Last but not least, Pocahontas Island includes a "meet & greet" area for the Pocahontas characters (Pocahontas, John Smith, Meeko, Governor Ratcliffe, etc.) of their own!

10.) Rafts to Pocahontas Island
11.) Sailing Ship Columbia (boards at the same dock as the riverboat)

Critter Country:
1.) Brother Bear's Explorer Canoes (since the canoes ended up in Critter Country, I thought this was a great name for the canoes, especially given the theme of the Brother Bear cartoon; IMHO, a much better name than Beaver Brother's. In fact, I have NO idea who the Beaver Brothers are! Also, Brother Bear's is certainly a better name for a canoe ride in Critter Country than Davy Crockett's; which is their name at Disneyland!

2.) Country Bears Jamboree: which presents 3 different shows
seasonally:
* Christmas Hoedown (runs from Thanksgiving Day to January 1)
* Vacation Hoedown (runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day)
* the original Country Bears Hoedown (runs during the rest of the year)

3.) It's Tough to Be a Bug
4.) Splash Mountain
5.) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
6.) Teddi Berra's Swingin' Arcade

Well there you have it! These are the rides and attractions for my final 2 lands in my Magic Kingdom park. If anyone has questions, comments, and/or suggestions, please feel free to post! :)

KentB3

Original Poster
I forgot to mention

There's a couple of things I forgot to mention in my above post. First of all, there's a Festival Arena in the area between the Rivers of America and where Fantasyland begins, above Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The Festival Arena will be primarily used for special events. Disneyland has a similar Festival Arena between ROA and Fantasyland as well, which is used for similar purposes, IMHO.

Also in Critter Country, there's a bridge underneath the railroad track towards the area with It's Tough to Be a Bug and Teddi Berra's arcade. This is in fact very similar to Disneyland's Critter Country, which has a bridge under the railroad track to give access to the attractions/shops/restaurants, etc. in that particular part of CC.

WeirdOne

Here is his rendering...it's a nice Frontierland if I may say so. - The WeirdOne :D

Attachments

• frontierland.jpg
    frontierland.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 55

KentB3

Original Poster
I don't seem to be getting as much feedback as I should about my Frontierland/Critter Country map rendering, especially since this is my first draft of both MK lands so far. Please post if anyone has questions, comments, and/or suggestions! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom