From WDW to the Amtrak station i Orlando

chrisdadrocks

So we are going on our Honeymoon soon and need to save a few bucks since we are staying coming in on Monday and leaving on Saturday for our cruise that leaves Tampa. A cab or van service would cost us around 160 without tip. We can get an Amtrak train leaving Orlando @ 1030AM and gets to Tampa at 12:30 PM. I know the station is close to the ship but anyone know how far the station is in Orlando from the All-Star? What is the best way to get a cab that morning?

tampabrad

Going by google maps, a trip from wdw to the Orlando Amtrak Station will take 29 minutes. Personally, I can drive from WDW to Tampa in 45 minutes to an hour. I would consider renting a car. It may end up less expensive than cab fare and train fair.

Best way to get a cab at a WDW resort is to have a CM call, or to call from your room. I would give yourselves at least a half hour wait for the cab and 30-50 minutes for your 29 min cab ride.

From the Tampa station to the ship would be about a $5.00 cab ride.

Congrats on the honeymoon.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

have you considered the kissimmee amtrak station? i haven't done it in several years (since i found xanax and can now fly !), but i used to go to kissimmee because it is significantly closer to disney world. i made the mistake of using orlando station first time or two, much further and area more crowded and a little seedy. bet it wouldn't cost as much for a cab from there.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

The Orlando station is smack dab downtown. Now, Orlando isn't a very big city compared to many others out there, but still, I4 isn't that great handling traffic and people here don't know how to drive. This make what someone said 29 minutes turn into 90 minutes.

Just an example: I left Animal Kingdom tonight around 630. I drove up I4 with light traffic and hit downtown about 45 minutes later at 715.

I'd try the Kissimmee station or do what others have said, rent a car and head to Tampa.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom