From Disney to Universal

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
Hi everyone!

I'm planning a trip to Disney in September and would love to have a day or two at Universal, but I don't know how I'd get there as we'll be flying into Orlando and taking the Magical Express to our Disney resort. Does anyone know of any reputable shuttles or anything that will take you from Disney property to Universal?

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
I went through 5 pages of the forum and didn't find any (aside from someone asking about an Uber), which is why I made this post.

danpam1024

I used the search- they're everywhere, the short list, Uber, Mears, a cab, or the least popular a city bus, Lynx. Personally I do NOT recommend Lynx, it would take forever. Grab a cab from the resort- probably the easiest, though not the cheapest. I think we paid $50 for a towncar from Hard Rock to Epcot.

michaelnyc

we are also going on sept to wdw and bought the buy 2 days get one free from universal, we are planning on going sept 6-7-8
staying at coronado, where are you guys staying?

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
I'm spreading it out a bit! I feel like going to Universal, while still an amusement park, has a different feel overall then Disney so it'll be a different change ofrom pace for those days.

KLeigh

We're spending one day at Universal during our trip this September, and we found that Uber will be the cheapest option.

Since no one in our group has used Uber before, we're eligible to receive a $20 credit for signing up through a friend's referral code. Hello free/almost free rides to and from POFQ to UNI/Hard Rock.

RonAnnArbor

One of the easiest ways is to use Mears bus/shared van service if you have 4 people or less. If you have more, use a cab or Uber. Mears service is easy; they reserve a time to depart your resort and time to depart Universal. They pick you up right at the canopy of your resort, wether that is on property or in one of the disney area hotels. If I recall correctly roundtrip was 20.00 per person. Mears Phone number is (407) 423-5566

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
Nooooo! Hahahaha. I love both parks. Disney just has the magic that makes me feel like a kid again (and bringing mine this trip is really exciting!), but Universal has more of a grown up feel. I have always loved Harry Potter, so that area definitely has a "magical" factor for me, but it's just a different one then Disney.

fosse76

Depending on how many people are going, the Mears shuttle is probably the least expensive option (excluding Lynx). It's about $19/person roundtrip. Whereas a taxi is going to be between $40 and $50 each way. That said, they tend to have limited morning pick-ups (when I last used the service, they only offered two times to pick me up), but you can return pretty much any time you want (you call them about an hour in advance of the time you want to return). It's pretty easy.

PrincessNelly_NJ

We went to Universal roundtrip for free. We used the UBER first ride free promo on my phone & my fiance's phone. Even with surge pricing in effect at the time.

We also used Lyft promos from free or 50% off rides around Disney property that could have been used to get us to Universal for free or cheap as well.

We used to take a mears taxi which was $40 each way most times... never again! Uber or Lyft all the way!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom