Fried catfish at The Garden Grill

Disney-holic

Original Poster
Does anyone know, for sure, that the fried catfish is back on the menu at The Garden Grill? About a year ago, they changed the menu & the presentation. You ordered an entree, (everyone could order a different entree) & then the side dishes were served "family style". I had always made a point to eat, at least one meal, at the Garden Grill, on every trip. I have not been back (to the Garden Grill) since they took the catfish off the menu. However, I've seen menus lately that list the catfish. So, has anyone eaten there, lately? Thanks.

lawyergirl77

Disney-holic said:
Does anyone know, for sure, that the fried catfish is back on the menu at The Garden Grill? About a year ago, they changed the menu & the presentation. You ordered an entree, (everyone could order a different entree) & then the side dishes were served "family style". I had always made a point to eat, at least one meal, at the Garden Grill, on every trip. I have not been back (to the Garden Grill) since they took the catfish off the menu. However, I've seen menus lately that list the catfish. So, has anyone eaten there, lately? Thanks.
Ate there in December... The catfish was back and we polished off MANY helpings!! :slurp:

Yellow Shoes

I had the catfish on March 16, 2006.

It was simply wonderful.

But be forewarned--all the meats come on one platter: turkey with cranberry goo, beef with a sauce, and the catfish. (we were there for lunch) The sauce from the beef ran under the crispy catfish and threatened to make it soggy and beefy.

Make sure you grab that fish and get it on your plate first thing to keep it in perfect condition.

Number_6

I was there with Rob(mkt) awhile back and they had the catfish. I mostly ate that and let him have the other meats. It was very tasty. Later he was joking when we were passing through the aquaculture section on the Behind the Seeds tour that I better watch myself because the catfish there knew that I had just eaten their cousins. :lookaroun

Debbie

Catfish are not running at this time of the year, in this area for sure. We sell fresh catfish filets for $3.00 per lb. So if anyone comes to this neck of the woods in another 6 weeks; we should have some to sell! :)

PixyDust

I also want to add that I am really, really picky about catfish. If not prepared correctly they are just a slimy mess. I was really happy with the catfish at Garden Grill in January. They were crispy and not at all slimy.

Disney-holic

Original Poster
Thanks, all, for the input. I'm really glad to hear that the catfish is back. When we were there, a year ago, I spoke to the restaurant manager, to register my disappointment in not having catfish on the menu any more, & that I would not be back until the catfish was back on the menu, She told me that it would NEVER be put back on the menu. That the menu was changed periodically (sp??) & the catfish had been on the menu too long. Glad she was wrong. I, too, am very picky about the catfish that I eat, & this was one of the best. Hope they haven't changed the recipe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom