1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

French Quarter or Riverside?

Discussion in 'WDW Resort Hotels' started by DPN, Mar 22, 2017.

1. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

Wow, FSU versus Florida ranks up there with Coke versus Pepsi as one of the great rivalries! Yup, I agree.

Go Noles!

DPN likes this.
  2. LAKid53

POR...best moderate on property. If you stayed at POFQ, you'd have to walk over to POR if you want to eat at a TS, since there isn't one at French Quarter.

3. LAKid53

We've always shared a boat with POFQ in the evening.

4. Mista C

Mista C Well-Known Member

Oooohhhh, wrong answer!

5. LAKid53

We'll see...in November. ;)

8a8ef54ae76c71c2512de652e5a1c338.jpg

Marc Davis Fan likes this.
  6. LadyBelle

LadyBelle Well-Known Member

When I was there in September, they had dedicated boats to DS from each resort after 5pm

LAKid53 likes this.
  7. patch553

patch553 Well-Known Member

weve stayed at both and loved them, its tough to pick a favorite in our eyes but probably would say FQ as its a little smaller/quieter and at night was quite romantic,but having said that we got a great deal to stay in a royal room in riverside in a few short weeks so that may be the game changer:)

8. Mista C

Mista C Well-Known Member

DUN DUN DUN!!!! No, but in all honesty, that is a fantastic rivalry. One thing that I always tell people is that Gators and Noles actually have a lot of respect for one another... except on game day. We want to kill each other on that day. But every other weekend I root for the Noles to win. I always want both of us to have the best records possible when we play at the end of the season.

9. LAKid53

Like 1996? That was an amazing game...but the one following, not so much. :(

10. DPN

DPN New Member Original Poster

GO NOLES!!!

11. LAKid53

I :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: your avatar!

Plant that Spear, Osceola. *thumbs up*

DPN likes this.
  12. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

We had great bus service when we stayed at PORS, as well. Perhaps the poster missed the OP's statement that they weren't visiting the parks during those days, so bus service is probably irrelevant anyway.

LAKid53 and JillC LI like this.
  13. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

They're both lovely, and both offer convenient transportation to Disney Springs. With a little one, I guess I'd tend to lean toward POFQ (closer to Disney Springs, smaller resort, easier to navigate), although PORS has a few things going for it as well: potentially more kid-friendly theming (in Alligator Bayou and/or the Royal rooms), a bigger and more kid-friendly main pool/waterplay complex, and a table service restaurant.

DPN likes this.
  14. SugarMagnolia75

SugarMagnolia75 Member

I would recommend POFQ. Once your youngest is 3, you won't be able to stay there without getting two rooms. I'm not sure how often you go to WDW, but this is something you might not be able to do on future trips. I also think the pool at POFQ will be a better fit for your family because your kids are so young. The slide at POFQ is shorter and the water is shallower where it enters the pool, plus you'll be able use the new water play area.

DPN likes this.
  15. Gabe1

Gabe1 Premium Member

Been regulars of both since 1991. My favorite is POR by far but unfortunately if you are heading to WDW for the Parks the FQ has it hands down, the bus service is a serious issue for POR and the FQ is by far superior.

Yet if you want to eat or use the lounge POR still the resort for amenities. Depends on what your looking for, the FQ did not come out for the better with their only dining choice. So disappointing. Hope they bring back their once stellar sit down restaurant abandoned after 9/11. It is past time for that.

DPN likes this.