French Quarter or Riverside?

Jackmaxclem

Original Poster
Hi
I have promised my 11 year old daughter a trip to Disney next Spring!! It will be just the two of us. My priorities are easy access to parks (shuttle buses) in moderately priced accommodation. Having looked at the two above complexes, I thought either one would fit the bill however was wondering how 'child' friendly they were....I'd really appreciate some feed back and am also open to other hotel suggestions. We have never been to WDW before so it's all a bit daunting!!! We are planning on spending 11 days. Thanks

Last edited:

PrincessRachelT

Both are awesome resorts and you can't go wrong! I personally like POR more than POFQ, but that's all a matter of taste. POFQ is smaller, yet POR has the "Magnolia Bend" section where the buildings look like big southern mansions. I'm not sure which is more "kid friendly" but they are wonderful and I'm sure your daughter will love either! You can always show her pictures and have her pick the resort :)

Lizcollins98

We love POR, just booked again for Sep/Oct 2017 and this will be our 5th time at this resort! The benefit of Riverside vs FQ is the slightly larger QS restaurant which IMO has a better selection at most courses. It won't make much difference as it is easy enough to walk between the resorts if you fancy a change of scenery

DizneyPryncess

I've stayed at both with my daughter, FQ twice and Riverside once (royal rooms). We prefer FQ, mainly for the smaller size. We like having everything close at hand, and not feeling like the resort is very crowded. Riverside was nice as well, very kid friendly. Things were just a farther walk for us, and there were more people since it's larger of course, but no problems. It's all personal preference, you can't go wrong either way.

jaklgreen

All Disney resorts are child friendly. That being said, we usually stay at POFQ. My girls love that resort because it is smaller and has the shortest walk to the bus and the food court. But you really can't go wrong with either. They are in a great location to get to the parks and to Disney Springs. You will have a great time.

BigRedDad

My $0.02 is for POR for the theming and activities. As far as buses, I recommend making that 10 minute walk to POFQ to save yourself at least 45 minutes each way. We learned that after Day 2 of our stay at POR. Another option which I think is even better is Coronado Springs. I think it is the best Moderate resort of all. Their buses are some of the best on property.

Tuvalu

UNLESS things have changed recently, you're not allowed to "pool hop". You can go sample the restaurants at other resorts but you're only supposed to use the pool of your own resort
Oh..ok, that's interesting, I will research further. Thanks for the 'heads-up'!
Since Riverside and French Quarter are "sister" resorts (both under the Port Orleans name) pool hopping is allowed between them :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom