Freestyle Cups: Review from Recent Visit

Richard C

Original Poster
We just returned from spending a week at Universal. Here are a few thoughts on the Freestyle cups:

1) If you have an annual pass, buy your cup and pay each day for your recharge inside a Universal restaurant. They will give you a discount, the kiosks outside do not.

2) You can refill the cup at a lot of places. The freestyle machines and at a lot of the restaurants and kiosks. You can even get ICEE refills from the kiosks with it. This was a big win for our kids!

3) When you are getting a refill at the Freestyle machine, DO NOT PICK UP the cup until you are finished. If you do, you will have to wait 10 minutes to come back and finish filling the cup.

4) I am cheap. There were 6 of us. We all shared one cup. Each kid took a turn getting what they wanted. When we sat down to eat, I have plastic cups in my backpack and we just split the drinks up between us.

5) Keep your receipt when you buy and recharge the cup. I saw several people try to fill cups that registered as invalid and they had to show their receipt to get a refill.

6) NOTE: As far as I could see there were no places to get Freestyle refills in either Harry Potter area, so fill up before you go in.

7) We drink a lot of water as well and thought that the water from the Freestyle machines might be better tasting than the nasty Florida water from the drinking fountains. Personally, I thought the regular water from the Freestyle machine tasted like nasty Florida water as well. The flavored Vitamin Waters were great though.

Annie123

We just returned from spending a week at Universal. Here are a few thoughts on the Freestyle cups:

1) If you have an annual pass, buy your cup and pay each day for your recharge inside a Universal restaurant. They will give you a discount, the kiosks outside do not.

2) You can refill the cup at a lot of places. The freestyle machines and at a lot of the restaurants and kiosks. You can even get ICEE refills from the kiosks with it. This was a big win for our kids!

3) When you are getting a refill at the Freestyle machine, DO NOT PICK UP the cup until you are finished. If you do, you will have to wait 10 minutes to come back and finish filling the cup.

4) I am cheap. There were 6 of us. We all shared one cup. Each kid took a turn getting what they wanted. When we sat down to eat, I have plastic cups in my backpack and we just split the drinks up between us.

5) Keep your receipt when you buy and recharge the cup. I saw several people try to fill cups that registered as invalid and they had to show their receipt to get a refill.

6) NOTE: As far as I could see there were no places to get Freestyle refills in either Harry Potter area, so fill up before you go in.

7) We drink a lot of water as well and thought that the water from the Freestyle machines might be better tasting than the nasty Florida water from the drinking fountains. Personally, I thought the regular water from the Freestyle machine tasted like nasty Florida water as well. The flavored Vitamin Waters were great though.
Great info and money saving tips

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom