Free Water!!!

Rob562

I'm also impressed, and surprised, that I've seen at least 2 posts in this thread (Michigan and Ohio) that have referred to 'pop'. In Canada we call it pop, but I was under the impression that all Americans call it 'soda'. :)

I think it's mostly the Great Lakes regions that call it "pop", from Western New York out toward Chicago. Some places call it "soda pop".

(Of course, here in New England you sometimes get a reference to "tonic"... :animwink:)

-Rob

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think it's mostly the Great Lakes regions that call it "pop", from Western New York out toward Chicago. Some places call it "soda pop".

(Of course, here in New England you sometimes get a reference to "tonic"... :animwink:)

-Rob

Of course in the south, we just call it Coke.

Check out this map of the US and what different areas call it:
http://www.evl.uic.edu/aej/526/pics/total-county.gif

Somebody had A LOT of spare time!

LadySiren

LOL, so true! I laughed the first time someone asked me, "What flavor Coke do you want?" When I answered, "Um, regular?", the person laughed and explained he meant did I want Coke, Pepsi, Sun Drop, or something else. ;)

Of course in the south, we just call it Coke.

ddbowdoin

oh I didn't know that! my gf tagged along her refillable water bottle (pretty sturdy, about 24oz nalgene) and we refilled every time we saw a bubbler. the water there tastes AWEFUL and is never cold... but considering we filled it up about 15 times (between 9am and 10 pm) it was worth saving ourselves valuable money.

24 oz nalgene... versus 20oz dasani (or whatever they serve) at 2.50 a pop = 2.50(15)= 37.50 a day in water. I'll take the free water

MAGICFLOP

I like bringing ice tea and lemonade packets and making my own drinks with the free tap water. It works out nicely and saves a few bucks.

I do the same thing for the kids, I buy the packs that are made for bottled water and I keep refilling them at the fountains. and I just keep refilling my water bottle at the fountains.

Rob562

oh I didn't know that! my gf tagged along her refillable water bottle (pretty sturdy, about 24oz nalgene) and we refilled every time we saw a bubbler. the water there tastes AWEFUL and is never cold... but considering we filled it up about 15 times (between 9am and 10 pm) it was worth saving ourselves valuable money.

24 oz nalgene... versus 20oz dasani (or whatever they serve) at 2.50 a pop = 2.50(15)= 37.50 a day in water. I'll take the free water

LOL, knew you were from Boston without even looking at the city in the title bar... ;-)

-Rob

wizards8507

LOL, knew you were from Boston without even looking at the city in the title bar... ;-)

-Rob

Haha don't give Boston credit for that! "Bubbler" came from Wisconsin and is now most prominently used in the great state of Rhode Island, home of Del's Lemonade, Coffee Milk, and Jimmies.

Regarding the water, there is actually a law that requires "victualizing establishments" (i.e. restaurants) to provide you with water free of charge. You can't be denied water ANYWHERE that service food, including McDonald's, etc etc. They CAN charge to cover the cost of the cup (my University charges $0.15 campus-wide), but the water itself is free.

ltlmissdisney

I like bringing ice tea and lemonade packets and making my own drinks with the free tap water. It works out nicely and saves a few bucks.

I do that all the time in restaurants at home but I didn't think about doing it for Disney. I'll add that to my packing list (for the trip we're not taking till December :D)

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
We typically fill ours at drinking fountains or the fountain drink machines when we get quick service.

I'm also impressed, and surprised, that I've seen at least 2 posts in this thread (Michigan and Ohio) that have referred to 'pop'. In Canada we call it pop, but I was under the impression that all Americans call it 'soda'. :)

For some reason, I was brought up to call it "Soda Pop", and to this day, I still do.lol. I wonder if anyone else calls it that.....

the1nonlysinger

I don't know if anyone's still following this thread any more... but I had something to add! When I went to WDW a couple years ago, I had heard of a certain water bottle (I think it was here at WDWMagic) that worked out amazing. It's called the Liv Pure.

www.fit-fresh.com/products/livpure/

They run about $10-15, but it's totally worth it. There's a filter in the top, so you're able to fill it from any tap or drinking fountain around the parks and I swear it tastes just like fresh water straight out of a Brita. We saved SO much on our last trip by buying this beforehand- and I'm definitely planning to bring it with us this time (maybe even buy a 2nd).

Happy hydration! :lol:

minniemickeyfan

We bring drink packets too when were not on the dining plan. At a quick service place we just ask for cups of ice water and then add the mixes. Huge savings versus over $2 a person:slurp: Other than that, we bring our own bottled water.

mrsdanalind

water tip

Why not buy a bottle at the beginning of your trip and then while you are at the parks you can ask to refill it with water from the soda fountains?
I bring a canteen from home, it's packable, easy to carry and a cheap refill, when we go for lunch I ask them to refill it with water, and then when I need to I go to a soda stand and get Ice put in so that it melts slowly and refills the canteen. works wonders, and I've probably saves a few bucks doing it. Also it doesn't present a problem with recycling or worrying about where to toss my garbage. :shrug::shrug:

OurDailyGruel

I used to work in a counter service place (not Disney) where the commercial ice maker got roaches INSIDE the ice cubes because the roaches had crawled into the water supply line and got made into ice cubes. I use a $6 Nathan freezer bottle from Amazon.com to make icy water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom