Free Water!!!

DZNYGRL614

Original Poster
Just found this tip out on our last day in the parks, but put it to use for at least part of a day. You can go to any drink station that has fountain drinks and ask for a glass of ice water. They will give it to you for FREE....beats paying $2.50 for a bottle!

EPCOTPluto

If I may say, I once asked for a cup of water in Earl of Sandwiches in DTD, and it was AWFUL.

Just another helpful tip. :animwink::)

DZNYGRL614

Original Poster
We asked at the bakery in France and got filtered water right from the pop fountain. Tasted just like bottled water....guess it depends on the restaurant/stop.

Lucky

Just found this tip out on our last day in the parks, but put it to use for at least part of a day. You can go to any drink station that has fountain drinks and ask for a glass of ice water. They will give it to you for FREE....beats paying $2.50 for a bottle!
I've done this several times. I don't mind the taste of the tap water when it's cold enough. But I know many people would never drink the Florida tap water.

yodasmith

I like bringing ice tea and lemonade packets and making my own drinks with the free tap water. It works out nicely and saves a few bucks.

MickeyPalNick

Water

Why not buy a bottle at the beginning of your trip and then while you are at the parks you can ask to refill it with water from the soda fountains?

DebS

In August we filled our refillable mugs with ice from the machines. We either ate the ice or once melted poured it into our bottles. I even put ice in my mister bottle because it has a large opening. You can never have too much ice. With the QS plan we got bottles of water instead of dessert.

all that sulfur is really good for your skin :) the taste isn't too bad, and it always reminds me of splash mountain.

We carry nalgenes in the park, i have a water filter at the room and we filter the tap and take it with us. Always plenty of propel packets or country time too. I'd much rather save my nickles for the TOTWL :p

lebeau

In 2003, my wife wasn't feeling well. I realized she had been drinking soda all day and been walking in the hot FL sun. She was dehydrated. I asked a guy at a snack stand for a cup of ice water and he refused. He said he wasn't allowed to give it out. I ran to the next snack stand and got a cup of ice water for free, but I just wanted to warn people they don't always say yes.

Rob562

In 2003, my wife wasn't feeling well. I realized she had been drinking soda all day and been walking in the hot FL sun. She was dehydrated. I asked a guy at a snack stand for a cup of ice water and he refused. He said he wasn't allowed to give it out. I ran to the next snack stand and got a cup of ice water for free, but I just wanted to warn people they don't always say yes.

What was the first guy selling? If he didn't have a water tap available, he wouldn't have been able to give you a cup of water. (And I doublt he'd give you a bottle of water for free)

Plus, the ice in the coolers they use for chilling the bottled beverages is not safe to be used for consumption. (MANY Guests ask them for cups of ice or just melted ice water from the coolers, and the CMs have to refuse.) Consumable ice is kept in separate holders and toted around in their own buckets, separate from the ones used for chilling bottles.

-Rob

Harry456

What was the first guy selling? If he didn't have a water tap available, he wouldn't have been able to give you a cup of water. (And I doublt he'd give you a bottle of water for free)

Plus, the ice in the coolers they use for chilling the bottled beverages is not safe to be used for consumption. (MANY Guests ask them for cups of ice or just melted ice water from the coolers, and the CMs have to refuse.) Consumable ice is kept in separate holders and toted around in their own buckets, separate from the ones used for chilling bottles.

-Rob

this is very true. It is easier to get Free Water from Indoor Quick Services places like BackLot Express, Casey's, etc because you will know they will have fountain pop. If you do outdoors QSF&B just make sure they have Fountain Pop first...otherwise they won't be able to give you free water. (Good example of outdoors ones are Rosie's or Eddie's, (i think) Mr. Potty's, Fish and Chips in U.K. etc, etc)

IMHO, why bring bottle water in the parks when these parks can give you free water? All you have to do is throw away the cup and ask and find another place that serves free water. I think it cumbersome carrying around a water bottle throughout the parks

glee

I always go to the fountains and fill up an empty bottle then tip it in my feet! HAHA. Cool em down. I also steal ice from the place that sells drinks near hall of presidents :D Cheeky cheeky :/

Rob562

I always go to the fountains and fill up an empty bottle then tip it in my feet! HAHA. Cool em down. I also steal ice from the place that sells drinks near hall of presidents :D Cheeky cheeky :/

Hope you don't mean the big bins of ice used for the bottled drinks... That ice is covered in whatever is on peoples' hands that reach in to get the bottles... Dirt, sweat, sunscreen, someone that didn't wash after using the restroom... :hurl:

So you might want to reconsider being "cheeky" next time... There's a reason why the CMs won't give you any of that ice if you ask. That's also why it's standard procedure for the CM to wipe off the bottled drinks when they sell them to you.

-Rob

toystoryma

if you go to one of the baby changing stations they have free filtered water you can get out of the coolers. I wouldnt go in there w/o a kid but just a fyi

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

:eek: Might as well steal some water out of the toilet while you're being so cheeky.

jeffk410

Why not buy a bottle at the beginning of your trip and then while you are at the parks you can ask to refill it with water from the soda fountains?

They will not do that for " Health Reasons" .... Didn't read the whole thread . I dont know if anyone responded to you. If so sorry.

Harry456

another place, is First Aid. The First Aid places always have nice COLD fresh water to drink from. Beside, i don't think the nurses would mind people ACTUALLY staying hydrated for a change.

dreamscometrue

We typically fill ours at drinking fountains or the fountain drink machines when we get quick service.

I'm also impressed, and surprised, that I've seen at least 2 posts in this thread (Michigan and Ohio) that have referred to 'pop'. In Canada we call it pop, but I was under the impression that all Americans call it 'soda'. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom