Free Parking where I can ride the monorail to Polynesian

Bocko57

Original Poster
I am wondering if there is free parking for those that are staying offsite to catch the monorail to the Polynesian Resort. I know we can park at the Polynesian and ride the monorail. I was just looking for a place to ride the monorail into the Polynesian but not have to pay for parking at Epcot or Magic Kingdom. Is there such a place?

Thanks.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
I suppose you could park at one of the other MK resorts like the Contemporary and just ride the loop. You'll have to tell the guard that you're there for a meal reservation, and they should give you a temporary parking pass (good for 3 hours I think?).

jrab0616

In order to get to the monorail, you'll first have to get to 1) TTC 2) Magic Kingdom 3) Epcot. You could always take a bus to one of these places, but I would suggest just parking at the Polynesian and than taking a ride on the resort monorail loop if you're looking for free parking.

Bocko57

Original Poster
We have reservations at 'Ohana's for breakfast, and I was just looking for monorail ride into the Resort instead of driving there. I guess we are stuck with the drive. We can ride the monorail after breakfast. Thanks for everyone's input.

Thanks.

topher

If you don't want to park at the Contemporary and then hop on the monorail you can catch the bus from Downtown Disney.
Ride the bus from DTD to the Contemporary and then transfer to the monorail. This will still allow for that magical arrival for your breakfast.

Bocko57

Original Poster
Thanks Topher! That is a good suggestion. I just have to see if Time is in the Cards for that adventure.

lilclerk

If you don't want to park at the Contemporary and then hop on the monorail you can catch the bus from Downtown Disney.
Ride the bus from DTD to the Contemporary and then transfer to the monorail. This will still allow for that magical arrival for your breakfast.
That's gonna be a looong trip. I don't know how often the DTD buses run in the mornings.

jrab0616

That's gonna be a looong trip. I don't know how often the DTD buses run in the mornings.

I was thinking that too. Especially if you have an early morning reservation (before MK opens). I think your best bet is going to just be to park at the Poly. It'll be free because you have a reservation and you can still ride the monorail. What could do is park and walk to the TTC and get on the monorail there and ride it one stop to the Poly if you REALLY want to ride the monorail into the resort.

meyeet

I was thinking that too. Especially if you have an early morning reservation (before MK opens). I think your best bet is going to just be to park at the Poly. It'll be free because you have a reservation and you can still ride the monorail. What could do is park and walk to the TTC and get on the monorail there and ride it one stop to the Poly if you REALLY want to ride the monorail into the resort.
I thought you could park at any of the resorts for free if you just wanted to look around? The only time they are strict is when they have a special event or something going on. But I would agree with driving to the Poly and parking there. I think walking in through the first floor front entrance and seeing the fountain is better than walking in from the monorail.

Wilt Dasney

DTD --(bus)--> Contemporary --(monorail)--> Poly seems needlessly convoluted when Contemporary --(monorail)--> Poly will get you the same desired result.

Unless the white lie of saying you're parking at the Contemporary to eat taxes your ethical constraints too much (really not even a lie since you are parking to eat, just not at *that* hotel), just park at the Contemporary. Whether you park at DTD, the Contemporary or the Poly, you're putting a car in a space somewhere on Disney property without paying for it. It's just a game of musical chairs once you've decided you're driving and not parking at the TTC.

topher

DTD --(bus)--> Contemporary --(monorail)--> Poly seems needlessly convoluted when Contemporary --(monorail)--> Poly will get you the same desired result.

Unless the white lie of saying you're parking at the Contemporary to eat taxes your ethical constraints too much (really not even a lie since you are parking to eat, just not at *that* hotel), just park at the Contemporary. Whether you park at DTD, the Contemporary or the Poly, you're putting a car in a space somewhere on Disney property without paying for it. It's just a game of musical chairs once you've decided you're driving and not parking at the TTC.

Yes, that's why I offered it as a suitable alternative to simply parking at the contemporary.
Definitely going to take a little extra time.
It's an adventure to the South Pacific, it's to be expected.

luv

I'm not sure what your actual goals are here. You could park at the GF or CR and monorail to the Poly. It would be silly to monorail there from the TTC since you could walk it a lot faster...unless your goal was to just ride the monorail.

Cmdr_Crimson

OR...Just elminate the idea of going to The Contemporary and just take the Polyneasian bus to the hotel..Simple as that..Why waste that time just to ride it to go there?

R W B

The OP said they have reservations for breakfast at the Poly, I could be wrong but I don't think DTD opens until 11am most days huh? So the buses wouldn't be running early enough for most breakfast meals I would think? Could be wrong though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom