FREE Disney Cruise 12/23-28

JeffH

Original Poster
Wonder if they let you sleep up on the deck? I'd love sleeping under the stars, although they'd probably get a lot of guests complaining about the ship blowing it's horn all night, only to discover it was me snoring.

JeffH

Original Poster
I realized today that it turns on on Friday, when I was upgrading my Annual Passports to Premium Annual Passports the CM made a mistake crediting my 'account' with $
314.20 twice.
The $314.20 was to pay off the 'monthly contract' left on our 2 existing APs through June (5 months), then he charged me the DVC price difference between the 2, about $29. I looked at Tasha's PAP and it was only through June 2013, when I expected it to be a full year, but I realized that I was no longer on a monthly contract so that was why. But today I noticed that MY PAP was good until 11/24/2013 ?!?, so in the confusion the CM managed to also credit the $314.20 to extend my PAP 5 months as well.
Considering how they stripped the PAP of it's 20% discount on 1/1/13, good for me.
Although as I write this I further realize that the way the CM did it, upgraded our passes for the year we had them, including the previous 6 months in which we didn't get PAP benefits for, so it was all messed up...
I expected them to cut our monthly contract, renew and upgrade the passes through 12/1213 and upgrade the monthly contract for the extra $2/month to pay for them.
So you can also look at the $314.20 as repayment for the 10% discounts we lost out on for the last 6 months (and access to Disney Quest).
So within about 4 days I won a $300 ship credit, a $388 bingo payout, and a $314.20 AP credit

CinderellyKelly

I realized today that it turns on on Friday, when I was upgrading my Annual Passports to Premium Annual Passports the CM made a mistake crediting my 'account' with $
314.20 twice.
The $314.20 was to pay off the 'monthly contract' left on our 2 existing APs through June (5 months), then he charged me the DVC price difference between the 2, about $29. I looked at Tasha's PAP and it was only through June 2013, when I expected it to be a full year, but I realized that I was no longer on a monthly contract so that was why. But today I noticed that MY PAP was good until 11/24/2013 ?!?, so in the confusion the CM managed to also credit the $314.20 to extend my PAP 5 months as well.
Considering how they stripped the PAP of it's 20% discount on 1/1/13, good for me.
Although as I write this I further realize that the way the CM did it, upgraded our passes for the year we had them, including the previous 6 months in which we didn't get PAP benefits for, so it was all messed up...
I expected them to cut our monthly contract, renew and upgrade the passes through 12/1213 and upgrade the monthly contract for the extra $2/month to pay for them.
So you can also look at the $314.20 as repayment for the 10% discounts we lost out on for the last 6 months (and access to Disney Quest).
So within about 4 days I won a $300 ship credit, a $388 bingo payout, and a $314.20 AP credit

It sounds like your Christmas generosity paid off :) :) :)

alissafalco

314.20 twice.

That's great, you almost made back everything you were under from the trip.

JeffH

Original Poster
It sounds like your Christmas generosity paid off :) :) :)
Never thought of it that way...I also gave a homeless guy $5 while filling up at the gas station while at WDW with Tasha. He was dancing to our playing the theme song from Wreck-It Ralph...he never really asked for any money, but I knew he needed some money for food and I figured a 5 would buy him a good meal.​

ChuckElias

Wonder if they let you sleep up on the deck?
I've done it. I could NOT stop coughing and didn't want to keep my whole family awake all night, so I took a blanket from the room and settled on a couple deck chairs for the night. Even with the blanket and a jacket, it was CHILLY in January.

(P.S. -- not the sun chairs by the pool. Those get stacked at night. But some of the regular chairs were still out and I sat on one and put my feet up on another.)

JeffH

Original Poster
Good to know, although, I'd probably un-stack a pool chair and try to sleep up on deck under the stars.
---
DCL never got back to me on this...does anyone have any information on the oxygen levels inside of the inside stateroom cabins? Is the air simply recirculated (resulting in declining O2 levels) or do they pipe in fresh air from somewhere? I've had a hard time getting my breath sometimes in the rooms due partially to my paranoia and as a result of a little sleep apnea cutting off my breathing for a bit. I had the same problem at my house until I installed inward and outward fans on each side of my bedroom. ...I'll probably repost this in a proper topic.

JeffH

Original Poster
So Allyn, what is it like to watch Megyn Price on Rules of Engagement now after our close encounter with her???
Did you see the 1st 2 new episodes?
For me she seem more real and right there like I was watching a play from the front row with her in it.

JeffH

Original Poster
I try not the think about how she couldn't even give us a glance or a smile, we deserved better...
I try to think about how she was 'right there' with us, and now she's right there on my TV, kissing the guy who kissed Ryan Reynolds' in the movie Ted (that I finally just watched and was far less entertaining than I expected).

Bloopers

This thread was so entertaining to read. Especially when it seemed like most of the conversation between you two were communicated through this thread. Glad you both had a great time!!

JeffH

Original Poster
Tasha (who couldn't go) and I had a magnificent time after I got back. We went up to WDW (of course) and enjoyed ALL the Xmas festivities at the Magic Kingdom (xmas parade, castle show, special fireworks, tomorrowland stage, snow on Main Street...) and we even got to watch Wishes from behind Main Street...in chairs with a DJ (that Tasha knew from all the dance parties she attended) playing music as we waited...(verses standing in a crowded street looking through the people in front of you), then we headed to the Polynesian where we watched the 12/30 NYEve fireworks from the quiet beach on lounge chairs covered with Mickey thermal blankets...it was heaven. Then on 12/31 we enjoyed Hollywood Studios and the Osborne Lights and when it came time to celebrate NYEve we were forced down to the front (entrance) of the street where we found a little spot left to wait until the fireworks. Much to our pleasure, this year, in addition to the regular fireworks above the hat, fireworks also shot up from all the stores lining the street, making what we thought was a marginal viewing spot, instead the best place to see all the fireworks from!!! We enjoyed the Arabian Nights Xmas show, and Tasha and I ate at the new "Be Our Guest" twice for lunch and T-Rex.
So, even though she missed out on the most special (and expensive) Disney cruise of the year, I think Tasha (and I) had a much better time celebrating Xmas and NYEve at Walt Disney World (yet again), then she would have on the cruise.
...and I got to do both...and got to meet Allyn...and got to walk off the cruise almost $400 richer after winning $300+$380 on the cruise (the 1st $300 covered tips and purchases), and Allyn got his own private Deluxe balcony room, giving me my own private room, and the extra passenger paid for did not go to waste.
Overall, everything worked out, well, MAGICAL.

Last edited:

JeffH

Original Poster
Tasha and I will be taking advantage of the recent Florida Resident Discounts to enjoy a 3-day cruise on the Disney Dream 8/15-18 for only $175/day for a deck 10 mid-ship (10058, drop by say hi) Deluxe Verandah room literally 1 flight of stairs away from the food court (ice-cream, pizza, burgers, wraps, fruit, salad, drinks), our room opens into the mid-ship stairway/elevators.
Tasha SO wanted to go on a cruise, so I was glad to get this deal (that I could barely afford).
I'm VERY excited about this cruise.
This will be our first verandah room together, and she loves being up high when we stay at the Pop-Century, so the deck 10 ocean-view verandah overlook should be awesome!!! No filler, just the 3 main shows: Golden Mickey's, Villains, Believe, and (hopefully) our 'regular' server Alex will serve us all the delicious food (I'm on a diet right now!!!). Pirate night, night 2...did I mention that our room is just one flight down from the main deck?
Almost didn't get this cruise, due to her mother failing to respond to my messages. We missed the 8/1 and 8/8 discounts on account of this, however she finally got back with me about the (newly added) 8/15 cruise. We argued about Tasha needing her photo-ID (she finally 'realized' Tasha DID need it, she however won't let Tasha take her passport <she has control issues>), and when I got home the discounted rooms were still available, including the specific one I wanted (the normally most expensive one, 5C on decks 9 and 10), and then I was SO excited to find one room on deck 10 mid-ship overlooking the stairs realizing that the food court would be literally the same distance it is from my bedroom, down my stairs, and around to my kitchen at my house!!! And of course the mid-ship elevators deliver you to the all of the action (except for Vibe).
I've already bought several magnetic dry-erase boards for the door (actually 2 are Black with a pink and green pens, and 1 is grey with a black pen) and a mirror, and socks...

ChuckElias

Tasha and I will be taking advantage of the recent Florida Resident Discounts to enjoy a 3-day cruise on the Disney Dream 8/15-18 for only $175/day for a deck 10 mid-ship (10058, drop by say hi) Deluxe Verandah room
1) Congrats on getting the resident deal. If I lived in Florida, I'd be on the ship 20 weeks a year!

2) You'll LOVE the verandah. My wife absolutely lives for breakfast, delivered by room service, on the verandah. I think you'll be hooked.

3) On our Dream cruise, we had cabin 10525 (an inside cabin, not verandah) and we had noise issues. I'm not trying to discourage you or anything like that. Just sharing our experience. My hope is that being in an outside cabin will lessen any noise effects of the area we were in. I just thought you might want to be aware of the possibility before you got there.

JeffH

Original Poster
shes a cutie jeff:)
Tasha is awesome...she's got to be the happiest kid in the world (having a dad that takes her to WDW every other weekend, all the ice shows, cruises, sure helps that situation), never whines, argues, cusses, very responsible, never destructive, reliable, friendly, outgoing, helpful, appreciative, and when she was younger she was SO adorable that the cast members (and her teachers) all singled her out for special attention.

JeffH

Original Poster
we had noise issues
Considering the loud roar I make snoring, I doubt I'll have any problems with the noise, and we generally stay up late so by the time we go to bed the ship will be asleep as well. Either way I can sleep anywhere anytime and frequently take a nap while riding Universe of Energy, watching Circle of Life or American Adventure (after seeing them over 200 times before). It is, however a little tough to sleep while on Dinosaur;-)
I think we did room service each morning on my 1st cruise, however I avoided it thereafter preferring to enjoy a full service breakfast and/or lunch in one of the fancy restaurants.
And this isn't my first Varandah room, I chose a Navigator's Varandah on my first cruise, unfortunately my ex-wife and her mother hi-jacked my daughter away from me into their cheap inside stateroom even though it was my vacation (which I FOOLISHLY invited them to join us on), during my half of the summer and I was the one paying NVrates for Tasha to stay in their Inside Stateroom...so this will be her actual first Verandah that she can actually enjoy. The ex-wife is a real piece...she refuses to 'give up' Tasha's passport referring to it as too important of a document to give to me...I'd like to ask her, "why is it so important?" "if Tasha can't use it when she needs it, isn't it basically worthless?"...so now if Tasha has an accident on board (heaven forbid), they won't be able to fly her back for emergency medical attention because her mother is a control freak?!?

JeffH

Original Poster
we had noise issues
I'm even considering sleeping out on the Verandah, if it's cool enough...
I've had a tendency to freak out waking up at night short of breath (due to sleep apnea and the fact that it is pretty near impossible to stack up those big puffy pillow so I can sleep at a 45 degree angle so my throat doesn't close up on me...), and thinking that in an inside stateroom where does the new air come from???...since the hallways are equally closed off I start thinking that the whole area is oxygen deficient (I started a whole thread about this earlier this year asking how the cruise ships handle this condition?)...now I can rest assured that I'm only a few feet away from absolute fresh air and that my room has direct access to that fresh air.
I plan on trying a trick with my luggage to help keep the pillows stacked up so I can sleep ok.
I'm also losing weight (I'm already the lightest I've been in a decade), since it's the excess weight that makes the apnea worse.

JeffH

Original Poster
They've got even a better deal on the newly refurbished (with AquaDunk) Disney Magic out of Miami in November...5-day Western Caribbean cruises for only $125/night!!! With 2 stops and 2 days at sea (and I guess 1 at Castaway Cay). Category 11C Standard Inside stateroom. Does not include Thanksgiving week cruises.
And considering that the Christmas Decorations will be up November 9-December 31, these are extra special cruises at an extra special price!!!
Choose from the following 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruises:
11/1 Itinerary B (NO XMAS DECORATIONS ON THIS CRUISE) $1382/For 2
11/10 Itinerary A (YES, CHRISTMAS!!!) $1389/For 2 Cozumel and Castaway Cay (NO Grand Cayman)
11/15 Itinerary B (YES, CHRISTMAS!!!) $1382/For 2 Grand Cayman and Cozumel (NO Castaway Cay)
11/29 Itinerary B (YES, CHRISTMAS!!!) $1396/For 2 Grand Cayman and Cozumel (NO Castaway Cay)
The number of staterooms allocated for this offer is limited, so book through September 30, 2013 to take advantage of these special rates.
HERE IS THE DESCRIPTION...
This holiday season, delight in magical merriment at sea on the Very Merrytime Cruises—new to Disney Cruise Line—available on sailings departing November 9 to December 31, 2013! Share seasonal splendor with loved ones as you enjoy a twist on holiday traditions.

A winter wonderland awaits you aboard each ship. Discover a festive fusion of holiday-themed entertainment, activities and décor—with a life-sized gingerbread house, 24-foot Christmas tree, garlands, poinsettias, shimmering lights and more!
Other holiday enhancements include:
  • Deck the Deck Tropical Holiday Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night, with candy-cane limbo, dancing and games
  • King Triton's Tree Lighting Ceremony, where kids can help light the tree and kick off the holiday festivities
  • Santa Claus meet-and-greet, an exciting opportunity to take family pictures and see Santa and his elves
  • Meet-and-Greets with some favorite Disney Characters, dressed in their holiday attire
  • Teen-only and tween-only holiday parties—private celebrations where teens and tweens can hang out with new friends
  • Holiday storytelling, with new and old tales about holidays at sea and around the world
  • Themed activities and crafts for kids—decorate stockings, make holiday cards, go on a holiday scavenger hunt and more
  • A life-sized gingerbread house made completely with edible ingredients—and the opportunity to make your own gingerbread house!
  • Holiday merchandise available for this event
Plus, on December 24 and 25, enjoy additional holiday experiences:
  • Cookies on Christmas Eve
  • Special holiday towel animals
  • Special holiday surprise
  • Holiday caroling with the kids and crew
  • Religious Services
When you celebrate winter holidays with Disney Cruise Line, you can spend more quality time together with loved ones as you sail from one spectacular port to the next.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom