Free dining

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
You have to do the math to see if it's worth it. Four adults in one room, if you were going to buy your tickets with hoppers as a package anyway -- and assuming you will use all the dining and snack credits -- likely worth it.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/is...-walt-disney-world-really-worth-it-2017-04-25
Fair enough, when we run the numbers the deal doesn't make sense for just me and my wife. Unfortunately not enough to entice us to stay at a Disney Hotel but we will most likely stay at the Swan or Dolphin.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Fair enough, when we run the numbers the deal doesn't make sense for just me and my wife. Unfortunately not enough to entice us to stay at a Disney Hotel but we will most likely stay at the Swan or Dolphin.

Unless you have 17 kids in tow, the dining plan often doesn't make sense. Especially true now that only the Deluxe resorts get regular dining and you have to add the park hopper to the ticket. Generally, the room discount is the better option especially if you're buying your tickets from a third party.

Glasgow

Too bad there is no standard room availability for the Free Dining discount for any resort that we want to stay at (as verified today on the website). Choosing the $18k suite slightly defeats the purpose of said discount .. just my opinion.

ryguy

I haven't seen any reasonable room rates for this offer, its a scam. Between no October, only deluxe resorts for the standard dining this a joke. I vote for Disney just eliminating this offer in its current state. I don't use the food plan, but I feel bad for the people who like to use this promotion.

DisneyJoe

I haven't seen any reasonable room rates for this offer, its a scam. Between no October, only deluxe resorts for the standard dining this a joke. I vote for Disney just eliminating this offer in its current state. I don't use the food plan, but I feel bad for the people who like to use this promotion.
It isn't a room discount, you pay rack rate and get the dining plan free

GCTales

It does not save money for some people, but there are plenty of people for whom the free dining promotion saves them money.. look back in the thread to the posts of some of the people where they ran the calcs and it saved them money.

I have had trips where it saved me money and trips where the room discount was a better deal.

Disney.Mike

For my group. 2 adults, DD 10 DD 7 DD 4, the free dining plan and staying at a deluxe resort is cheaper than staying at a value with the rack rate discount (all star suite) and adding the standard DDP.

The Boardwalk Inn with free dining is the same price as the all stars suite with rack rate discount and adding in a QS dining plan.

draybook

We qualify as middle class but Free Dining has enabled us to enjoy good meals on property that we might not have tried without it. Yes, the numbers work for us to use this promotion, especially with my appetite and that of our 16 year old son. But to look at "lower income" people as a problem to your dining experience, I just hope that was a joke.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom