1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Free dining

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by kikamom, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Ciara

Ciara Well-Known Member

I wouldn't make any decisions or assumptions until the deal is actually out but it is seeming pretty likely. They already have this set up for UK guest who get free dining so it seems more than possible. Are you against staying in a value? Staying at a value and upgrading from quick service would end up being cheaper than getting a free standard dining plan while staying at a moderate... But it all depends on if your willing to stay at a value.

jaklgreen likes this.
  2. GrimGrinningGhost15

GrimGrinningGhost15 Well-Known Member

We actually originally planned for value and then upgrading from QS to DP and paying the difference but my husband made an excel (yes, he is one of us ;)) comparing the dining prices, and even compared out of pocket to DD, as in picked an item on each menu from each restaurant and compared pricing haha. Basically he found that if we stayed at a value and upgraded from QS to regular DP it was only a savings of maybe $10-15 a day. Which for us, we decided was worth the shorter bus rides, more of a "grown up" feel and overall the theme of the CSR resort which we love and stayed at for our honeymoon. But we also stayed at an all-star in 2014 and it was really nice so not opposed with the values at all!

Andrew M and Ciara like this.
  3. Ciara

Ciara Well-Known Member

I did the exact same thing with the comparing prices, even down to picking things out! That is too funny. We also wanted a little nicer resort so we booked CSR figuring it wouldn't be too much more if we got the free dining. Staying at CSR with free diding maxed us out price wise so, I haven't made any changes yet, but if they do announce just quick services for the mods, we will be going back to value

4. Capsin4

Capsin4 Active Member

Yes, all the exclusions are based on their need to fill rooms as is the number of available rooms for the promotion. You can price shop now...just look up nondiscounted packages with parkhopper and you should get a good guess. To be safe, you might want to price a nonstandard room as well, as it seems there are at least more available than standard views. Depending on how many in your party, you may want to compare free dining to the room discount as well. Port Orleans is our favorite resort but we'll probably downgrade or move this fall depending on the promotion. If you have 3 or 4 in your party over the age of 3, it's almost always better to get the dining promotion, especially at the mods/values.

Ciara likes this.
  5. Andrew M

Andrew M Member

Ha! I thought I was just being a nerdy engineer with my Disney cost analysis spreadsheets.. glad I'm not alone!

Ryan Brandon likes this.
  6. GrimGrinningGhost15

GrimGrinningGhost15 Well-Known Member

Agreed! If QS only is offered for mods we will be headin right on over to value... if anything is still available!
    haha!! I knew we weren't alone! My SIL and her boyfriend are coming with us this coming fall. She hasn't been since she was a kid and he has never gone, so we had them over for wine and disney planning 101... when I pulled up all our spreadsheets I think they thought we were both a little crazy. They will thank us both when we get the best deals and have an awesome trip though :D

YourHumbleServant, Andrew M and Ciara like this.
  7. draybook

draybook Well-Known Member

No, you'll still be able to keep Free Dining AND the GCs.

Andrew M likes this.
  8. Disney Ron

Disney Ron New Member

Free Dining will be dropped on Monday.

Quick Service for Values and Moderates.

No early release for Disney Visa holders.

I am Timmy, draybook, Greg H and 2 others like this.
  9. ShookieJones

ShookieJones Always Assume Ignorance Premium Member

Are you saying it's quick service ONLY for moderates or are they offering TS for moderates as well?

Ciara likes this.
  10. Uncle Lupe

Uncle Lupe Well-Known Member

I predict this will not benefit me.

11. draybook

Quick service only. You'll have to pay the difference to upgrade. We'll be downgrading to value.

ShookieJones and Ciara like this.
  12. Disney Ron

Disney Ron New Member

Here is the offer in a nutshell:

It will be released on Monday 4/24.

Values and Mods get QSDP and Deluxe get DDP.

It will not be released early for Disney Visa holders.

You must purchase a PH or PH+ ticket. No Base tickets.

POR is included for Aug and Sept but excluded for Nov and Dec.

And when you purchase the Free Dining package you will also receive a Disney Ron bobblehead with your order.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Tyaloo, ShookieJones and Greg H like this.
  13. ShookieJones

ShookieJones Always Assume Ignorance Premium Member

Thanks guys. It's been a while since we've been able to take advantage of free dining.
    Unfortunately we usually do TS at night. Based on what you guys are saying (as far paying the difference to upgrade to TS) it sounds like we might still save a couple of bucks, but not as much as I was expecting. This may end up being one of the most expensive moderate stays we've ever done by a long shot. ugh.

Uncle Lupe and draybook like this.
  14. draybook

I hear ya, buddy. We're going to end up dropping down to a value and paying the difference for the DDP. It'll save us about $1500.

Ciara likes this.
  15. Magical Dreamer

Magical Dreamer Well-Known Member

Going for value as well....patiently waiting....

Capsin4 likes this.
  16. Capsin4

Capsin4 Active Member

The offer dropped about 5:30. I booked one room and then got messages that the offer wasn't available when trying to book the second. It just went through and seems to still be up.

17. Rsj88

Rsj88 Active Member

Just booked mine a few minutes ago! Yay!!!

18. Spectro

Spectro Active Member

ive gone for ssr studio. Was between that and kidani but decided although I prefer theme and rooms I like the springs location better for restaurants and shopping.

19. Stefan8

Stefan8 Member

What about the Visa cardholders early dates?

20. disneydad1000

disneydad1000 Active Member

There is not going to be early dates for all of us cardholders, unfortunately.