Free dining with a split stay? Will I need to change?

JChoma

We are staying at CBR 11/26-11/30 and CSR 11/30-12/3, 7 nights total. We decided the $75 gift card offer for CBR was a nice incentive to stay there a few nights, in spite on the construction, but my kids are super excited about the CSR pool so we split the stay. They are considered separate reservations. I'm seeing rumors that Free Dining will be available 11/25-11/27, so if we check in on 11/26, we'd be eligible. But, since we're technically checking out on 11/30 and checking in to a new resort that same day- and FD isn't available on 11/30 per the rumors- does that mean FD would only apply to the first part of our stay? Does anyone have experience with this? I'm wondering if I should change our reservation to a full week at the same resort or just wait to make any changes until details are released.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Each reservation is considered a different stay. So a dining plan (free or paid) for your 4 night stay at CBR would expire at midnight on 11/30 (as all credits expire at midnight on check out day, even if you change to another resort.)

Upvote 0

JChoma

Original Poster
Each reservation is considered a different stay. So a dining plan (free or paid) for your 4 night stay at CBR would expire at midnight on 11/30 (as all credits expire at midnight on check out day, even if you change to another resort.)
Shoot. That's what I figured. I actually got the dining plan (paid) with our package, figuring I could decide later whether to keep it or replace with free dining. I'm kicking myself for booking a split stay :/ Now I'm wondering if it's worth it to stay at CBR the whole time, assuming it's eligible for the FD promo AND we can still get our $75/night gift cards the first four nights of our stay. We were really hoping to try 2 different resorts! But the added expense might not be worth it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom