Free Dining News????

Weather_Lady

Last year the only rooms at CBR that qualified for free dining were the pirate rooms

They must have included some preferred rooms at CBR as well -- at least, they did when the "second wave"of free dining rooms was released -- because that's what we were able to book with free dining for 11/15-21 last year, which meant over $300 of our "free" dining savings was eaten up by a room upgrade.

Upvote 0

Greg H

They must have included some preferred rooms at CBR as well -- at least, they did when the "second wave"of free dining rooms was released -- because that's what we were able to book with free dining for 11/15-21 last year, which meant over $300 of our "free" dining savings was eaten up by a room upgrade.

Same with us. We had a preferred room at CBR with FD for 14 days (Nov 26-). We got it right when FD dropped but in July some standard rooms opened and we grabbed one of those. Now I do think it is a different ballgame this year compared to last, but I would say just keep trying. People will be cancelling...

Upvote 0

AmandaS.

We were in a standard room at CBR last year with free dining from 9/24 to 10/1. I believe I got the room in the second wave of rooms released though. I was up at 4am the day free dining opened last year and couldn't find much for CBR. I stalked the site until one opened.

Upvote 0

GrimGrinningGhost15

We were in a standard room at CBR last year with free dining from 9/24 to 10/1. I believe I got the room in the second wave of rooms released though. I was up at 4am the day free dining opened last year and couldn't find much for CBR. I stalked the site until one opened.

Do you remember roughly when the second wave of rooms opened up? I have heard next week, and I have heard 2 weeks from monday.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

Do you remember roughly when the second wave of rooms opened up? I have heard next week, and I have heard 2 weeks from monday.
One tip is after midnight tomorrow and all day Friday keep checking online as often as you can because travel agents can put a courtesy holds on rooms, but if the deposit is not made after 72 hours they will release the hold and put the rooms back up for grabs

Upvote 0

pajammies

@ninjaprincesst
I checked early this morning for that reason. No Pop yet.
If travel agents put three day holds on free dining packages on Monday, wouldn't they be canceling them throughout the day today? Is there a reason they release tonight at midnight versus throughout the day today?
I realize they will continue to cancel tomorrow and going forward, but I'm wondering why you are saying to check after midnight tonight?

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

@ninjaprincesst
I checked early this morning for that reason. No Pop yet.
If travel agents put three day holds on free dining packages on Monday, wouldn't they be canceling them throughout the day today? Is there a reason they release tonight at midnight versus throughout the day today?
I realize they will continue to cancel tomorrow and going forward, but I'm wondering why you are saying to check after midnight tonight?
They don't count Monday they will give them all day Tues, Wed, Thursday but at midnight tonight they will start cancelling with the first ones placed on hold and all through out Friday you will see things become available.

Upvote 0

Raegansmommy

One tip is after midnight tomorrow and all day Friday keep checking online as often as you can because travel agents can put a courtesy holds on rooms, but if the deposit is not made after 72 hours they will release the hold and put the rooms back up for grabs

Thank you for posting this. I checked at midnight last night, but no new options. (I probably should have just went to bed as I'm dragging a bit at work.) Then I checked again this morning and was able to book CBR. Thank you!

Upvote 0

pajammies

Thank you for posting this. I checked at midnight last night, but no new options. (I probably should have just went to bed as I'm dragging a bit at work.) Then I checked again this morning and was able to book CBR. Thank you!

Same here!
Thanks @ninjaprincesst Went to check just after 11:00 last night (figuring in the time difference) and nothing, but something woke me up at 1:23 and there was a standard Pop room ready to be snagged.
To be honest, I'm not even sure we are going yet, but I wanted the room just in case.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

The overnight process to release rooms begins sometime after midnight but can take a few hours to finish, so checking exactly at midnight may or may not benefit you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom