FP Using The New Wrist Band..

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Sorry if this question is out there already..:oops:...Simple question..Easy answer please..So in 2015 I get my new super duper band and I'am at Soarin at 0830..Will I be able to get a FP for this attraction via my band.?..Now remember..I won't be taking any phones..tablets..or beam me up Scotty devices to WDW..:confused:

The grand plan is for the FP stations specific to rides to go away. There will be FP+ kiosks in the parks that you'll be able to access with your disney.com account to make and change FP+ reservations. But the process of going to a ride to get a FP with your park admission media is going away, at least according to what I've seen.

I hope they will eventually let you use the kiosks and your admission media without having to know and remember your password. But that's my idle speculation. I've not seen anything from Disney suggesting they will or will not add that feature to the program.

The Magic Band or Keys to the World Card will be your "ticket" to the FP queue. You won't get a little slip of paper with your return time anymore.

Tom

Beta Return
Sorry if this question is out there already..:oops:...Simple question..Easy answer please..So in 2015 I get my new super duper band and I'am at Soarin at 0830..Will I be able to get a FP for this attraction via my band.?..Now remember..I won't be taking any phones..tablets..or beam me up Scotty devices to WDW..:confused:

If things go how I predict they will, getting an on-demand FP+ will be like trying to get an ADR the day-of, in the middle of summer. There just won't be any available, I fear.

You'll want to get FP+ for your must-do rides as far in advance as you can.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If things go how I predict they will, getting an on-demand FP+ will be like trying to get an ADR the day-of, in the middle of summer. There just won't be any available, I fear.

You'll want to get FP+ for your must-do rides as far in advance as you can.
Has any info been released on how much if any faspasses will be help back for day of?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Unless it popped up here in a thread, I haven't seen anything official, or unofficial.
Nor have I. I do have my doubts that Disney will let all of the fastpasses to go to advance reservations like they do for ADRs. I see only down sides for them if they went that route.

lazyboy97o

Nor have I. I do have my doubts that Disney will let all of the fastpasses to go to advance reservations like they do for ADRs. I see only down sides for them if they went that route.
But like dining, there is the allure of better knowing demand to allow for more precise scheduling. Even if Disney does start off holding reservations for day-of, I cannot see the corporate culture allowing this to last.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But like dining, there is the allure of better knowing demand to allow for more precise scheduling. Even if Disney does start off holding reservations for day-of, I cannot see the corporate culture allowing this to last.
The difference between dining and fastpass is there is money involved when it comes to dining. An empty table at a restaurant is money lost. Most attractions already run at capacity already and there is no profit lost by an empty ride vehicle giving no real incentive to book fastpasses to capacity in advance.

ddrongowski

Hey I not even supposed to be able to get the bands or fp+ yet. But the bands are being shipped to me and check out my FP+ selections that I got online. Things that make you go hmmmm? Maybe Disney realizes how much money I give them? NAHHHHH.

FastPass+
Update
Saturday, October 12, 2013 - Magic Kingdom® Park
Haunted Mansion® 3:00 - 4:00 pm
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® 4:40 - 5:40 pm
Space Mountain® 6:40 - 7:40 pm
View on My Plans
Update
Sunday, October 13, 2013 - Disney's Hollywood Studios®
Toy Story Midway Mania! 3:25 - 4:25 pm
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 5:10 - 6:10 pm
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith 6:20 - 7:20 pm
View on My Plans
Update
Monday, October 14, 2013 - Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Kilimanjaro Safaris® 12:10 - 1:10 pm
Kali River Rapids® 1:45 - 2:45 pm
Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain® 3:05 - 4:05 pm
View on My Plans
Update
Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - Epcot®
Mission: SPACE® 4:15 - 5:15 pm
Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet® 5:25 - 6:25 pm
Soarin'® 7:05 - 8:05 pm
View on My Plans
Update
Thursday, October 17, 2013 - Disney's Hollywood Studios®
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith 12:00 - 1:00 pm
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 2:00 - 3:00 pm
Toy Story Midway Mania! 5:25 - 6:25 pm
View on My Plans
Update
Friday, October 18, 2013 - Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain® 12:55 - 1:55 pm
Kali River Rapids® 2:15 - 3:15 pm
Kilimanjaro Safaris® 3:45 - 4:45 pm
View on My Plans
Update
Saturday, October 19, 2013 - Magic Kingdom® Park
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Space Mountain® 2:00 - 3:00 pm
Haunted Mansion® 6:30 - 7:30 pm
View on My Plans

Rob562

I hope they will eventually let you use the kiosks and your admission media without having to know and remember your password. But that's my idle speculation. I've not seen anything from Disney suggesting they will or will not add that feature to the program.

If you're using your Band/RFID Card at the kiosk, there is no need to log in. Simply touching the Band to the reader brings up your account for FP+ access. (This has been shown in a number of online videos from people demonstrating the FP+ system)

You only need to log in when you're using your phone or the website.

-Rob

If you're using your Band/RFID Card at the kiosk, there is no need to log in. Simply touching the Band to the reader brings up your account for FP+ access. (This has been shown in a number of online videos from people demonstrating the FP+ system)

You only need to log in when you're using your phone or the website.

-Rob

Hadn't seen that one before. I guess it makes sense that would be available right away.

Thanks for the info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom