FP+ Usage Advice Needed

grmax5

Original Poster
I am currently planning a trip over Memorial Day weekend. On Saturday, May 24, we will be spending the morning in AK and then the afternoon in HS. I am trying to decide if it is better to use the 3 FP+ in AK for the Safari, EE and Dinosaur or to save them for TSM, TT and Star Tours at HS. I am leaning towards saving them for the afternoon at HS but I am looking for advice to confirm. Will we be able to get the 3 AK rides in without FP+ in the morning? We have lunch reservations in HS at Sci-Fi Dine-in at 2:30pm Thanks in advance for your help.

SAV

If you are at AK at rope drop and head straight back to the Safari, then right over to EE after that, you should be more than fine. Not sure in the new FP+ world, but Dinosaur was always a more manageable line.

TSMM without a FP is gonna cost you over 90 minutes, probably more over the holiday time.

Weather_Lady

We're doing the same thing -- an AK morning with no FP+, so we can save them for another park later. You are absolutely doing the most efficient thing by saving your FP+ for HS.

For what it's worth, here is our half-day touring plan (Note that it's for Wed., 5/7, which has an EMH, so we'll be arriving about half an hour before the 8:00am EMH park opening). I've run it through touringplans to ensure that we can get it all done in this time frame, even with a "slower than average" walking pace. Of course, it does not cover everything. Notably, there are no meet-and-greets and we're not visiting Rafiki's Planet Watch, etc.:

[Arrive at rope drop.]
(1) Kilimanjaro Safaris
(2a) Adults: Pangani Forest Trail (gorillas) and Maharajah Trail (tigers)
(2b) Kids: Expedition Everest (x2) and Kali River Rapids
(3) Everyone meet back up about 9:45 am for “It's Tough to Be a Bug!”
(4) Dinosaur
(5a) Adults, if desired: Primeval Whirl
(5b) Kids: TriceraTop Spin
(6) 11:00am Finding Nemo or 10:30am Flights of Wonder
[LUNCH - Flame Tree BBQ or Yak & Yeti]
(7) 12:00pm Finding Nemo or 1:00pm Flights of Wonder
[Leave park, stopping to peruse Discovery Island exhibits as desired.]

CheshireCat12

I would absolutely get the FP+ selections at DHS- It will be a holiday weekend AND its a Star Wars Weekend too, so it will be crazy packed with other guests. I would go to AK for rope drop and ride everything standby- it's usually pretty manageable to ride EE, KS and Dinosaur standby before 11:00 if you get there at rope drop. Do the Safari, then Everest, then Dinosaur. Make sure to schedule the DHS fastpasses scheduled for later in the afternoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom