FP+ Selection Window

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
Does it open at midnight of the first day of the selection window or is it at 6am of that same day?

CaptainAmerica

Depends on when the particular park closes 61 days prior. For example, if MK has EMH until 1:00 AM on the 61st day, you won't be able to book FP+ until 1:00 AM.

Usual disclaimer: Doesn't matter though, you'll get what you want without booking them in the middle of the night (except maybe Anna & Elsa and/or Mine Train if you have a large party or it's Christmas Eve or something).

stevehousse

Just remember that it is Eastern time that the fps open up with. I was able to do my FP picks starting at 11pm in Chicago. The park had closed at 10pm that day.

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
So the window opened at midnight EST and I got them all booked BUT I do have to say that I do not like how Disney gives you 4 options of time slots for the rides you choose.
I thought they would give me all available times and I would choose from a drop down or something, similar to dining.
The fact that you are limited to 4 time slots, stinks, I'm not gonna lie.
But, the fact of the matter is: 60 days until we go!

stevehousse

Um you do know you aren't tied down to those times. Yes at first you get the 4 options but you just go back and adjust the time to another one...they will list all times still available that day!

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
Um you do know you aren't tied down to those times. Yes at first you get the 4 options but you just go back and adjust the time to another one...they will list all times still available that day!

I did not know that...first time using FP+;
So if I go on modify it will give me all options?

stevehousse

Got to modify FP. It will give you the option to change the time or change the experience. It'll give you a list of all available times for the day.

JohnD

So the window opened at midnight EST and I got them all booked BUT I do have to say that I do not like how Disney gives you 4 options of time slots for the rides you choose.
I thought they would give me all available times and I would choose from a drop down or something, similar to dining.
The fact that you are limited to 4 time slots, stinks, I'm not gonna lie.
But, the fact of the matter is: 60 days until we go!

I don't like it either. Yes, as others have confirmed, you have complete flexibility to choose other time slots or "experiences", assuming they are available. I would prefer having this up front like ADRs as you have said instead of their giving you four "options". I always choose whichever one gives me my three FP in the order I want then change the times anyway.

If you want to reorder them, it can be some work. For example, let's say you want to switch the 1st and 2nd FP that you picked. Either the first or the second has to to be moved out of the way to a time you don't want. So, let's say you move the 1st one to late evening. Then move the 2nd FP to the time of the first, then move the 1st again to the time of the second.

Then within any timeframe, you can switch the "experience", assuming a FP for another one is available within the same time slot.

So, it can be done but it does take a lot of work and patience.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom