FP+ only Toy Story Midway Mania

weedles

I didnt see this posted anywhere, if its old news please delete....

Testing to run through Friday TSMM will be FP+ only (no standby or DAS)

Attachments

• tsmm.jpg
    tsmm.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 394

danv3

Weak. I will be there next week and will be very disappointed if this is still being tested then.

In a park with so little to do, you'd think they'd want people to ride TSMM more than once.

rct247

I just read about this and a friend working at Toy Story Midway Mania confirmed it. She also told me that it is not working very well. Now, it is only day 1 of this test and within the first 2 hours of it, but still like we didn't see that coming.

I just can't believe they think this is what guests want. No one likes to wait in lines. All their research shows that as their biggest complaint, but for theme parks and amusement parks have had lines for decades if not a century. To attempt to get rid of lines completely (in a way) goes completely against what guests expect and therefore causes more of an issue than it is worth. To tack on the fact that DAS and GR can't even get around this test will just add to those who are already outraged. While testing with actual guests is a necessary evil to truly capture the data and see the issues, I just hate that it is being tested on guests who paid good money.

Here is something I thought of though, what if not only is Disney trying this out for more people on the streets visiting shops and such and to improve those guest scores that say they hate long line, but instead they are also gearing up to combat the DAS lawsuit. What if getting rid of the lines in this manner and requiring everyone to use FP+ for everything (essentially getting return times) is they way that Disney can settle things once and for all? Just a thought, I really doubt it because it has some flawed logic, but the though has crossed my mind.

Overall opinion though: Dumb. Good luck to all the cast working TSMM and Guest Relations this week.

Bolt

I can only guess they need to test this because if they are really expanding the attraction as speculated on here, the queue will probably be relocated and be shut down for a period of time. Testing it on a slow week I assume too to see how the process will work.

JimboJones123

To be fair -- FPs for TSMM have been out for days in advance these days. Not sure how many actual bodies through the ride via FP this translates too, but it least it is some kind of effort to please those not able to get FPs inaddition to the ability to test the new functionality of the added queue.

Goofyernmost

You know what that means? It means that it is exactly the same as what WDW was for years and years. Single line, next one there is next to go. And FP's will available for everyone. If you could ride before you will be able to ride now. It still takes the same number of people per hour with or without a FP.

Tell you what though... They couldn't pay me enough money to work in Guests Services during that time. :jawdrop:

JimboJones123

One question, if guests aren't showing up fortheir FP times, will the attraction be sending empty vehicles through?

Or if more than projected numbers of FPs do show up, how long could the FP queue get?

Without a variable of a standup line to offset supply/demand of FPs through the hours of the day, will the attraction have surplus or shortage issues? Especially on rainy days where guests leave early?

More importantly, will this be reported correctly through the pipelines or just become another numbers fudging issue where management misrepresents numbers to make themselves look far better than reality???

This reminds me of The Legend of Jack Sparrow. Guest satisfaction skyrocketed from the teens to over 60% when return times were introduced because guests were getting better value for their time and felt less disappointment because of it.

On the other hand, capacity dropped from 95% to well under 50% due to failure to return for return times. Additionally, the very high numbers of unsatisfied guests that were turned away because of rejected access to near empty shows in favor of 2-3 hour return times were never accounted for in these surveys.

Bolt

One question, if guests aren't showing up fortheir FP times, will the attraction be sending empty vehicles through?

Or if more than projected numbers of FPs do show up, how long could the FP queue get?

Without a variable of a standup line to offset supply/demand of FPs through the hours of the day, will the attraction have surplus or shortage issues? Especially on rainy days where guests leave early?

More importantly, will this be reported correctly through the pipelines or just become another numbers fudging issue where management misrepresents numbers to make themselves look far better than reality???

This reminds me of The Legend of Jack Sparrow. Guest satisfaction skyrocketed from the teens to over 60% when return times were introduced because guests were getting better value for their time and felt less disappointment because of it.

On the other hand, capacity dropped from 95% to well under 50% due to failure to return for return times. Additionally, the very high numbers of unsatisfied guests that were turned away because of rejected access to near empty shows in favor of 2-3 hour return times were never accounted for in these surveys.
It's a 4 day test, not the apocalypse. The only way you can test true guest behavior is by getting real data.

JediMasterMatt

It's a 4 day test, not the apocalypse. The only way you can test true guest behavior is by getting real data.

Tell that to the guests that paid full price admission for their "once in a lifetime" magical vacation.

Let's see... the resort wants people to micromanage and preplan their vacation to the nth degree, then decides to take away people's ability to get access to an attraction on the spur of the moment. Sounds like the TDO we've come to expect.

As someone with a disabled wife, I would love to see what's going on at guest relations with this. Should be a hoot and a feel very sorry for anyone working there today.

RSoxNo1

This screams of an unnecessary way to support the 3 track approach. That's already happening, so I'm not sure the benefit of this test. It's not going to show them throughput issues because you're not going to get a bunch of people to wait in a fictitious standby line and not ride. I really don't understand the objective behind this test.

Also, can anyone confirm that they are shutting out DAS users as well - that seems highly unlikely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom