FP+ filling up?

cw1982

Original Poster
@Weather_Lady and I had been discussing this somewhere, but now I can't find the thread, and I figured the subject might pertain to more than just the handfull of attractions we had discussed at the time.

So, for those of you who are within 30 days of your trip to WDW, here's what I'm curious about: are you seeing some of the attractions fill up as your dates get closer? If so, which ones? I don't think anyone will be surprised to hear that A&E are going quickly (I think I heard somewhere that most people have to book that for a few days into their trip because the first part of the trip seems to fill quickly), what else?

Something else that I've seen asked around here in other threads but haven't seen anyone get a direct answer to yet: anyone know if WDW is still keeping a few FP+ for each attraction on standby for day-of guests who don't buy tickets in advance? If not,, I wonder how adding extra FP+ would work if they are all gone already...

lebeau

Even at 49 days out, I'm noticing things getting tighter. Previously, I coul shift my times around with ease. I could schedule one FP immediately after the pevious one. Now, I have to leave lags of 10 minutes here and there. My guess is because certain times have filled up.

We've discussed before how hard it is to plan right now while everything is in a state of flux. I'm planning for the worst and hoping for the best. I'm reasonably confident that FP+ won't ruin our trip. Truth is, were never what you woul call FP super-users anyway.

LAM378

I was able to book mine last month. Everything was wide open that first day except A&E, which were (and continue to be) grayed out. Otherwise I got everything I wanted early in the day, at our first parks of the days.

I attempted to make some switches last Saturday, 39 days out for me, in light of the news that you can get more FPs in a park once you've used the first 3. Everything was still available (except A&E) but it was much harder to get specific times, and many attractions didn't have booking times until 12-1 p.m. So yes, wiggle room seems to be disappearing as the trip gets closer!

kelknight84

A&E is going to be hard to get especially because I read somewhere that they only meet until 5pm and then switch to a different princess.

cw1982

Original Poster
Yeah I figure A&E would be that way. I'm not worried about that, though, since I personally would rather use the FP+ on another ride anyway.

Test Track and Soarin' will definitely be full since those are pretty much the only rides at Epcot that tend to have long lines (from what I've read) so I'm thinking FP+ for park hopping at Epcot that Friday (if that's what we do) will probably be more about going there that evening for a few drinks and a few snacks after we enjoy our second round of MK fun during the day.

I find it interesting that a lot of attractions are filling up for morning times... maybe people are using them in the morning thinking they will get more sooner that way? I might consider that too if I thought I could talk dh into rd lol...that's not gonna happen. ;)

Weather_Lady

For me (now 25 days out, I think), the FP+ I can no longer freely reschedule (with the only available times being very early or very late in the day, or in the case of Anna/Elsa, no availability) are: Anna/Elsa M&G, Enchanted Tales w/Belle, and Toy Story Midway Mania, and to a lesser extent, Space Mountain and Soarin'.

Of course, it's hard to tell whether the times I'm not offered are truly "booked up," or whether Disney is holding some FP+ back, or whether my party size (6) is affecting my results. It's not really a problem, since I have the FP+ I want and any changes I make now are just minor tweaks, but for anyone planning their trip at the last minute and running into the same availability issues, I'm sure it will be annoying.

cw1982

Original Poster
Yeah basically the only way I can see the idea of allowing more FP+ after the first three making any sense is if they do hold a certain percentage back to be released the day of. Otherwise everything would be full by 10am for the whole day.

I can't wait to get more updates on this. Maybe we should keep this thread or another one going so that we can all keep each other posted on this, since the situation will likely continue to change as more people find out that they can book early.

Weather_Lady

Yeah basically the only way I can see the idea of allowing more FP+ after the first three making any sense is if they do hold a certain percentage back to be released the day of. Otherwise everything would be full by 10am for the whole day.

I can't wait to get more updates on this. Maybe we should keep this thread or another one going so that we can all keep each other posted on this, since the situation will likely continue to change as more people find out that they can book early.

I imagined they'd just keep the existing FP+ numbers in place, and offer guests a 4th/5th/etc. FP+ based solely on what remains available for a given day (in other words, your only choices for FP+ beyond your initial three will likely be "second tier" attractions if the first tier ones are already gone, or else very late time slots for first tier ones).

TinkandCrew

We were 22 days out when we picked our FP+'s last night. A&E said Standby Available only, but didn't give me an option to choose it.

As for our other choices, we got late afternoon and early evening times only. No morning times. Forget about TSMM. They gave us like 8pm for that!

I took them just have something booked, but really....with such late times it didn't seem helpful.

I really feel like Disney is treating us like a second class citizen in this respect. It's like punishment for not staying at their resort. I paid the same price for my park pass and should get the same opportunities on the rides, regardless of where I lay my head at night. :grumpy:

Weather_Lady

We were 22 days out when we picked our FP+'s last night. A&E said Standby Available only, but didn't give me an option to choose it.

As for our other choices, we got late afternoon and early evening times only. No morning times. Forget about TSMM. They gave us like 8pm for that!

I took them just have something booked, but really....with such late times it didn't seem helpful.

I really feel like Disney is treating us like a second class citizen in this respect. It's like punishment for not staying at their resort. I paid the same price for my park pass and should get the same opportunities on the rides, regardless of where I lay my head at night. :grumpy:

I agree with you there. We stay onsite every time, and I think there should be perks for doing so, but those perks should not diminish the in-park experience of the off-site guest, reduce the value of their park ticket, or otherwise be shoved in their faces. EMH is a great example of a perk for onsite guests that avoids these pitfalls: it is largely invisible to the off-site guest, and does not interfere with their free and equal enjoyment of the parks during regular park hours.

cw1982

Original Poster
See, I'm actually okay with later times on my second round since my first round will generally revolve around lunchtime lol. That gives us time to relax and do some of the tier 2 stuff and then hit a big one again. I would have probably been waiting in line for that second round anyway so if I can snag that later time up it works well for me and will be an added bonus. Might be different if I had kids and was trying to make all the fireworks or get to bed early.

jlsHouston

Here is a trick....it might work but it is tedious. It's a little known fact a single rider is easier to FP for almost any time slot. So book what you really want with the times you really want for one person in your party. Once you get it set, start the copy process to your other guests. If the copy process does not work, then try each member individually or in groups of 2, looking for times that will overlap with the first set of FP+'s

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom