FP+ and Dining Sanity Check

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Just wanted to run my plans by everyone and see what y'all think. Tomorrow is my FP+ day and we're traveling with more people than normal so plans have changed a thousand times. We're going 8 nights at Old Key West. For the most part, our "morning" park sessions will be 9am to 1pm and our evenings will be 4pm to 9pm with a break in between.

Arrival Day
Land at MCO early afternoon.
Get settled at Old Key West, dinner at Olivia's.

Day 1
Morning - Magic Kingdom (Adventureland)
Evening - Hollywood Studios (FP+ for Toy Story, Star Tours, and Tower)

Day 2
Morning - Animal Kingdom (FP+ for Everest, Kali, and Flight of Passage)
Evening - Epcot (World Showcase)

Day 3
Morning - Off
Evening - Magic Kingdom (arrive in time for FoF, FP+ for Thunder, Splash, and Mansion, dinner at Skipper Canteen)

Day 4
Morning - Epcot (rope drop Test Track)
Evening - Magic Kingdom (FP+ for Enchanted Tales, Peter Pan, and Mine Train)

Day 5
Morning - Epcot (pre-opening breakfast at Garden Grill. Rope drop Soarin'. FP+ Frozen)
Evening - Off (dinner at Jiko)

Day 6
Full Day - Animal Kingdom (FP+ Na'vi River, Safari, RoL, dinner at Boma)

Day 7
Morning - Hollywood Studios (rope drop RnRC)
Evening - Magic Kingdom (FP+ Space, Speedway, and Buzz. Dinner @ Liberty Tree)

Departure Day
Breakfast at Olivia's

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
What size room do you have at OKW? Unless there's a good reason to do otherwise, I like to eat breakfast in our villa, since we've got the full kitchen.

For our trip in August, I'm breaking my rule so I don't have to use a precious FP for RoL, so we're doing dining package for breakfast at Tusker House.

Otherwise, everything looks good. I'm hoping to get FP in the AM for the two Pandora rides when my window opens in a few days. *fingers crossed*

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
What size room do you have at OKW? Unless there's a good reason to do otherwise, I like to eat breakfast in our villa, since we've got the full kitchen.

For our trip in August, I'm breaking my rule so I don't have to use a precious FP for RoL, so we're doing dining package for breakfast at Tusker House.
Two bedroom villa. We'll be cooking breakfast six of eight mornings. The only exceptions are an 8am Garden Grill, which we're using to get to Soarin' before anyone else, and Olivia's on the day we leave, because the banana bread french toast is my wife's favorite item at all of WDW.

Otherwise, everything looks good. I'm hoping to get FP in the AM for the two Pandora rides when my window opens in a few days. *fingers crossed*
You know you can't get both on the same day, right?

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Two bedroom villa. We'll be cooking breakfast six of eight mornings. The only exceptions are an 8am Garden Grill, which we're using to get to Soarin' before anyone else, and Olivia's on the day we leave, because the banana bread french toast is my wife's favorite item at all of WDW.

You know you can't get both on the same day, right?

No, I didn't know that...so they've tiered Pandora? :mad:

Well, I guess Na'vi will have to be standby. Which means I can use a FP for Kali to help cool us down.

Read online that Disney is completely out of stock of the adoptable banshees. Sure hope they get more in stock before we go in August, since my son-in-law really wants one.

Thanks for the tip about Pandora and FP+...

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
No, I didn't know that...so they've tiered Pandora? :mad:

Well, I guess Na'vi will have to be standby. Which means I can use a FP for Kali to help cool us down.

Read online that Disney is completely out of stock of the adoptable banshees. Sure hope they get more in stock before we go in August, since my son-in-law really wants one.

Thanks for the tip about Pandora and FP+...
That's the main reason we park hop. We go to Epcot three times but really only use one Fastpasses there so we schedule in a way that let's us load up on MK and DAK.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
That's the main reason we park hop. We go to Epcot three times but really only use one Fastpasses there so we schedule in a way that let's us load up on MK and DAK.

Unfortunately, we're only there for two full days. DD wanted to see Pandora, so she suggested the weekend trip. I saw Pandora during a preview, so I wasn't in a rush and could wait until November. I've told them to be prepared for crowds, big crowds...

Upvote 0

21stamps

No Disney Springs while staying at OKW?

Please take photos of Jiko and share.. if anyone happens to get the seafood curry please report about the flavors. Thanks!

Oh, and the plans look good!

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
No Disney Springs while staying at OKW?
I don't love Disney Springs. I lived down there for three years and we were close enough where that AMC was our "home" movie theater. I think I'm sick of it enough for a lifetime. But some of the group might go there on either the morning or evening off.

Please take photos of Jiko and share.. if anyone happens to get the seafood curry please report about the flavors. Thanks!
I might just do that. But don't fall in love with the menu. It changes.

Upvote 0

21stamps

I don't love Disney Springs. I lived down there for three years and we were close enough where that AMC was our "home" movie theater. I think I'm sick of it enough for a lifetime. But some of the group might go there on either the morning or evening off.

I might just do that. But don't fall in love with the menu. It changes.

I wanted to see the revamped DS last year.. especially the drone show. Just never wanted to spend the time to get to/from, and was worried about crowds. If I was a boat ride away we would have. We both love Ghiradelli and Sprinkles, but haven't been to the Sprinkles in Disney Springs yet.. and the new Paddlefish restaurant looks good.

How often does the Jiko menu change?

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
How often does the Jiko menu change?
I'd guess three or four times a year, but it's not like the whole menu switches out. Some things will stick around, other things will come on and off. That's the case at all of the resort signature restaurants. Artist Point had this pork belly risotto that I haven't seen in awhile but was truly amazing.

Upvote 0

21stamps

I'd guess three or four times a year, but it's not like the whole menu switches out. Some things will stick around, other things will come on and off. That's the case at all of the resort signature restaurants. Artist Point had this pork belly risotto that I haven't seen in awhile but was truly amazing.
The lamb and lobster tail is the only thing that looks very good to me. Kiddo will be happy with any seafood dish.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
The lamb and lobster tail is the only thing that looks very good to me. Kiddo will be happy with any seafood dish.
I don't think the lobster tail is an entree, it's just an add-on.

I'm going to have a tough time deciding between the lamb and the elk. My wife will get the short rib or I'd be even more conflicted.

Upvote 0

21stamps

I don't think the lobster tail is an entree, it's just an add-on.

I'm going to have a tough time deciding between the lamb and the elk. My wife will get the short rib or I'd be even more conflicted.

It is an add on, I would order it with the lamb. All of the apps look great, but we'll have to narrow that down to one...which will be tough. The kids menu doesn't interest me at all.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
It is an add on, I would order it with the lamb. All of the apps look great, but we'll have to narrow that down to one...which will be tough. The kids menu doesn't interest me at all.
Obviously everything at Jiko is expensive but that lobster tail at $29 is next-level. Us New Englanders drive to Maine when we want lobster.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom