Fountain of Nations drained for refurbishment?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
there usually somewhat good about fixing it when it starts to look like death, this is the time of year they usually give it sometlc and I hear they might be doing some work to it

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Both this fountain and the one at the entrance of Epcot were 'off' today. There was a jazz band performing on the Fountain Stage, so perhaps that was why it was off, but does not explain why it was completely drained.
that's means there working on it!!!!!! Unless there's an extensive refurbishment going on there doing a tuneup to get it up to par, they do that disabled when it gets as bad as it was and its usually done just in time for me

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It has water in it today and is in cascade mode due to the stage show (water is flowing down the sides but no jets are running)

hpyhnt 1000

It really needs an extensive refurbishment again. An embarrassing number of jets were broken or misaligned in December. Worst of all, none of the "poppers" (the ones that shoot ~100' into the air) were working. Made for some awkward gaps as the fountain danced to the old Lights of Winter soundtrack.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It really needs an extensive refurbishment again. An embarrassing number of jets were broken or misaligned in December. Worst of all, none of the "poppers" (the ones that shoot ~100' into the air) were working. Made for some awkward gaps as the fountain danced to the old Lights of Winter soundtrack.
It's been like that for a while now. Amazingly.

ABQ

For a week in mid December that I was there, the fountain didn't perform any of the shows it used to run, not once. It had water, but just cascading.

ABQ

Yes, Joyful, the gospel group that's been there for the past few years, but that never stopped the fountain from running its show in the years before.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I would love to see them gut it and redo all the hardware but with that would probably also result in new music and we all know the probable outcome of that one and here not all instrumentals.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, Joyful, the gospel group that's been there for the past few years, but that never stopped the fountain from running its show in the years before.

Louder isnt better, they have yet to learn that lesson. You dont need to be on the same side of the lake to hear them and its not a good thing.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Louder isnt better, they have yet to learn that lesson. You dont need to be on the same side of the lake to hear them and its not a good thing.
I remember those days where you could hear Moroccan and off Kilter at the same time from Norway and multiple other performances, that was before pre show music.

Monorail_Red_77

It has water in it today and is in cascade mode due to the stage show (water is flowing down the sides but no jets are running)
Yes, I was there on Monday 1/16 and can confirm it was in cascade mode. At the time I was there they had these cool entertainers dressed as statues and they would move every so often. They were in front of the Fountain Stage area. Oh well, guess I will have to wait until next month to get my fountain show fix. LOL

brb1006

Removing that stage would be the first step to "Change" Epcot.....
Along with these
P8110961.jpg

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Along with these
P8110961.jpg
Give it up, they'll never be able to complete the to do list made up by fans. Hopefully when Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are complete Epcot will get its overhaul, just hope they don't ruin the theme or the meaning at least more than they have already done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom